lets talk dodge viper

still one of the greatest american sports car designs imo

1999_dodge_viper_2_dr_gts_coupe-pic-40331.jpeg

Once drove one that had been spanked up to 750 BHP. Most uncomfortable scary piece of shit I've ever had the misfortune to sit in.

Ford and Porsche need competition when it comes to the road circuit. As a daily drive on regular streets, not practical.

For example, your buddy flies into town and you go pick him up at the airport. Where do you put the luggage? This happened to Danca Patrick, she took a Ferarri to the airport, Doh.

Last edited:
The Vipers have reached Porsche 911 GT3 levels, in terms of cost.

I guess if you ordered a GT3 with zero options. a typically optioned 991 Carrera 4 is over $135k. the base Viper GTS is $124k.

but I understand for people who don't know dick making that analogy is the easiest way to express that the Viper is way overpriced (which I agree it is). especially with how many units they've stated they want to move.

I think they really flubbed it. I love the Viper, it used to have track dominance over every peer despite being unrefined. but I don't think that's the case as they've softened it and the 911 is no longer a compromise in comparison. it's as fast and does everything else better too.

Back