[Official] NHL free agency

8 years for Campbell? Jesus that's a monster of a contract for a guy who just had his career year.

Fuck sake. That only leaves streit for the flyers. Pwetty please holmgren do something with the 30,000 defenseman we currently have sitting here. He has got to have a trade up his sleeve or something. I mean this is getting crazy

HUGE SIGNING FOR TAMPA!!!

7:45PM Tampa Bay Lightning sign UFA forward David Koci to a one-year, two-way contract worth $525,000 in the NHL, $100,000 in the minors

Hence the reason i believe i big trade is going to come along. We have some serious roster problems at the moment. After talking it over with some flyer peoples we come to the conclusion that knuble is off on a trade to free up 3 million in cap, we will then bundle these 30,000 D and knuble for a top 4 Defenseman

and lol ^

and losing bernier wasnt so bad when acquiring campbell

there was no room for him in the top 6 and i think he kind of plateaud development wise

im more bitter about giving up the first

I do not think 6 years is too much for redden.
6M on the other hand seems out of whack.

Overall pretty exciting day. Hopefully things workout for the hawks. They have a long history of overpaying players and then having them peform at career lows for a few years.

As far as the flyers go their top 2 is set. They clearly could have used some depth on second d line but there was not a lot out there this year. If Gagne plays and Giroux makes the jump the flyers will probably be unloading someone like knuble or hartnell and can try to pick up some D-depth during the season.

Last edited:
Redden for the Sens at 6.5 for 2 years was a nightmare, I can't imagine what 6 years is going to be like.

The guy is banking on a large deal while he still can. He was at best a 2nd line Defenseman for the Senators on the way out. He's lost his toughness with his age, and for all his Veteran experience he still makes bad decisions with the puck. His point totals have been propped up by the top line on the PP as well from picking up secondary assists.

I should also mention that he has some abdominal problems and wears a girdle to prevent injury. If it was for a shorter term, it wouldn't be so bad but on the hook for 6 years? I predict a buyout before the contract is over. His actual value, I'd have to estimate it at 3.5 million.

8:06PM New York Islanders sign defenceman Mark Streit to a five-year contract worth $20.5 million

Looks like Philly isn't getting him.

Yeah Reddens offensive output is really not as good as his reputation indicates. Most of it is PP pts.

I think things just worked out for him where campbell started a huge run on D-men and Redden was just in the right spot. As a Flyers fan I am glad we did not sign him. 5 years ago he is the type of player we would of wound up with if the guy we wanted got snagged. I am happy to have a non moron GM now.

And about Streit I doubt anyone else offered that much. He is in the same boat where he is not really offensive enough to get by on those skills and he is not good enough defensively to be a solid #1. In the end he played a minus on a team that was +50 and over 4M a year is really probably more than he could have hoped for.

He is exactly they type of bad signing the Islanders have made consistently for the last dozen years.

Last edited:
Back