Help to fix my guild

pinkcadillac

Veteran XV
So my guild has been having alot of issues with the 25 man content. We have no issues with HKM but get our asses handed to us by gruul and can only assume this will get worse as we progress.

So we are bring in new recruits to help class balance and our GM has asked a few of us to help nicely start to "quality control" our existing raiders. More like contructive criticism as opposed to an office space type consultant.

My questions is, does anyone know of addons or other programs that can help me get a better picture of what is happening? I run a dmg and healing chart, and ive been playing long enough to know what gear and specs people should be using. Anyone else have any suggestions for me?

EDIT: Anyone using WWS? Is that the way to go?

Last edited:
WWS is THE way to go pretty much. Wow Web Stats

If you want to progress as a guild, get people who will show up on time, listen to instructions, and dont go emo and gquit after you tell them to wake the fuck up or stop being retarded. Don't be afraid to call someone out if they are fucking up

Good player > gear, remember that

How many growths are you getting before you wipe?
Are people dieing to shatter?
Threat issues?
Low DPS issues?

At about 8-9 growths gruul is normally around 65% and that is when our tank will typically drop. I know our dps is an issue but im not sure whether it is bad gear or bad playing or both. That why i need to review something like WWS to pinpoint the issues, and thus why im asking for help. Once ive identified the problems I will have no problems getting them fixed.

Is WWS difficult to get set up? And does anyone have any suggestions for mods that will increase my combatlog range? Is that even nessesary?

If your tank is going down at 8-9 growths he either completely sucks at itemizing, isn't prot spec, doesn't know how to shield block, doesn't have anywhere near the gear to be tanking Gruul, you have 4 healers, your healers are kind of dumb, or they're not topping the tank off before silences.

Is your tank being one-shot at 8-9 growths? If so, get yourself back into Kara and get him better gear.

If he's dying during silences, get yourself some tree druids. If he's just plain dying, then your healers need to remember that everyone but one healer should be focusing on the MT. That lone other healer can take care of the OT.

and 65% on growth 9 means that you're on course for a 16 growth kill. Your tank will die probably at growth 14 no matter what you do, so you just have to last that last few percent going all out.

Also, get WWS. I had almost the same post as you a few weeks ago, and now we take down Gruul at growth 14 (could do it faster, but we're still weeding out the dumbasses and low dpsers). Also, past growth 10, have a 2nd prot warrior Intervene off the MT during silences. It makes all the difference.

Thanks for all the guesses about what my guilds issues are in gruuls, but that isnt why i posted this. 90% of the people we bring are kara geared or in craftables. Of course there are a few who think thier pvp epics are good enough and some less geared. But changes to gear and specs are the easy part of finding out what is wrong.

Now, do i need a mod to increase my combat log range to be successful with WWS? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I promise that after i get wws working ill post my next gruuls raid log and then you can tell me how bad the dps and healing is.

when i played i was usually raid healer along w/ one other person. it was our responsibility to find out who was fucking shit up, getting ppl killed by being too close on the blow ups (i don't remember names of spells/abilities for gruul), etc.

we had him on farm for a long time, but would often wipe once or twice cause ppl would fuck around and not pay attention simply BECAUSE we had him on farm. when gm's started calling ppl on their fuck ups, or when ppl were faced w/ possibly not getting to raid, they started to shape up.

so just call ppl on their shit and if they don't start changing how they act, do something about it

Sounds like a healer issue, or your tank really sucks balls.

Now, do i need a mod to increase my combat log range to be successful with WWS? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Hmmm.

1. Use SWS Stats for ingame meters. Track dmg, healing and overhealing

2. Use the WWS thing for further analysis

3. On a fight like gruul, do several "dry runs" without consumables. Simply practice making sure nobody dies to shatter. Anybody who dies from rocks falling and shit need to be replaced. Make sure folks turn on Friendly Nameplates.

4. Setup class channels and try to stir people to bond as a class, using those channels for discussing strats, issues, etc. Have no more than 1-2 officers lurking, as a matter of feeling out drama. They shouldnt be big brotherish.

5. "Up" the pressure to perform, but don't make it stressful DURING the raids. A lot of people dont perform well directly under pressure, but it's important that they make sure they learn how to max their performance.

Back