How hard do you think it is

Say someone started a wow account today.

No MMO experience prior.

Hard time? Get frustrated by not getting to level 10 in 3 weeks?

I mean fuck, my first mmo was DAOC and I still don't get alot of this shit.

Um I think it's easy to be out of the starting zone and be past lvl 10 in a few hours.

Try another class, race or faction.

I suggest Horde, something undead.

Say someone started a wow account today.

No MMO experience prior.

Hard time? Get frustrated by not getting to level 10 in 3 weeks?

I mean fuck, my first mmo was DAOC and I still don't get alot of this shit.

There are different issues.

It's easy as fuck to level in wow and more fun than other MMOs off the bat, which is why WoW has 9 million friggin players.

However, that doesnt mean a new player isnt going to be frustrated. They may be more frustrated than us at the start, cuz they feel behind and maybe they are in it to play with friends who all have 70s. It might be easy, but that could still be daunting if you havent even played mmos before.

im wondering if it just seems easy because im used to mmos in general or if it actually is easy to the casual gamer.
Judging by the massive, MASSIVE number of people that hit 70 without knowing how to play their character, yes, it's easy for the casual gamer.

WoW is a game that people that have never played a video game before can get into, I know somebody that didn't use a computer until a year ago when she started playing WoW. She has several level 70 characters at this point.

This game is easy, it holds your hand every step of the way while slowly introducing more abilities. Things change a lot when you hit 70, which is why everyone talks about people that hit 70 and don't know how to play their class. 1-70 is learning the basics of your class abilites, at 70 you need to start working with other people.

wow was my first mmo, but I had about 15 ppl I level'd with on my first toon.

All the characters i re-rolled I knew it was going to be a grind going in and skipping most of the content.

As long as your buddy sees the big picture it should be fine. Also, have him group up instances quests and just run him through. I found that kept my friends focused on getting to 70 when they re-rolled on my Horde server. It was tough to leave 70 allys behind, but they are a lot happier now.

I basically gave them each 25g(not too much so they didn't buy stupid blues) made them all good bags, and then gave each a nice outland 62-65ish blue item to look forward to equiping. I also ran them through Sfk, SM, etc.. to get them lvl'd faster and seem as though they weren't being ignored.

Last edited:
Most of the time, I don't help people level. The 5 man shit before outlands is easy as crap, and even the 5 man PUG shit up to 70 is easy as crap.

I don't mind helping someone farm mats or shit for the items they want, or making them with mats I already have. But damn, if you need help leveling in WoW, you're dumb.

If you're taking your time leveling because you're reading quests and stuff like that, first time through, it's understandable. Not everyone plays to power level and the quests, first time around, is rather entertaining.

WoW was my first real mmo, and possibly my last since I've been spoiled silly by it. I've tried DaoC, CoH/V, Eve, AO AFTER seeing how easy WoW is and it's just impossibly annoying to get into those others.

I mean, unless someone comes up with an equally simple mmo that's free then I don't see myself every picking up another mmo.

WoW is far and away the most simplistic MMO I've ever played. The fact that it has 9 million+ subscribers and has entered the mainstream is a testament to how intuitive it is. I'd say that at least 2/3 of the North American playerbase had never played an MMO before WoW.

This was my first MMO and I can honestly say at level 1 I spent probably an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't loot any of the sparkling mobs around me on my original tauren hunter. I was guilded with alot of TW/Tribes/Quake kids but I started playing 2 weeks after buying the game as it came out when I was moving into the house we'd just bought. By the time I started playing I was level 1 and the rest of the guild were in their 20s and 30s (aestis I think was in his 40s then, one of only 3-4 on the server above 40 at that point). Because of this I was more or less on my own.

It took me almost 18 days /played to hit 60 on that first hunter. I was new to everything in the game, clicked everything, etc... When I rolled my priest I knew all the basic shit and was starting to understand the game more and it only took just under 9 days to 60 including leveling enchanting to nearly 300 before 60 which was a waste of a shitton of time that could've been spent questing or grinding. That hunter has only 4 days /played at level 60 to this day since I hated playing it and rolled up my priest but the second time through definitely opened my eyes to alot of things I didn't understand on my first character. Now after 3 years I think it'd only take a couple hours to get the basics down on any class, the game is just that easy once you understand what's going on around you and what your character is capable of doing.

Judging by the massive, MASSIVE number of people that hit 70 without knowing how to play their character, yes, it's easy for the casual gamer.

You'd be very surprised, got an e-friend who started playing some months ago. She's at lvl 40 now (shadowpriest) and she literally can't kill any mobs higher than 35. I wish I was kidding but I'm not, I stood there and watch her completely suck her way to death. Never fort buffs, never heals unless yelled at, never uses psychic scream or SW:p, and she only uses Vampiric after I told her every day for a flat 2 weeks.

Another e-friend and I (we all used to level together) are at the ends of our respective ropes. In the time it took her to get to 40 I levelled I think 2 or 3 toons to 40, and since the other friend is effectively babysitting her she can barely level. We've recently fled to another realm where I have 60+ toons on Alliance side simply so we can play at our own pace without having to worry about babysitting.

Yea, I too have a friend who had played since the end of beta who has yet to reach 60. He quit not too long ago cause he just couldn't get it. I swear he must have spent the better part of a year going from 50-53 saying "It's just too damn hard!"

His main is now 54, I think. And he has several sub 10 characters that he "just can't get into because the quests are difficult"

He has the attention span of a fruit fly though so that may have something to do with it...

You'd be very surprised, got an e-friend who started playing some months ago. She's at lvl 40 now (shadowpriest) and she literally can't kill any mobs higher than 35. I wish I was kidding but I'm not, I stood there and watch her completely suck her way to death. Never fort buffs, never heals unless yelled at, never uses psychic scream or SW:p, and she only uses Vampiric after I told her every day for a flat 2 weeks.

Another e-friend and I (we all used to level together) are at the ends of our respective ropes. In the time it took her to get to 40 I levelled I think 2 or 3 toons to 40, and since the other friend is effectively babysitting her she can barely level. We've recently fled to another realm where I have 60+ toons on Alliance side simply so we can play at our own pace without having to worry about babysitting.
So basically, she's inept, probably risks death every time she takes a shower, and she STILL got to level 40+. I rest my case. If you can't level in WoW, kill yourself.

So basically, she's inept, probably risks death every time she takes a shower, and she STILL got to level 40+. I rest my case. If you can't level in WoW, kill yourself.

She never solo'd, ever. She simply tags along with us and does the same quests we do and then we have to bail her out of trouble when she blindly runs for a mineral vein. The only reason she got that far was because we carried her and we're not doing it anymore. If you can't beat lvl 38s as a lvl 40 shadowpriest there's something seriously wrong.

She never solo'd, ever. She simply tags along with us and does the same quests we do and then we have to bail her out of trouble when she blindly runs for a mineral vein. The only reason she got that far was because we carried her and we're not doing it anymore. If you can't beat lvl 38s as a lvl 40 shadowpriest there's something seriously wrong.

you made her dependant. wtg

Back