Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [official]I Am Ozzy book review
Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 05-16-2010, 00:04
Don't know how many folks are interested, but **** it.

Ozzy's semi-autobiography "I Am Ozzy" is actually a very entertaining read. You'd expect a non-coherent rambling mess, but it's quite well done. At some passages I was literally laughing my ass off, tears streaming, the whole bit. It's also very open and honest, with the exception of a couple areas that I'll get to in a sec.

I'm not so much an Ozzy fan as I am a Randy Rhoads fan. Randy was one of my biggest influences playing guitar, and it was devastating when he died. Ozzy has never really spoken very much about what happened the day of the plane crash, and it was nice to finally hear at least his version of events. The book also doesn't dwell on the time Randy was in the band either, which I guess is understandable, since Ozzy to this day still doesn't really like thinking about it.

Ozzy did avoid completely the entire Iron Maiden feud, not mentioning the band even once in his book. I don't know if he did it for legal reasons, or if he didn't want to paint his wife Sh.aron in a bad light. Speaking of Sharon, I've never liked her, and after reading the book I can't say I've gotten any more sympatheic towards her. On one hand she's married to a guy that spent the last 40 years completely wasted out of his mind on booze and drugs and has even beat her a couple of times, but on the other hand she's a greedy, scheming, evil *****. Not that Ozzy would say that, he's pretty much googoo eyed gushing in love with her, which means he's apparently overlooking some major character flaws. Other than that, Ozzy pretty much pulls no punches in discussing his relationships with other band members, and other bands Like Yes, Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Emerson lake and Palmer, etc.

But all in all, it's a great book if you've grown up digging Black Sabbath/Ozzy and the rest of the metal scene from the 70s/80s. Two bongs way way up.

Sponsored Links
Sircle
The Man ShowX
Contributor
Old
2 - 05-16-2010, 03:20

Faze
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 05-16-2010, 03:23
cool, enjoyed your review.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 05-16-2010, 03:27

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
5 - 05-16-2010, 03:48

Bezel
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 05-16-2010, 05:52

bam
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 05-16-2010, 12:34
Ozzy thought Spinal Tap was a real band/movie because the **** that happened to them is **** that happened to him.

Dead Ben
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 05-16-2010, 12:37
Explain maiden feud.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 05-16-2010, 12:41
I've always liked Sharon.

Did he really write the book? I'm not into rock, but I enjoy hearing about the lives rockstars lead.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 05-16-2010, 12:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
I've always liked Sharon.

Did he really write the book? I'm not into rock, but I enjoy hearing about the lives rockstars lead.
I'm sure the book was ghost written, but as long as it is his stories that isn't a big deal.

Yetskii
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 05-16-2010, 13:09
Did he talk about the bat incident?

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 05-16-2010, 13:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Ben View Post
Explain maiden feud.
Iron Maiden was part of the ozzfest tour back in 2005. You can google it if you want, but there was a lot of **** talked on both sides.

And yes, Ozzy talks about the bat incident - and the dove incident too.

SuicideSnowman
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 05-16-2010, 13:22

-]DoW[-RedDeath
VeteranXV
Old
14 - 05-16-2010, 13:29
i've always thought randy rhodes looks a lot like dana carvey.

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 05-16-2010, 13:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
That book wasn't "written" by Ozzy. While "I am Ozzy" wasn't actually "written" by Ozzy either, it's transcriptions from discussions with Ozzy. Literally letting a tape recorder just churn on while Ozzy talked about stuff. The author then organized it and made it coherent for a book.

The diary of a madman book is mostly just a picture book and a dissection of the songs and the writing process, which is funny because Ozzy almost never wrote anything.

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
16 - 05-16-2010, 14:07
wat Ozzy wrote stuff!

PlaT_RaT
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 05-17-2010, 02:27
I got it the day it came out and i loved it... i rolled when he went to look to buy a house after he took a colon cleanser... I couldn't put it down, although I'ma huge Zakk Wylde fan he didn't talk much about him at all! hmm; It is a great book though

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
18 - 05-17-2010, 02:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam View Post
Ozzy thought Spinal Tap was a real band/movie because the **** that happened to them is **** that happened to him.
Well, one of the best aspects of the movie was how halfway believable they made it.

And technically they were a real band for a while after the movie came out.

Le Sean
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 05-17-2010, 02:34
nice thread

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [official]I Am Ozzy book review

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
odio is a fucking faggot , odio is a fucking retard