[EQ] Project 1999

DarKSouL_BC

Veteran X
Those of you who are bored of WoW right now check this out:

Project 1999

Basically it's a straight classic EQEmu server (Free) which has had A LOT of work put into it, and still continues to..

It's following the same timeline that Verant (Sony) followed back in the day with releasing expansions ect. If followed Kunark should be due out in October 2010.

All you need to play:

EQ Titanium (This is easily attainable in most "stores").

Community is fairly large at the moment, during peak hours there is anywhere between 400-500 people playing and it's still growing.. boxing is not allowed.

If you end up playing hit me up in game:

Steez Level 6 Halfling Druid =p

Ps. The grind is pretty rough.. lol.

EQ was too hardcore for me to be much fun. However, I still feel nostalgic about it because it was the first MMO I ever played - was pretty epic back then.

Epic time sinks for KEYS(VP, ST, ect)! Overtuned events! Sounds fun, where do I sign up?

The only thing that was cool about EQ, was awaking the sleeper and getting bitched by other people on the server, that would probably never see the warders anyway.

I've been following the EQ Classic project for a while now. I've always revered EQ as one of my favorite MMO's of all time, grind included. It's just one of those experiences that you either have or you don't, and I had it bad for this game.

I might actually get back into it..I miss my Halfling Druid too :(

Made my halfling druid on the classic PvE raid progression server..the 2nd one of the higher populated servers.

If you're still on there as Steez i'll add ya.

My toon's name is Bilbow..bringin it back to 1999 to recreate my original main.

It's the exact same game it used to be pretty much. No kunark or velious on this server. Only a few things are updated..like spell effects, a couple zones are different from classic, and some of the pet models. But these can all be fixed from what I hear.

Awesome, me and Darksoul are the only TW'ers playing afaik. After you get everything set up and log in, we're in the Project 1999 Classic Raid PvE progression server.

Dark's toon is Steez
My toon is Bilbow

God I used to love EQ. I played a troll, and I hated when they changed the models. The old ones were way more fun.

I had a custom emote that made my guy thrust his hips back and forth really fast and I would sit in ecommons "troll humping" people.

I believe you can turn those things off in options.

They just released a new patch on sunday, fixed a bunch of bugs ect.. sol ro may open soon as well.

The lower level population is still good, still around 20-30 people in CB at any given time. When I was in Uguk yesterday there were 35 people.. was insane.

424 people online (no boxing) @ 3:00PM PST :O

Last edited:
Back