Californians might get a chance to vote on legalizing marijuana akin to alcohol. by Dumpy Dooby - Page 7 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Californians might get a chance to vote on legalizing marijuana akin to alcohol.
Page 7 of 8
Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
121 - 07-02-2008, 06:53
Holy ****ing **** what a broken system. Anyone who supports this kind of horse **** should have years of their life stolen for driving drunk, stealing, running a red light or any other illegal activity they've ever done.Many things, that are infinitely worse than a ****ing paraplegic smoking to ease his muscle spasms.

Quote:
Oklahoma is one of the toughest states in terms of their marijuana laws and the enforcement of their marijuana laws. There's a gentlemen named Larry Jackson in Oklahoma who received life without parole for .005 tenths of a gram of marijuana essentially a few flakes of marijuana in a roach. There's another man in Oklahoma, named James Montgomery, a paraplegic who was arrested with two ounces of marijuana in the pouch on the back of his wheelchair. He smoked the marijuana to help him with muscles spasms. It was his first arrest. He was tried and convicted and given the sentence of life plus 15 years. Oklahoma and Alabama are two of the worst states in terms of the toughness of their the length of their marijuana sentences.

Sponsored Links
Wish Bear
VeteranXV
Old
122 - 07-02-2008, 06:56
this isn't about medicinal....its about the guy that has a kid and doesn't want them taken away when he smokes up on the weekend....which isn't much different than his brother that gets drunk watching football on sunday who also has a kid.....

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
123 - 07-02-2008, 06:57
I know, I'm just saying life +15 years for a ****ing paraplegic.

That is just ****ing insane.

Alekhine
VeteranX
Old
124 - 07-02-2008, 07:03
Ya, Oklahoma needs to be nuked from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

DV
VeteranXV
Old
125 - 07-02-2008, 07:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis Pockels View Post
i am responding to shadowbs claim about incarceration rates being higher for alcohol related things than mairjuana related things

i dont care about the "correlation without causation" or anything else you posted because it is irrelevant to the argument i am making

also: you are confused as to what "correlation without causation" actually means

also: can you name two other instances besides prohibition that back up your claims
I'm sorry I can ruin your argument about there being more incarceration rates for alcohol vs pot with 3 letters.

DUI

Now I'll agree, in the long run you're looking at more people STAYING in prison for the same crime with pot. But your in out ratio with alcohol related incidents, is so ****ing high its not even funny.

*EDIT:* DISCLAIMER: I DON'T SMOKE POT.

Last edited by DV; 07-02-2008 at 07:31..
ChiNa
VeteranX
Old
126 - 07-02-2008, 07:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Holy ****ing **** what a broken system. Anyone who supports this kind of horse **** should have years of their life stolen for driving drunk, stealing, running a red light or any other illegal activity they've ever done.Many things, that are infinitely worse than a ****ing paraplegic smoking to ease his muscle spasms.
Even Middle Eastern drug laws aren't that harsh. Those kind of drug laws lack any kind of proportion.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
127 - 07-02-2008, 07:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDLxTG6JM2w

styr
VeteranXX
Old
128 - 07-02-2008, 10:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpy Dooby View Post
I said, "It's been 12 years since they legalized medical use of pot."

But yes, California most definitely legalized the medical use of pot in 1996. Plain and simple.
decriminalized, not legalized

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
129 - 07-02-2008, 10:16
lets not argue anymore.. i was wrong THE END

Vulcan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
130 - 07-02-2008, 10:30
Where do I sign?

triple
VeteranXV
Old
131 - 07-02-2008, 10:56
so you go to federal pmita prison instead of state prison. sounds good to me

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
132 - 07-02-2008, 13:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
decriminalized, not legalized
No, they legalized it. The people that were being charged weren't being charged under California law. Why? Because it was legal in California. They were being charged under federal law. Here, one more time for the impaired: California law has not allowed for prosecuting individuals for the medical use of marijuana since 1996 (well, it was probably January 1st, 1997, and it was voted on in November of 1996).

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
133 - 07-02-2008, 15:05
yea but they still get busted then charged with nothing... in the mean time cops kill plants that are not ready to harvest and take all the **** they do have.

its pretty ****ing lame but thats life i guess

MolimOrion
VeteranXV
Old
134 - 07-02-2008, 15:10
Move to Oregon, or better yet, move to Denver for being able to use it legally without the local cops ****ing with you, without a get-out-of-jail-free card.

The feds **** with California because it is California. The feds know the quickest path the national legalization is by them stepping up their game in all of the other medical marijuana states, or in the places that have legalized it completely.

As opposed to moving, it would be just as good, if not better, to stand up and fight in California. But it would be best to have the state police on your side, and that is up to Arnold. Hopefully in the future, he'll have the state police protecting the citizens from the feds, using whatever force necessary. That's another path to national legalization.

Alekhine
VeteranX
Old
135 - 07-02-2008, 15:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolimOrion View Post
But it would be best to have the state police on your side, and that is up to Arnold. Hopefully in the future, he'll have the state police protecting the citizens from the feds, using whatever force necessary. That's another path to national legalization.
Heya Moli (charlie bucket here)

What do you mean by this? Actual force?

MolimOrion
VeteranXV
Old
136 - 07-02-2008, 15:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alekhine View Post
Heya Moli (charlie bucket here)

What do you mean by this? Actual force?
I know it's you Miss our T2 and chess games!

And yes. A line of state police officers in front of a pharmacy that the feds are about to raid. I'm not saying they start shooting on sight. Only if the feds try to actually raid the pharmacy should the state police start shooting.

I believe that is one of the quickest paths to legalization.

Close to half the people in this country have used marijuana. Close to half of them would be fine if it were legal. They are able to stomach the prohibition because it mostly incarcerates minorities, as was its original intention.

If people turned on the news tonight, and everyone in the country saw the state police in a shootout with the feds, over a plant, I'm pretty sure folks would start supporting legalization. Or, they would get used to the shootouts, and maybe we would have a civil war.

Another path to legalization would be the People raiding local police stations. I would imagine lots of copycat raids across the country. We are very well armed country, and the primary reason for continued prohibition is a lack of will. Someone just has to step up, and begin the process. In the end, I believe the People will win. You have to have hope

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
137 - 07-02-2008, 15:36
it's getting time that weed is getting "legal" elsewhere than where i live seriously.. the whole coffeeshop principle is great in my opinion... people just hang there and smoke instead on the streets..

Alekhine
VeteranX
Old
138 - 07-02-2008, 15:42
Quote:

And yes. A line of state police officers in front of a pharmacy that the feds are about to raid. I'm not saying they start shooting on sight. Only if the feds try to actually raid the pharmacy should the state police start shooting.

Close to half the people in this country have used marijuana. Close to half of them would be fine if it were legal. They are able to stomach the prohibition because it mostly incarcerates minorities, as was its original intention.

If people turned on the news tonight, and everyone in the country saw the state police in a shootout with the feds, over a plant, I'm pretty sure folks would start supporting legalization. Or, they would get used to the shootouts, and maybe we would have a civil war.

Another path to legalization would be the People raiding local police stations. I would imagine lots of copycat raids across the country. We are very well armed country, and the primary reason for continued prohibition is a lack of will. Someone just has to step up, and begin the process. In the end, I believe the People will win. You have to have hope
Ya, would be weird. Lack of will is definitely an endemic problem. I'm not sure how it would happen, but I do hope the solution is a non-violent one. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be doing ****, no matter how many petitions, protests, or plain evidence that the justice system is both cannibalistic and cruel. Certainly a problem is that it almost never gets any mainstream press. The only time I ever hear of marijuana on the news seems to be because of some raid or another.

Hope all is well with you and the family my friend.

DV
VeteranXV
Old
139 - 07-02-2008, 16:22
Quote:
Move to Oregon, or better yet, move to Denver for being able to use it legally without the local cops ****ing with you, without a get-out-of-jail-free card.

The feds **** with California because it is California. The feds know the quickest path the national legalization is by them stepping up their game in all of the other medical marijuana states, or in the places that have legalized it completely.

As opposed to moving, it would be just as good, if not better, to stand up and fight in California. But it would be best to have the state police on your side, and that is up to Arnold. Hopefully in the future, he'll have the state police protecting the citizens from the feds, using whatever force necessary. That's another path to national legalization.

I can add one to that list:

Missoula, MT

Cops just don't give a **** about pot here.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
140 - 07-02-2008, 17:18
Quote:

signed **** YES but i just don't see the police doing that anytime soon. I wish to god they would tho

Page 7 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Californians might get a chance to vote on legalizing marijuana akin to alcohol.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
california , cops are the anti-christ , dr. dre , dumpy dooby is retarded , ender has herpes , fuckin stoners , fucking hippies , ld50=1:40000 , legalize it!! , lol stoners lol , loldrugslol , marijuana , nugz , pot , pot is bad mmmmmkay? , stoner faggots , towelie , weed