[Holy Shit]New game: Shattered Horizon

fyi

when your review of the game involves the words "has a lot of potential"

thats equivalent to saying a girl has a "great personality"

aka its ugly and it sucks

sincerely,

eggi

unfortunately i wont be able to be on much the next few days due to my momma having surgery.. but my steam ID is mocmentalpiracy

it has 1 on 1 voice chat
like you open up a steam IM window with someone and hit "invite to voice chat"

er wait a second. i think you can have multiple people in a chat. maybe multiple people can be on the voice chat as well

It had voice chat. Just start a multi-person conversation and toggle the voice chat mode. It's kinda "roger-wilco" in it's quality... but better then nothing.

I bought it.

Not that interesting. You fly around and kill things, but there's no sense of achievement at the moment (you just die and respawn, big deal).

Needs CTF and new guns/other changes etc. The devs seem switched on though so I think things like that will happen.

After getting used to it, I get more headshots than tankshots, which is weird, because I usually stealth a round and blast from behind. Seems like a tank takes more hits than the head.

The shitty thing about this game is that it gets frustrating and when that happens, it feels like the game is mocking you at having payed money for the "privilege" of being kicked in the balls for 20 minutes.

yeah

dying to people who are constantly locked down to objects or getting sniped really bugs the tits out of me. especially on flipside since that's all that map is when a team controls the middle ridge. it's obnoxious.

i'd like to see them implement some kind of timer for how long you can stay locked and a cooldown before you can lock again, kind of like the boost

:hrm:

"Moonrise" Content pack announced

Today we announced our plans for the first content pack for Shattered Horizon. Containing four new levels set around the Moon, the "Moonrise" pack will double the number of levels in the game and will be free to all players.

Starting this week players who pre-ordered Shattered Horizon and selected beta testers will be invited to begin play-testing the new levels. We will be posting more details on how that is going to work in the next few days.

"Moonrise" Content Pack Announced - Futuremark / YouGamers Forums

Using the melee attack on snipers is really rewarding.

I do get frustrated with the game, but I think it's mostly down to the fact that there are some very good players, and when they work together, it's really hard to stop them. When I see people doing those MPA jumps and headshotting me from midair in .5 seconds, I do get the feeling that this is what playing Tribes feels like when you're new.

Yeah, there is definitely some skill to the game, it runs choppy enough on my laptop that I can't aim well, I'll have to try it out on my desktop when I get home.

Back