base²

ownedfork.jpg

Originally posted by [meph]DooM! Probably just the havoc admin code stolen :lol:

I did use the havoc code, but why would I rewrite code if its already there for me to use? It's a huge waste of time. If you want, I can change all the prefixes from $HaVoC to $base2, its not hard at all, I didnt think it would really matter though

Edit: Changed the prefixes to $base2 and updated link.

Last edited:
Shinigami said:
Still sounds lame to me. Even in T2 it requires the target to be jetting and time to lock on...and it's still gay.

So you think I should take it out? I need a more legit reason then its gay.

Like want me to take that one out and add a normal rocket launcher that doesnt lock at all?

Last edited:
-kllr2001- said:
I dont know... I can't write code, I can only read and understand it, and i imagine if it is possible, it would be quite a bit of coding

Edit: Now that I look at that website closer, there could be a way for you to make an AI bot in a map, and give it way points to go to, only thing is that someone would have to write a script to make the bots fly... but it can be done from what I know.

If you were to make a route with bots, youd have to have knowledge in map making and scripting...

well with spoon mod you make a treeroute or something
you just need to have the bot constantly jumping and knowing when to fly and you're set!
so can you do either of those (reply in other thread)

-kllr2001- said:
So you think I should take it out? I need a more legit reason then its gay.

Like want me to take that one out and add a normal rocket launcher that doesnt lock at all?

I think the point that most all of us who don't like it are trying to make is that we think tribes is pretty balanced as it is.

Personally, I don't know how a locking rocket would balance anything, nor how a grappling hook balances anything. A speed booster in medium and a temporary shield in heavy? Just...no. A good heavy is hard enough to kill as it is.

Honestly, I don't think any mod is really going to get anywhere with the base community...the only thing I see in your mod that I personally would ever consider wanting to see in any base game ever might, maybe be a shotgun. If you've played base for very long and are any good at it, really, it's very balanced. No, it's not the easiest game to play in the world, but that's why most of us like tribes, because it takes some effort to not suck at this game.

-kllr2001- said:
oh well I tried... didnt expect you guys to like it anywayz :\

it's hard to change a community's mindset after 4 years of playing the same type of game

it was different with t2 since base fucking blew.

verve said:
it's hard to change a community's mindset after 4 years of playing the same type of game

it was different with t2 since base fucking blew.

yup

t1 base
-------
all t1 mods

the Warhammer mod was pretty cool though, it was the best that i have seen, however it never really got farther then a 2 server max or something

custom models and less gay changes(LOOK AT MY L33T DISC THAT FIERS 5872194871278643 DISCS A SECOND!!~@^!#)

KOS said:
yup

t1 base
-------
all t1 mods

the Warhammer mod was pretty cool though, it was the best that i have seen, however it never really got farther then a 2 server max or something

custom models and less gay changes(LOOK AT MY L33T DISC THAT FIERS 5872194871278643 DISCS A SECOND!!~@^!#)

Yes. You can't really make base better, so either have a full conversion mod or no one is gonna care. Even still, a full conversion mod is a bit of a waste on such an old engine.

Hey, at least give the guy a little credit for putting in the time and gaining some valuable experience that can be applied to future modifications and or other games. I'm sure that every coder out there had to get his/her start someplace. Nobody learns anything overnight, or without learning by example.

*ECK*|SpYdeR| said:
Hey, at least give the kid a little credit for putting in the time and gaining some experience that can be applied to future modifications and or other games.

It can't be applied to future modifications, because it's from existing modifications already.

Back