[Blog][Pics]Your cars, show them to me by JustinCase - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Blog][Pics]Your cars, show them to me
Page 4 of 19
CERVICAL-KREMS
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 06-09-2009, 16:23
I always liked the 300 tt...pretty badass car.

Are the turbos oil cooled only? How did you **** them up?

The rear wheels turn slightly while cornering too, right?

Sponsored Links
evilbadz
VeteranX
Old
62 - 06-09-2009, 16:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrummingfish View Post
My project car - Nissan 300zx TT
Recently removed the engine and removed the headers to get them planed (DS cylinder bank has ****ty compression, neither is great). Going to be getting it up on an engine lift to remove the oil pan and pull the pistons/rods. Then to put it all back together. Already pulled the engine out once and replaced the turbos. Hoping I don't have to replace any valves or bearings.
Ugh, my buddy has one of those cars. It's quick but goddamn worst ****ing engineering I have ever seen in my life for maintenance and the price you guys will pay for parts is insane.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
63 - 06-09-2009, 16:26
My car looked so shiny 5 years ago

Garion
VeteranX
Old
64 - 06-09-2009, 16:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
The new TL is miles ahead of the old one... you'll get used to the looks.

I wouldn't give a dime for an '08 Type S... you could probably pick up a regular slightly used '09 TL for the same price in the near future. That or an 09 Maxima, sweet car too.
Can you explain why the new TL is so much better? I'm not fond of the looks, plus I'm pretty set against getting a first model year and I'm not sure I can wait long enough for a used '10.

thedrummingfish
VeteranXV
Old
65 - 06-09-2009, 16:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by CERVICAL-KREMS View Post
I always liked the 300 tt...pretty badass car.

Are the turbos oil cooled only? How did you **** them up?

The rear wheels turn slightly while cornering too, right?
Yeah, they are oil cooled only. I didn't **** them up. I bought it for really cheap knowing I'd have to do work on it. It is a pain in the ass, but I enjoy it. I'm pretty sure the tool that owned it before me tried to race it without knowing how to race and ****ed up the whole drivers side of the engine somehow. Blown turbo and bad compression on every cylinder on the drivers side. He was a ****ing tool.

Not all of them have the 4 wheel steering, this one does. Has a giant leak in the power steering system so I'm going to have to work on that as well. The body, interior, transmission, and block are all solid though and the 300zx is getting to be hard to find. Plus, its not costing me anything to keep it other than parts, which aren't too bad as long as you don't have to pay for labor.

I was originally going to have somebody do the work for me, but i actually got turned down by about 6 garages before I found one that would even give me an estimate. As soon as the words "Nissan 300zx" came out of my mouth they'd hang up the phone/give me the name of a different garage who might possibly have taken the job.

Last edited by thedrummingfish; 06-09-2009 at 16:42..
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
66 - 06-09-2009, 16:42
They stepped up the interior quality and styling big time... can I hotlink this?

http://cdn-www.rsportscars.com/image...e-interior.jpg

CERVICAL-KREMS
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 06-09-2009, 16:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrummingfish View Post
Yeah, they are oil cooled only. I didn't **** them up. I bought it for really cheap knowing I'd have to do work on it. It is a pain in the ass, but I enjoy it. I'm pretty sure the tool that owned it before me tried to race it without knowing how to race and ****ed up the whole drivers side of the engine somehow. Blown turbo and bad compression on every cylinder on the drivers side. He was a ****ing tool.

Not all of them have the 4 wheel steering, this one does. Has a giant leak in the power steering system so I'm going to have to work on that as well. The body, interior, transmission, and block are all solid though and the 300zx is getting to be hard to find. Plus, its not costing me anything to keep it other than parts, which aren't too bad as long as you don't have to pay for labor.
Well good luck man, that sounds like a fun project. Are the transmissions pretty solid on those?

Maybe it got starved of oil somehow? They probably make some sort of oil pan baffling if those cars are prone to it. Either way, nice car man, me likey.

I drove a co-worker's new 2000 v6 mustang today. I've never felt a clutch that engages so ****ing high. There's about a foot and a half of travel before a 1.5 inch catch area, wtf is that? There shifter was a sloppy piece of ****, it felt like it had 4 different spots for neutral. Also, he bought it without opening the hood because he didn't know there was no hood latch

iNVAR
Computer Monkey
Old
68 - 06-09-2009, 16:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
They stepped up the interior quality and styling big time... can I hotlink this?
but the rear is soooooooooooooooooooooo ugly

bam
VeteranXV
Old
69 - 06-09-2009, 17:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayz View Post
This will be my next car. Alpine White, carbon roof, 2 door, red interior, and rolling on gold wheels.

iNVAR
Computer Monkey
Old
70 - 06-09-2009, 17:31
gold wheels? noooo don't dooooo it

bam
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 06-09-2009, 17:32
Black wheels are so boring now.

iNVAR
Computer Monkey
Old
72 - 06-09-2009, 17:34
bleh. i never felt that gold wheels looked nice on anything. at best, they look okay...

HomeSlice
VeteranX
Old
73 - 06-09-2009, 17:35

Edit: It needs work now... going to the dealer tomorrow.

iNVAR
Computer Monkey
Old
74 - 06-09-2009, 17:39
anyway, here's my car. not the best day for a picture, plus the car was dirty as hell when i took this shot. (that's the best part about silver cars. even when they're dirty, they still look pretty good)

Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
75 - 06-09-2009, 17:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garion View Post
For those with an Acura TL, how do you like it?

I test drove one a month or so ago and I liked it overall, except the steering was too 'floaty' for me.

Thinking about buying a 2008 TL type S when they start showing up on the used market (still a little early). It's really too bad they ruined the TL in the new model years.
I ****ing love mine, though I know what you mean about the steering.

kMz.
VeteranX
Old
76 - 06-09-2009, 18:01
dont do it bam! black is best

Fyre Knight
VeteranX
Old
77 - 06-09-2009, 18:13
Adding to the Subaru crowd. Took this on the ferry while driving up the Outer Banks, NC.

The-ill-man
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
78 - 06-09-2009, 18:23
no SUVs for anyone?

Handy in winter and taking 7 people to strip club

Fyre Knight
VeteranX
Old
79 - 06-09-2009, 18:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSlice View Post

Edit: It needs work now... going to the dealer tomorrow.
How well do you like the RX8? Have you had many problems with the car (I've heard they're prone to mechanical problems)?

MaxxCarnage
VeteranXX
Old
80 - 06-09-2009, 19:14

I don't have a pic of my daily.

Page 4 of 19

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Blog][Pics]Your cars, show them to me

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , the fucking car thread