Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So.....detached retina
Page 1 of 9
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
1 - 02-23-2023, 11:42
Been having a bit of blurred vision and a few "eye floaters" last few days. Just got it checked out and **** me, detached retina. In for emergency surgery 8AM tomorrow to have it reattached.

That is all.

Sponsored Links
SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 02-23-2023, 11:47
from squatting too much weight?

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3 - 02-23-2023, 11:49
Bummer. How did you do it?

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 02-23-2023, 11:52
Quote:
Weight Training and Retinal Detachment
Some forms of exercise increase the risk of retinal detachment, a condition where the light-sensitive tissue in the back of the eye tears. A detached retina is an emergency since delayed treatment can lead to vision loss. However, laser surgery, if you get it quickly enough, prevents further damage and vision loss. People who are near-sighted are at the highest risk of retinal detachment because of the shape of their eyes. Retinal detachment is most common after the age of 40.

Some studies show that people who do a lot of occupational lifting are at greater risk of developing a detached retina, especially those who are near-sighted. It***8217;s not clear whether weight training increases the risk more. However, both occupational lifting and weight training increase pressure inside the abdomen during the lift, and that places more strain on the retina. Ophthalmologists also point out that people at high risk for detached retina because of nearsightedness should avoid exercise that involves trauma to the head such as boxing.
Weight Lifting and Eye Pressure: Can Strength Training Harm Your Vision?

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
5 - 02-23-2023, 11:53
No idea what caused it.

SuperSniperX
Veteranniner
Contributor
Old
6 - 02-23-2023, 12:06
you really overcranking that CPAP eh?

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 02-23-2023, 12:08
need to do some research on the PSI of male ejaculate.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 02-23-2023, 12:14
Walking along and hit a door knob face first?
Bumped into the corner of a low coffee table?
Get head-butted by a feral Chihuahua?

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 02-23-2023, 12:18
Did you get blindsided?

One of my exe's was a Brit. She had a retina that tore away. she had surgery done in the UK. They installed a plastic piece that kinda poked out of her eye. She could see again after they did it. I think they have lasers now and high tech ****. Don't get any sand in your eye if you get it done in Dubai.

Last edited by Brasstax; 02-23-2023 at 12:21..
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
10 - 02-23-2023, 12:28
Apparently they cut my eye open, reattach the retina, "glue" it with a laser then put in a gas bubble to hold it in place until it heals. Body reabsorbs glass bubble over 10-14 days. 90%+ success rate.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 02-23-2023, 12:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Apparently they cut my eye open, reattach the retina, "glue" it with a laser then put in a gas bubble to hold it in place until it heals. Body reabsorbs glass bubble over 10-14 days. 90%+ success rate.
Is it methane?

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
12 - 02-23-2023, 12:33
FUKTIFIKNOW

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 02-23-2023, 12:33
I am minge. Dilated to meet you

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 02-23-2023, 12:37
Well. Good luck dip****. That kinda of thing sucks ass but compared to losing some sense or faculty forever - it's ****ing awesome.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 02-23-2023, 12:37
Dang, glare rly got u good

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 02-23-2023, 12:39
Back to ripping on minge

So now your retina has something in common with your penis

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 02-23-2023, 12:44
it's tiny and doesn't work

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 02-23-2023, 12:47
bam

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 02-23-2023, 13:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Oh ****, you have a bad detachment in the center of vision. They try to avoid lasering the center of vision as it's a destructive process. A gas bubble is used to press the retina back into place, and you have to spend days on your stomach looking down. Should make it nice for your boyfriend, just try not to raise your blood pressure and blow the other eye apart.

As we age the clear vitreous in the eye gets stiffer, dissolves and shrinks, pulling away from the retina at the back. Often it doesn't pull away cleanly and pieces of the 'jelly' are left in between to create floaters. These eventually break loose and fall away from the retina and sight improves. Rarely the vitreous will pull the retina off, like tissue paper. At this point blindness occurs without immediate medical attention. You should kill yourself now midxe.

As a near sighted blind bastard, my eyes are elongated front to back, and the cornea at the front is thinner. Thin enough I'm not a candidate for laser surgery. I've already had retinal tears in the periphery of my vision. The vitreous has already pulled away at the rear and I have bad floaters. They can vaporize them with a YAGG laser, or clear them with a Vitrectomy, but I can still see well enough. They should clear up as time passes but it does make reading annoying.

My dad was one of the first laser retina reattachments in the country. He failed a one and a half dive off a 1m board at a nearby pool. Opened too soon and got a blast of water in the face that tore his left retina off. They had his arms and legs sand bagged down to a table for days to keep him from moving and raising blood pressure.

Last edited by Plasmatic; 02-23-2023 at 13:28..
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
20 - 02-23-2023, 13:29
Yeah my eyesight is ****awful. Like -7.75. Next level up from a white stick or a Labrador.

Page 1 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So.....detached retina

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
kill yourself midxe