[(#)SOCCER] 2007-2008 Season Thread Part II by Rayn - Page 98 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2007-2008 Season Thread Part II
Page 98 of 104
Golazo
Old
1941 - 07-17-2008, 04:02
i will literally paypal anyone $400 if they can figure out drg0n god's address

Sponsored Links
Bump
Unregistered
Old
1942 - 07-17-2008, 04:43
why?

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
1943 - 07-17-2008, 06:32
Keane would be an awesome addition to Liverpool. Fingers crossed for the transfer.

CMVDA
VeteranX
Old
1944 - 07-17-2008, 09:05
Yo, dunno if any of you caught the women's soccer match yesterday on FSC...yes...I was that bored..but if anyone saw it/recorded it online..somewhere around the 24 minute mark, Heather Mitts Roy Keane'd the hell out of this brazilian chick, I mean she literally tackled this chick so hard she did a somersault, would make an awesome gif

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
1945 - 07-17-2008, 14:00
some possible/already happened transfer thoughts

berbatov to united: great move by manu. with saha almost certainly gone, ronaldo sulking like a little kid, and the youth academy producing a woeful crop of 'talent' (chris eagles lol), this is exactly what manu needs at the start of the season if they want to come out with a bang. a large experienced striker to partner up with rooney's quickness and youth, win-win

keane to liverpool - bad move for keane, good move for pool. unless a drastic dip in form (unlikely given his euro performance) keane will play second fiddle to torres while competing with babel for a starting spot. might pull a voronin/bellamy and suck his way into obscurity

dinho to milan - kaka + dinho playing for the same club team? unstoppable

spurs losing both keane and berba maybe? probably good in the long term. time to sell the old farts while they're still worth something and get some young blood in and shape them into a team that can actually fight for higher than 5th place

hleb to barca - for £12 mil it's a good deal. but the fact that wenger was willing to let such a constant fixture of the 1st team go for so cheap speaks volumes about what kind of impact hleb might have for whatever team he plays for next season.

CMVDA
VeteranX
Old
1946 - 07-17-2008, 14:07
Ronaldinho is kinda fat and old, do you think Milan will rejuvenate him?

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
1947 - 07-17-2008, 14:08
unless he re-injures himself, i think he can be as good as he was 4 years ago especially with kaka running **** alongside him

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
1948 - 07-17-2008, 15:32
Keane is ready zomg?

Quote:
Everything is done, fee, personal terms. He just needs to have his medical. Hopefully that will be today/tomorrow. (Kilde: Elisha Scott)

Golazo
Old
1949 - 07-17-2008, 16:19
i have little faith in kaka. if he's so good why arent they in the CL? its not like the competition is super stacked

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
1950 - 07-17-2008, 16:24
i think kaka is badass. he's EXTREMELY quick and pairing him with someone like ronaldinho who can juke the **** out of the entire opposing team and make amazing passes deep into enemy territory will be a lethal combination. if they get their chemistry right (which i see no reason why they wont) they are going to be very very dangerous.

but as always, soccer is a team sport, and the two of them alone aren't going to be able to carry the entire club to success. if the rest of the team continues to suck ass, well, it's not going to be good. although without the pressure of the champions league i'm sure they'll do better in seria A and probably become champions of italy.

confidential
VeteranX
Old
1951 - 07-17-2008, 16:46
it helps that they've been playing together for a long time for brazil

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
1952 - 07-17-2008, 16:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golazo View Post
i have little faith in kaka. if he's so good why arent they in the CL? its not like the competition is super stacked
they won the cl a year ago largely with the pirlo/kaka combo

with pirlo getting old, the dinho/kaka combo will take europe by storm

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
1953 - 07-17-2008, 17:02
i have a strange feeling Henry is going to kick ass this year

his mood and spirit seems to be much better, and he himself is talking about how he plans to turn things around now, and from what I hear guardiola will be playing him as a center forward instead of a latteral, which i think will suit him much better

i would love to see him and dinho both revive their careers

CMVDA
VeteranX
Old
1954 - 07-17-2008, 17:03
They'll be a dominant midfield provided Seedorf is still a dominant player. If he's strong in the back and providing them service, look out. If he slips, Milan won't be keeping much possession, and both Ronaldinho and Kaka seem to mentally check out of games where they're not seeing much of the ball

edit: is Seedorf even a defensive mid at Milan?

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
1955 - 07-17-2008, 19:28
US Olympic team is announced

I'm feeling pretty ****ing confident with this line-up

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Chivas USA/Aston Villa), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake)

Defenders: Patrick Ianni (Houston Dynamo), Michael Orozco (San Luis), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution), Nathan Sturgis (Real Salt Lake), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC)

Midfielders: Freddy Adu (SL Benfica), Michael Bradley (SC Heerenveen), Maurice Edu (Toronto FC), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Danny Szetela (Brescia Calcio)

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Charlie Davies (Hammarby IF), Brian McBride (out of contract), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)

I'd like to see something like this:

------Altidore
Adu---Bradley---Holden
----Edu---Kljestan/Szetela
Sturgis-Parkhurst-Orozco-Wynne
-------Guzan

CMVDA
VeteranX
Old
1956 - 07-17-2008, 21:26
Brian McBride will score twelve times.

With his left nut alone.

Golazo
Old
1957 - 07-17-2008, 21:44
all you guys talkin the kaka/dinho combo dont even watch serie A, let alone la liga. cept maybe monkey b.

if this kaka/dinho combo is suppose to take europe by storm, i dont think anyone would argue that messi is better than kaka? why didnt the messi/dinho combo **** all?

i was all over the HOLY **** HENRY TO BARCA and tahts when henry was in good form...didnt work out for him?

no clubs bid for dinho...yet people on here still think hes gona be great? if you read the boards/comments at say foxsports soccer everyone is laughing at Milan for even buying him

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
1958 - 07-17-2008, 22:05
Quote:
all you guys talkin the kaka/dinho combo dont even watch serie A, let alone la liga. cept maybe monkey b.

if this kaka/dinho combo is suppose to take europe by storm, i dont think anyone would argue that messi is better than kaka? why didnt the messi/dinho combo **** all?
I barely ever watch seria-A, but I have watched Milan play on several occasions and can definately comment on Kaka. The Messi dinho combo definately kicked ass at times, their back and forths were amazing and could juke the **** out of almost any defense. The Kaka dinho dynamic would be different though because Kaka is incredibly fast, much faster than Messi, and if dinho regains his form and technique his tricksey passes provide potential for rapid+deep penetration that could catch many defenses off guard.

I think it can be a very lethal combination. Of course this is all my opinion and not really worth ****. I could be totally wrong and they might suck ass.

Quote:
i was all over the HOLY **** HENRY TO BARCA and tahts when henry was in good form...didnt work out for him?

no clubs bid for dinho...yet people on here still think hes gona be great? if you read the boards/comments at say foxsports soccer everyone is laughing at Milan for even buying him
Honestly, soccer fans are the most faireather fans ever. Someone has a bad season and they immediately start talking ****. Someone has two bad seasons, and he is a shadow of his former self. Dinho's been unhappy for some time, personal/family issues and what not, and has spent lots of time partying on the wrong nights and being generally unprofessional. It's not surprising that it affected his soccer career and athletic performance. He has been eager to get the **** out of Barça, and was fortunate enough to end up where he's wanted to go for a long time. If his life comes back into balance, and he regains his joy for the game, which I am certain is going to happen, he will rise again.

Of course Milan has other problems that are not offensive in nature, that are probably more important, but a badass offensive combo never hurts.

Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
1959 - 07-17-2008, 22:27
Quote:
i will literally paypal anyone $400 if they can figure out drg0n god's address

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
1960 - 07-17-2008, 22:31
Quote:

messi and kaka are two completely different types of players

also kaka and dinho both speak portuguese and have played plenty of times together in the national team

and if you are forgetting barca did win champs league w/ messi + dinho

Page 98 of 104

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2007-2008 Season Thread Part II

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is faggot , free gon , i hate niggers and jews