Wanted to ask the community about this: do you want a ton of new players, yes/no?

Pleaso no.

While the movie is in the making of, a Tribes setup with HQ skins should be made for later distribution

I was going to wait until HQ skins were done to even start making the movies, so everyone would realize this is how the game would look.

I'm not using cel shaded skins, lol

there is already a nice set of HQ weapon skins by sexxxgodsteve

the best player skins i can think of are bad_billy's

opsayo are you an authorized tribes display enhancement distributor? because i don't think you are. so ... you know ...

the best weapon set is sexxxgodsteve's.

I've been messing around with base textures the past couple of weeks.
so far this is what I've got.
newskins2.png

I've found a lot of nice textures from various places, its just really hard to find nice seamless textures. Non-seamless doesn't look very good no matter what the texture :/

it really isnt possible to get new players into t1, even if there was a shithole base pub that people could play on (i have heard nobody is even playing there anymore)

even if that server was populated, the games are terrible, a few good players can basically dominate, and since it has always been so poorly administrated nobody really fucking learns anything there

so what you have left is the retarded offspring of an LT community, which is so bad that it actually drives vets away (incoming opsayo insult that im bad now or something), and there is no way that new players would fit in.. shit it took a lot of work for me to get involved in the LT pickups when i started playing it

i have supported the game for a really long time, but the last run i had was pretty painful.. players who would never get picked in games suddenly were picked first, would suck, then spend more time talking shit in chat and drop... quality

I have to say, it's actually increasing my motivation to do this from what it already was to see so many people say things like "you will only get 5-10 people to try it out" or "it won't do anything" or "no one will like this game" or other similar things.

No way to tell for sure until the videos get made sometime later this month/early November, though.

Last edited:
Back