I got engaged

Ranger-=VuP=-

Veteran XV
I doubt anyone here other than some old VuP people really care, but there it is nonetheless.

12 years ago I started playing Tribes. I'm still here and now I'm going to get married.

:shock:

questions:

1) how old are you two

2) how did you propose

TW gentlemen need to know

I'm 27. We've been together for about 5.5 years, lived together for about 1.5 years now.

We've discussed it for a while, so it wasn't a big surprise for her. Once I finally had the ring I had trouble keeping it to myself, but it was worth it. We went skating on the frogpond on the Boston Common last night then walked over to Post Office Square, which has romantic significance from previous dates. It was cold and snowy and private, worked out pretty well. Nothing too elaborate or expensive, just a pleasant evening together.

when I propose it's going to be fucking epic

like I'll probably hire someone to steal her purse and then chase after them, have some epic kung fu martial arts battle through the floors of a building under construction, some gun play, and then end with a thrilling helicopter fist fight where I get knocked off and look as though my end is near when WHUMP surprise parachute

then I land and I'm like

fucking marry me right now

No date yet. I think we both want late summer, which might be too fast for this year. On the other hand I'm pretty low key, so maybe we can do a small thing for this Aug/Sept. I'm mostly going to leave that stuff to her...

congrats ranger! enjoy the exciting time of being engaged! lots of fun stuff depending on how you plan/have your ceremony (assuming you are going to have one).

:cheers:

when I propose it's going to be fucking epic

like I'll probably hire someone to steal her purse and then chase after them, have some epic kung fu martial arts battle through the floors of a building under construction, some gun play, and then end with a thrilling helicopter fist fight where I get knocked off and look as though my end is near when WHUMP surprise parachute

then I land and I'm like

fucking marry me right now

lol

yeah man just sit back and relax

you did all the hard work already (lol)

your fiancee will handle EVERYTHING else, trust me

She will totally not want any of your input in the wedding planning. At all.

And by that I mean she'll want a ton of input, so she can ignore it or pick random fights with you about it as the stress level rises. Thank God my wife is pretty ADD so she handed over most of the wedding planning to our moms and sisters. All she did was pick her dress, the bridesmaids dresses, the guest list and the church. I got the reception hall and photographer and the parents took care of the rest, including the invitations, flowers, Mass programs, all that stuff.

Back