anyone into racing games / sims?

The mounting surface is recessed and the bottom 2 holes are lower than the top 2. I'll need standoffs to make it fit properly. I'll jig something up. Are they not m6 tho? I'll take the screw to Depot and test it there anyway to be sure

got a whole bunch of monitor arms here recently and they all came with both types of VESA screws ;o

so I know this is the racing thread, but here is some flight sim CONTENT :roller: Ultrawings 2 came out on PSVR2 on Friday (Quest port, shit graphics)

it's missing a lot of things that I want as far as air combat goes, but once I got my new HOTAS dialed in (had to lock out the twist function) I've been absolutely destroying lobbies

That looks pretty fun. Im kinda liking this trend back towards simplistic graphics in games.

I prefer the trend of simple games getting advanced graphics.
6e6b862b59c564b2d7fef7d003e9f66e8140ec4c3bb9dfb3e1d631d4a78705a0.jpg

1a42659ac79ce88802cd1f90d74e73312f9486a80124b0d785e518f1c39ddcd0.jpg

04cbd6575a2c77b66c1ec8e5c27536a25f5cd7de4e5f8158cdff343008bad5e4.jpg

I'm a 'gameplay above all' guy, but with the PSVR2 specifically it is a bit of a shame that (due to the way the market is), there aren't enough games made specifically for that hardware...lots of cross-platform ports that cater to the less powerful Oculus headsets

playing something like RE4 Remake VR is next gen af and the future is pretty exciting if you're into VR stuff

What's a good PC Headset to dip my toes? I hear the Reverb G2(or whatever) has really good clarity

I've only tried one headset and it was a while ago, screen door effect was nasty.

Reverb G2 is talked about really positively for simracing because of the clarity and FOV, could definitely be a good option. The downside I've heard is that the tracking/controllers or something aren't the best, so it's great for a simrig but maybe less so if you want to check out some other VR games

Quest 2 is probably the simplest way to go, they will be cheap af since the 3 is out now, and there is a wide library of games and lots of people will have been through the setup for whatever sim you want to try...probably means signing up with Meta though. Lots of TWers are already on there, you could join the minigolf sessions :) Scoobysnack crushed us last weekend

it sounds like the best PC headsets for racing are made by PIMAX, but they probably cost a bomb

gg

since you're in a basement you could think about bass shaker speakers for your pedals and seat...

that can be a way to get a bit more feel for the car translated to you, because a wheel can only do so much

I got a logitech k400 recently, smallish wireless keyboard with a little trackpad on it

great to just sit under the rig seat for when you need it

I got a logitech k400 recently, smallish wireless keyboard with a little trackpad on it

great to just sit under the rig seat for when you need it

I was just thinking about that. AC is junk you can't navigate stuff with the joystick on the wheel. Super gay. Good tip, gonna order one now.

Proton Drive

Proton Drive

You all have seen my control room of my studio. I don't really have room for a sim so I have wheel locks for my herman miller embody chair and I drilled holes under my mouse pad to mount my wheel. It take a few minutes to setup but then it works great for racing I just pull in the side monitors (now all 3 4k 27" LG 1ms)

Sweet setup overall. I couldn't pimp my desk how I wanted it while it was in one of our main rooms. Now that it's in the basement I might go full hog.

Yeah a really good one: shut up, that's why!

This thing is hella fun. Nurburgring lapping in AC is nice, I can see getting into online racing being super exciting.

Back