Reload this Page junk-free windows laptops
Page 1 of 4
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 07-22-2021, 18:33
where 2buy?

MS used to do the signature edition thing, seems thats over........ any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
2 - 07-22-2021, 18:35
Yeah. Get vaccinated.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
3 - 07-22-2021, 18:36
I usually use half and half but milk works in a bind.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
4 - 07-22-2021, 18:37
Oh sorry I thought this was tea time thread. Bye.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 07-22-2021, 18:37
i never go half half

at home its always milk, out its always a splash of CREAM

cael
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 07-22-2021, 18:39
dude

ur gettin a dell

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 07-22-2021, 18:39
What's your budget?

I'm not sure they exist anymore unless you're willing to spend $$$ money on a "boutique" laptop.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
8 - 07-22-2021, 18:40
I make sausage gravy with 2%. It's slightly less guilt free.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 07-22-2021, 18:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
What's your budget?

I'm not sure they exist anymore unless you're willing to spend $$$ money on a "boutique" laptop.
its for my father in law, i guess i gotta find out his budget but he'll follow my advice regardless

but are you basically telling me that all reasonably priced windows computers are gonna be loaded with adware garbage by default???

clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 07-22-2021, 18:43
my next labtop will have wake-on lan i guarantee it

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 07-22-2021, 18:43
wake-on button-smash

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 07-22-2021, 18:58
21 Windows 10 Privacy Settings to Change: Reclaim Your Privacy
OO ShutUp10
Quote:
O&O ShutUp10:Free antispy tool for Windows 10
Version 1.8.1423, File size 1309KB.
Released on: 07/01/2021
O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated.

O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed ***8211; it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!

More control over your operating system
Adapt your security settings
Protect your privacy
Control location services
Do not pass on your user data and diagnostics
Further information
Portable Version ***8211; no installation required
Free of charge for private users,
companies and educational institutions
Operating System: Supports all Microsoft® Windows 10
versions up to 21H1
Available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish,
Russian and Chinese (simplified)
Windows 10 wants to give users the easiest possible daily experience and in doing so very rarely forces you to actually read and confirm a security notice. Unfortunately, this simplified approach from Microsoft means much more data is passed onto them than many users would like.

Microsoft uses most data to display personalized information to you that is aimed at making your computer life easier. As an example, Windows 10 can remind you to set off to the airport 30 minutes earlier due to traffic en route. In order to deliver this information to you, however, Windows 10 has to access your calendar entries, your mails (i.e. the airline confirmation email), your location and it has to have access to the internet to get traffic news.

Previous
Next
Some services protocol your entire keyboard entries, share your WLAN access data with your facebook contacts or connect your computer without asking permission to a public ***8211; and potentially unprotected ***8211; network. While this means that you and your contacts do not have to grapple with complicated WLAN passwords, it also poses a significant security risk.

Decide for yourself how important your ***8220;comfort***8221; is when weighed up with your privacy and how to protect it. O&O ShutUp10 presents you with all important settings in one location ***8211; you need no previous IT knowledge and there is no need to manually change the Windows 10 system settings.

O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed ***8211; it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!

O&O ShutUp10:Free antispy tool for Windows 10
Version 1.8.1423, File size 1309KB.
Released on: 07/01/2021
O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated.

More control over your operating system
Adapt your security settings
Protect your privacy
Control location services
Do not pass on your user data and diagnostics
Further information
Portable Version ***8211; no installation required
Free of charge for private users,
companies and educational institutions
Operating System: Supports all Microsoft® Windows 10
versions up to 21H1
Available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish,
Russian and Chinese (simplified)
Windows 10 wants to give users the easiest possible daily experience and in doing so very rarely forces you to actually read and confirm a security notice. Unfortunately, this simplified approach from Microsoft means much more data is passed onto them than many users would like.

Microsoft uses most data to display personalized information to you that is aimed at making your computer life easier. As an example, Windows 10 can remind you to set off to the airport 30 minutes earlier due to traffic en route. In order to deliver this information to you, however, Windows 10 has to access your calendar entries, your mails (i.e. the airline confirmation email), your location and it has to have access to the internet to get traffic news.

Previous
Next
Some services protocol your entire keyboard entries, share your WLAN access data with your facebook contacts or connect your computer without asking permission to a public ***8211; and potentially unprotected ***8211; network. While this means that you and your contacts do not have to grapple with complicated WLAN passwords, it also poses a significant security risk.

Decide for yourself how important your ***8220;comfort***8221; is when weighed up with your privacy and how to protect it. O&O ShutUp10 presents you with all important settings in one location ***8211; you need no previous IT knowledge and there is no need to manually change the Windows 10 system settings.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 07-22-2021, 19:28
Just buy the laptop with the specs you want and then re-install windows yourself with the version you want.

jesus christ.

Also, download DoNotSpy10 to turn off all the M$ 'features'.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 07-22-2021, 19:35
quite a few of them down here. Basic business laptops, nothing special. I think most are Lenovos

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 07-22-2021, 19:39
u should b nuking the windows install and putting an ez4noobs linux like elementaryos on it

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 07-22-2021, 19:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edofnor View Post
u should b nuking the windows install and putting an ez4noobs linux like elementaryos on it
the old dude is stubborn and wont take my advice about buying a macbook, so i need the next best suggestion which involves me never having to help him troubleshoot issues.............. so not linux

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 07-22-2021, 19:45
but it's ez4noobs!

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 07-22-2021, 19:48
I read that if you change default privacy settings in Win10, some updates have changed them back there.

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
19 - 07-22-2021, 19:54
remove bloatware
put EDR on it - especially for boomers who click everything

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 07-22-2021, 19:56
i was hoping to not have to touch this laptop myself at all....

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page junk-free windows laptops

Social Website Bullshit