Reload this Page Official Christianity Thread
Page 19 of 27
Hive_Tyrant
Clambaked5
Contributor
Old
361 - 07-03-2008, 17:55
Quote:
I think the point here is that you're willing to accept the historical evidence that is necessary to prove the existence of many figures, and you will completely disregard the lack of primary sources of writings, but when it comes to acknowledging the historicity of Jesus, you're quick to dismiss it wholesale as myth ... which is something that not even Doherty, the most prominent proponent of your position, does.
Oh, hey Dooby, I see you haven't given up.

First off, you're assuming I 'believe' Alexander the Great existed. While I do, you can't know that. Fact is, from what I've read (which is precious little), I have no reason to doubt that Alexander the Great lived. I DO however have reason to doubt that Jesus existed. That's the difference.

If someone came up to me and said, "Alexander the Great never existed. He was a made up figure. Here's why I think this. These are very good reasons, do you agree?" Then I would weigh the facts and determine if I thought it was a correct statement or not. I've had no one challenge the existence of Alexander the Great. I have however seen many people that challenge the fact that Jesus existed and that have some good ****ing arguments. They expose the lie quite effectively. I love seeing Christians back stroke and stutter when they try to explain the 'inconsistencies'.

Still waiting on that 'mountain of evidence'. Anything you can provide has already been disputed and disproved. My job is too easy here. All you can do is argue until you get backed into the 'faith' corner and you know it. You can sputter and poke your holy nose up and pontificate all you like, but in the end you're left looking like an idiot and worshiping an imaginary man because you're scared of the 'Debil'.

Sponsored Links
PotatoBoatCaptain
VeteranX
Old
362 - 07-03-2008, 17:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
We post here not because God deserted us, but because by our very nature we are sinful individuals. You are not all that you post on tw, you have a good side that is exhibited, this side is God's good in us. The naughty stuff we post on tw is the sin in us talking.
I'm just kidding.

I don't believe in God, on account of not being stupid. Don't believe me?

Did I mention **** you and your so-called beliefs?

Sincerely,
Atheism

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
363 - 07-03-2008, 17:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoBoatCaptain View Post
What the ****, dude. We post here BECAUSE God has deserted us; why else would we subject ourselves to this depravity? **** you and your 'God loves me nyah nyah nyah' bull****.
Why would you seek to deny God's love when it is evident everywhere? God loves you like your mother and father love you. They love you unconditionally regardless if you screw up or not. Take the love your family has for you and mutiply it by millions, and you still would not even have a glimpse of what God's love is. For it is eternal and unconditional.

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
364 - 07-03-2008, 17:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpy Dooby View Post
If you're going to claim that Jesus never existed, then by logical extension of contextual evidence, you must necessarily conclude that Alexander the Great never existed. We don't have writings of him until 100 years after his death, and we don't even have those sources; instead, we have guys copied what was written 100 years after his death 400 years after his death.
You sure about this?

I was under the impression Egypt kept pretty good records of who was in charge.

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
365 - 07-03-2008, 18:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
You sure about this?

I was under the impression Egypt kept pretty good records of who was in charge.
Yes, I'm pretty sure about that (we might have some minor accounts prior to that, but definitely nothing substantial until many centuries after his death ... except, of course, Alexandria, which is quite substantial in and of itself). If there were records, they've since been lost. The Romans weren't exactly friendly to Greek history. The records might have been in the library when it was destroyed.

What we have is an account that was written 400 years after his death. And that account is supposed to be a copy of an account that was supposed to have been written 100 years after his death.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
366 - 07-03-2008, 18:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoBoatCaptain View Post
I'm just kidding.

I don't believe in God, on account of not being stupid. Don't believe me?

Did I mention **** you and your so-called beliefs?

Sincerely,
Atheism
I respect the fact that you have not believed in Jesus Christ yet. I will pray that the Lord will soften your heart someday so you can allow him to enter in you.

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
367 - 07-03-2008, 18:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive_Tyrant View Post
...my arguments are inconsistent
Dumpy made some good points, getting angry isn't a counterargument.

Ultrakiller
VeteranX
Old
368 - 07-03-2008, 18:05
I can imagine Sipher getting off while quoting scripture and parables.

I have no problem with religion, most of my family is.
But you have gone from faith to downright masturbation.

Hive_Tyrant
Clambaked5
Contributor
Old
369 - 07-03-2008, 18:08
Quote:
I'm not angry. Did you have something to contribute or did you just want a little taste of Dooby's cock?

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
370 - 07-03-2008, 18:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrakiller View Post
I can imagine Sipher getting off while quoting scripture and parables.

I have no problem with religion, most of my family is.
But you have gone from faith to downright masturbation.
I am simply expressing my beliefs which are from the Bible and ideas I have formulated based upon the Bible that I can only imagine was given to me by the Holy Spirit.

How have I gone from faith to masturbation?

Icey
VeteranX
Old
371 - 07-03-2008, 18:08
This thread is going places.

blazindave
Veteran
Old
372 - 07-03-2008, 18:11
Quote:
I will pray that the Lord will soften your heart someday so you can allow him to enter in you.
I thought homosexuality was a sin.

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
373 - 07-03-2008, 18:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive_Tyrant View Post
Oh, hey Dooby, I see you haven't given up.

First off, you're assuming I 'believe' Alexander the Great existed.
If you returned to this thread and said that you didn't believe Alexander the Great existed, then I would have interpreted that as an concession.

Quote:
While I do, you can't know that. Fact is, from what I've read (which is precious little), I have no reason to doubt that Alexander the Great lived. I DO however have reason to doubt that Jesus existed. That's the difference.
What's your reason to doubt that Jesus existed, and why don't your reasons apply to the existence of Alexander the Great?

Quote:
If someone came up to me and said, "Alexander the Great never existed. He was a made up figure. Here's why I think this. These are very good reasons, do you agree?" Then I would weigh the facts and determine if I thought it was a correct statement or not. I've had no one challenge the existence of Alexander the Great. I have however seen many people that challenge the fact that Jesus existed and that have some good ****ing arguments. They expose the lie quite effectively. I love seeing Christians back stroke and stutter when they try to explain the 'inconsistencies'.
Please elaborate on the inconsistencies, and explain how they're relevant to the historicity of Jesus.

Quote:
Still waiting on that 'mountain of evidence'.
Again, you already know what I'm going to post, and I already know that you have some copy/paste bull**** from the Rational Response Squad ready and waiting to be posted as some sort of "clever" rebuttal.

But if you're actually serious, then I would advise you to read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

Quote:
Anything you can provide has already been disputed and disproved.
By who? Some 30yr schmucks with an online radio show that they do in their mom's basement? Or maybe some biologists, physicists, and other members of academia that don't understand the disciplines of ancient historians, and how they differ from modern historians? Find me a credible ancient historian that "disputes and disproves" the evidence.

Quote:
My job is too easy here. All you can do is argue until you get backed into the 'faith' corner and you know it. You can sputter and poke your holy nose up and pontificate all you like, but in the end you're left looking like an idiot and worshiping an imaginary man because you're scared of the 'Debil'.
I'm an atheist (I have never expressed otherwise in these forums) and I don't worship Jesus. Let's talk about "assumptions" again, you stupid ****.

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
374 - 07-03-2008, 18:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teratos View Post
Can we talk about the age of the earth?

escapedturkey
Veteran4
Old
375 - 07-03-2008, 18:22
Quote:
I believe that God is eternal and the way we try to conceptualize what eternal really is, is by creating the definition of time and infinity. Infinity being time continues on forever.
That makes sense. It does seem that infinity is the secular version of eternity -- in a sort of convoluted way. The 'big bang' being an alternative to creationism, existence preceded by a single moment before time, matter, energy, and space.

I'm not attempting to provide an opinion, just an observation.

Last edited by escapedturkey; 07-03-2008 at 18:26..
n/x
Veteran++
Old
376 - 07-03-2008, 18:25
Quote:
I am simply expressing my beliefs which are from the Bible and ideas I have formulated based upon the Bible that I can only imagine was given to me by the Holy Spirit.

Pride, vanity, hubris?

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
377 - 07-03-2008, 18:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapedturkey View Post
That makes sense. It does seem that infinity is the secular version of eternity -- in a sort of convoluted way. The 'big bang' being an alternative to creationism, existence preceded by a single moment before time, matter, energy, and space.
You asked alot of interesting questions. Are you a believer or do you seek to become on?

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
378 - 07-03-2008, 18:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by n/x View Post
Pride, vanity, hubris?
It is mentioned in the Bible about converting others. I believe Jesus says something along the lines of do not be afraid for, the Holy Spirit will enter in you and give you what is needed for you to teach.

After Jesus ascended the apostles went and tried to convert others and when the Pharisees heard of this they investigated them and noticed that though the apostles seemed "uneducated" they were extremely educated in terms of the Word of God, much like Jesus himself was.

Hive_Tyrant
Clambaked5
Contributor
Old
379 - 07-03-2008, 18:34
Quote:
I'm an atheist (I have never expressed otherwise in these forums) and I don't worship Jesus. Let's talk about "assumptions" again, you stupid ****.
Oooo - Who's angry now!?! *poke*poke*

Fact is, I'm not doing your google work for you. You know exactly what 'inconsistencies' I'm talking about (or you're not as well read as you pretend).

Quote:
By who? Some 30yr schmucks with an online radio show that they do in their mom's basement?
Some of them, maybe (much like the guys that wrote the wiki you linked but with colored shirts and no ties). Probably chaps your ass that these same '30yr schmucks' have your ****ing number.

If your argument is 'Other historical figures probably existed so Jesus probably did' then you should just stop now.

It's my sons birthday today, so I'll go hang out with him, eat cake, and throw a football with him. I'll be back later and we'll see if we can narrow this down a bit. I'm arguing that Jesus was a myth. You're saying... what? Just that he may have lived? What about the rest of the myth? Are you backing into the corner and saying 'that whole walk on water thing may have been bull****, but he was a real man dammit, a real man I tell you!'

If you're just asserting that he may have lived and not taking the 'magical messiah' stance then this argument is pointless (though you'd still lose simply due to your inability to prove jack ****).

escapedturkey
Veteran4
Old
380 - 07-03-2008, 18:35
Quote:
You asked alot of interesting questions. Are you a believer or do you seek to become on?
I've been surrounded by theists and atheists. I see both sides. I also see they have more in common than they have differences. The differences are always the more dramatic and emotional (hence the most interesting to debate). However, if you step outside and look-in, they are both attempting to resolve the same metaphysical and existential questions. Often the resulting study is driven by linguistics and methodology rather than whether the final outcome is true or false.

I realize it sounds like I'm just rambling a bunch of nonsense, but it's the only way to summarize the conflict between such abstract and axiomatic ideas; typically the base similarities outweigh the differential details.

Last edited by escapedturkey; 07-03-2008 at 18:39..
Page 19 of 27

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Official Christianity Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
athiesm , badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , boy must be sacrificed , bullshit , christian , delusions , free gon , fuck christians , fuck jesus , gay priest , get a mind of your own , goth , irrational , jesus built my hotrod , kill the boy , nogodforme , overpopulators , priest touches boy , reggs , religious fuck , shitlicks for jesus , suicidetaxi is god , will smith