Post your rigs, TW!!

tweaks his own, I guess

The 410 is definitely heavy, but it's not terribly bad. I learned a long time ago that if you're going to use heavy gear, a cart or casters are necessary.

Forgot I inherited a Fast Track Pro and this from work:

zoomed_cxf16mkii_1012_44f.jpg

Mackie CFX16MKII

I finally bought a Gibson LP Traditional Pro:

lptradpro.jpg

Love the 50's neck, and the pickups can be split with the push-pull volume knobs to get single coil sounds. Very versatile guitar, great quality, amazing tone. Should have bought one years ago!

Last edited:
Holy shit that is gorgeous. That wood is...amazing. Do those have the traditional rosewood fretboards or the new baked maple boards?

That just carries so much more class than a PRS or any of the other higher-end junk being produced these days. It's a professional instrument for someone who really cares about the quality of the instrument they're playing.

Do the frets have the nubs on the binding?

No nibs, the frets go to the end of the fretboard and are covered with the binding.

Edit:
Now you have me second-guessing, though. I'll have to check when I get home!

Edit 2:
Sadly, yes, it has nibs on the binding. I think that's how all Gibsons are when stock? When I re-fret, those nibs are gone, but that won't be for a while.

Last edited:
Nope, all the newer Gibbys have full-width frets. That particular model is true to the 1950s model, though.

I learned all about Gibson nibs when I refretted. It's pretty common to have them removed and replaced with full-width frets when you get it refretted.

It doesn't affect the playability much, IMHO. It's only a consideration on the high E string when doing extra-wide vibrato towards the midpoint of the string.

I know, right! I got to play 'em at NAMM (my good friend is actually the artist relations manager at Martin guitars ... he's thanked in John Mayer's first album, hehehe) so I get to go every year. I made sure I got to Monoprice to check out their pro audio gear. Cool stuff!

HedtQ5D.jpg

That's the only photo I have of my rig, it is pretty simply. Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace, and a 2000 Les Paul Classic, heritage cherry sunburst.

I need to plek that les paul badly, but I haven't been able to couch up the 300 bones yet. I've considered upgrading the pickups too but on the fence about that.

edit:
StilettoAceCombo-Main.gif

This isn't mine but it is the exact same year/model/color/same case:
2048_2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice stuff, soggy. Love that amp, it's still on my wishlist.

Mine is effed up right now. For some reason one of the tubes blew and when I removed it, the little port that the tube plugs into has a black spot like two of the pins arced. I'm not sure what the hell happened but now even after replacing both tubes, only one tube glows when I turn it on. :( I don't have the cash to get it repaired right now but hopefully next month I can get it taken care of.

I recently donated my Ibanez bass and a Peavy amp along with some accessories to the high school where I am a school resource officer. They already have a girl who is pretty good and plan to use it in the marching band (I was hoping they'd start a jazz band).

Still have my Yamaha fretless that I refinished the fingerboard (clear epoxy) because it's fun as hell to play. BTW still not a scratch on the epoxy! I still need to replace the nut on it.

Back