cashier's check

When I worked for Citibank we would just deposit the check back into the acct it was drawn off it, stamped it "Not used for purpose intended" and have you sign it. We just wouldn't refund the fees back that you originally paid for the check.

i did this last week. Didnt need the cashiers check after all. went to the bank and it was immediately refunded into my account.

she said I was smart not to tear it or write void all over it. So dont do that...

what kinda car?

09 wrangler. black, hardtop, similar to this.

8865497-4.jpg

Didn't like the JK models at first, but once I started test driving them, I changed my tune pretty fast. They're definitely better than the tjs.

got a really good deal, way under book, about 9K under a 2010 model. As long as everything seems kosher tomorrow, I'm pretty much locked into it.

a few high school friends of mine were cruising around one night and they ended up stealing a jeep like that. the owner left their keys in it, and my friends were breaking into cars. it would lay down a scratch from 3rd. they have a v8, right? this was around 15 years ago, so it woulda been a 94

i suppose you won't wanna leave your keys in it.

if you had a credit union you'd have a local branch

shared branching -- use any credit union's atm for free, use your account at any credit union. it's a great system.

who do you bank with...

I know for wells fargo there no charge for returning the check...
all you do is tell them you didn't use it and they'll have you sign the back saying" Not used for intended purpose" and deposit it back into the acct the cashiers check was created from

Yes. All banks are different in how you do it though.

Since you're on it as the remitter, you most likely can write "not used for purpose intended" on the back, sign it, and deposit it back into your account or use it as a backer for another check.

this is pretty much verbatim what the bank said when I called today.

Thx.

I'm guessing you pussed out on buying a car

nope. got it today. very happy with it.

so, yes, returning the check wasn't needed in the end, but it would've been pretty stupid for me not to make sure that option was open when dealing with 20k to potentially lose.

Back