Reload this Page LOLbama - Obama changes tune on Iraq
Page 1 of 9
Zombie
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 07-03-2008, 17:17
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11517.html

Quote:
Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) promised primary voters a swift withdrawal from Iraq, in clear language still on his website: “Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months.”

Not anymore. Heading into the holiday weekend, Obama and his advisers repudiated that pledge, saying he is reevaluating his plan and will incorporate advice from commanders on the ground when he visits Iraq later this month.

A top Obama adviser said he is not “wedded” to a specific timeline, and Obama said Thursday he plans to “refine” his plan.

“I am going to do a thorough assessment when I'm there," he told reporters in Fargo, N.D., according to CBS News. "When I go to Iraq and I have a chance to talk to some of the commanders on the ground, I'm sure I'll have more information and will continue to refine my policies."

But he went on to maintain: “I have been consistent, throughout this process, that I believe the war in Iraq was a mistake.”

David Axelrod, Obama’s chief strategist, went even further during remarks Wednesday on CNN’s “Situation Room,” telling guest host John Roberts that Obama has actually advocated “a phased withdrawal, with benchmarks for the Iraqi government to meet, that called for strategic pauses, based on the progress on these benchmarks, and advice on the commanders on the ground.”

“He's always said that he would listen to the advice of commanders on the ground that that would factor into his thinking,” Axelrod said. “He's also always said that we had to be as careful getting out of Iraq as we were careless getting in. So he's been very consistent on this point. ...

“I think he will take the advice, not just the advice of the commanders on the ground but his general assessment of conditions on the ground, in calibrating that withdrawal. He said he thought we could get one to two brigades out a month. But he's not wedded to that in the face of events. No president would be. And he's always said that he's never said that this withdrawal would be without any possibility of alteration based on events on the ground. That would not be a prudent thing to do for any president.”
So much for the anti-war candidate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yCeef-G91w

Sponsored Links
MaDAssassin
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 07-03-2008, 17:19
**** happens, sometimes you get information on a subject after a claim and it only makes sense to change whatever you said.

Both candidates say what they want....is this surprising?

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
3 - 07-03-2008, 17:19
You mean just like the Democrats campaigned on, then rescinded as well?

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
4 - 07-03-2008, 17:20
The quick withdrawal was one of the things I didn't like about Obama. Phased approach with benchmarks and milestones is exactly how it should be done (kinda like it is now).

Cool.

Ascoe
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 07-03-2008, 17:20
better than 100 years

this election is shaping up to be more of a joke than 2000

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 07-03-2008, 17:21
Not a Obama supporter but this post is a lame attempt at destroying his credibility.

Ever consider he is Anti-War but he now understands that a irrational emotion driven withdraw from Iraq would cause 10x more harm then good?

He didn't start it, but if he wins the Presidency he has to clean it up.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
7 - 07-03-2008, 17:23
He had to get to the left, and now he has to get to the middle. This is him slip sliding to the middle.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
8 - 07-03-2008, 17:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yCeef-G91w
So when he says we can withdrawal 3 a month, you'll eat **** and die, right?

GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 07-03-2008, 17:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post

Quote:
“I think he will take the advice, not just the advice of the commanders on the ground but his general assessment of conditions on the ground, in calibrating that withdrawal. He said he thought we could get one to two brigades out a month. But he's not wedded to that in the face of events. No president would be. And he's always said that he's never said that this withdrawal would be without any possibility of alteration based on events on the ground. That would not be a prudent thing to do for any president.”
I take it you didn't read the whole thing and/or comprehended what you read.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 07-03-2008, 17:28
id rather have someone who admits mistakes and is capable of improvement than someone who "stays the course" (no matter how wrong they are)

Reno
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 07-03-2008, 17:31
This isn't so much an issue about flip-flopping, more about rushing headfirst into something without taking into account all the various factors.

Ianboo
Veteran4
Old
12 - 07-03-2008, 17:34
So, he's saying the same thing he's said all along, big ****ing deal.

perro
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 07-03-2008, 17:35
there was a bull**** story like this just the other day from some right wing AP writer talking about how obama had flip flopped on some ****. I read the whole article and no where in it did she really talk about a flip flop. she basically just rambled on and made great leaps of logic to assume certain things about what obama had said. i watched actual footage and the **** was almost all out of context. basically the whole piece hinged on a dramatic headline and a lazy populace who probably would read the first paragraph at most and make up their minds. its all pretty pathetic propaganda.

Timmain
VeteranX
Old
14 - 07-03-2008, 17:36
Haha, politicians changing their tunes... how silly is that? I've never heard a politico flip-flop before!

Lockup
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 07-03-2008, 17:37
Anybody with a half a brain knew has was not going to do the fast withdrawl. All of you defending him bought into his bull**** and are now backpedaling.

perro
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 07-03-2008, 17:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralHell View Post
I take it you didn't read the whole thing and/or comprehended what you read.
he read it. he just understood it how he wanted to, made an inflammatory thread, and hoped we wouldn't...

claudius
VeteranX
Old
17 - 07-03-2008, 17:39

Oddiz
Veteran++
Old
18 - 07-03-2008, 17:40
Yes, taking advice from commanders on the ground and using that advice to make a new withdraw plan is ****ing retarded. Leave military planning to the politicians. They know best.

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 07-03-2008, 17:40
youtubes killed that video, what was it about?

Bounty
Love
Old
20 - 07-03-2008, 17:47
If you seriously use the term "flip-flop" to describe someone changing their mind or reevaluating the facts, you have no place in either politics or discussions about politics.

Page 1 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page LOLbama - Obama changes tune on Iraq

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is faggot , fagmotron , free gon , illiterate republicans , not right now you don't , obama lies , partisan hackery , republicans like boys , tw coverup