Quest For Glory 3

a lot of old Amiga games are still worthy and have better graphics over the PC DOS counterpart.

Agreed. Amiga had it over PC in graphics and pretty good sound functionality too in the 80's. I had a PC an envied a friend's Amiga for some of it's capabilities.

Loved Quest for Glory 3. My first adventure games were King's Quest 6 and Space Quest 1 VGA which are still two of my favorite games ever.

Hell, the cliff face riddle from KQ6 is forever ingrained in my head, "Four men standing in a row, third from the left and down you go, the rest in order move you on: the youngest, the oldest, and the second son."

Last edited:
i couldn't beat any of the space quest games w/o a walkthrough

it would have taken me 20 years to decide to dive in the water where you swim for like 5 feet so you can get a glowing gem it is impossible to progress w/o

fuck me walking adventure games were hard

qfg4 would crash my pc within 5 minutes of opening back in the day

i played through it later when the anthology came out but 1, 1VGA, 2 and 3 were definitely all better than 4

I still remember when Quest for Glory was Hero's Quest, but they had to change the name because some board game was made called Hero's Quest. It was basically a simpler D&D type dungeon board game.

I liked Quest of Glory 2 though, I may DL 3 and try it again.

First computer game I ever owned was Zork III. Took me 6 months to beat it.

Best Infocom game was Planetfall.

Yes, I am a huge text adventure fan.

>look through window
You can see a large laboratory, dimly illuminated. A blue glow comes from a crack in the northern wall of the lab. Shadowy, ominous shapes move about within the room. On the floor, just inside the door, you can see a magnetic-striped card.
Floyd stands on his tiptoes and peers in the window. "Looks dangerous in there," says Floyd. "I don't think you should go inside." He peers in again. "We'll need card there to fix computer. Hmmm... I know! Floyd will get card. Robots are tough. Nothing can hurt robots. You open the door, then Floyd will rush in. Then you close door. When Floyd knocks, open door again. Okay? Go!" Floyd's voice trembles slightly as he waits for you to open the door.

>open door
The door opens and Floyd, pausing only for the briefest moment, plunges into the Bio Lab. Immediately, he is set upon by hideous, mutated monsters! More are heading straight toward the open door! Floyd shrieks and yells to you to close the door.

>close door
The door closes.
From within the lab you hear ferocious growlings, the sounds of a skirmish, and then a high-pitched metallic scream!

>wait
Time passes...
You hear, slightly muffled by the door, three fast knocks, followed by the distinctive sound of tearing metal.

>open door
The door opens.
Floyd stumbles out of the Bio Lab, clutching the mini-booth card. The mutations rush toward the open doorway!

>close door
The door closes.
And not a moment too soon! You hear a pounding from the door as the monsters within vent their frustration at losing their prey.

Floyd staggers to the ground, dropping the mini card. He is badly torn apart, with loose wires and broken circuits everywhere. Oil flows from his lubrication system. He obviously has only moments to live.

You drop to your knees and cradle Floyd's head in your lap. Floyd looks up at his friend with half-open eyes. "Floyd did it ... got card. Floyd a good friend, huh?" Quietly, you sing Floyd's favorite song, the Ballad of the Starcrossed Miner:

O, they ruled the solar system
Near ten thousand years before
In their single starcrossed scout ships
Mining ast'roids, spinning lore.

Then one true courageous miner
Spied a spaceship from the stars
Boarded he that alien liner
Out beyond the orb of Mars.

Yes, that ship was filled with danger
Mighty monsters barred his way
Yet he solved the alien myst'ries
Mining quite a lode that day.

O, they ruled the solar system
Near ten thousand years before
'Til one brave advent'rous spirit
Brought that mighty ship to shore.

As you finish the last verse, Floyd smiles with contentment, and then his eyes close as his head rolls to one side. You sit in silence for a moment, in memory of a brave friend who gave his life so that you might live.

Loved Quest for Glory 3. My first adventure games were King's Quest 6 and Space Quest 1 VGA which are still two of my favorite games ever.

Hell, the cliff face riddle from KQ6 is forever ingrained in my head, "Four men standing in a row, third from the left and down you go, the rest in order move you on: the youngest, the oldest, and the second son."

I've completed one play through of QFG3 in my life without a gamebreaking bug. I've attempted 3-4.

QFG4 was also buggy as shit, but I was lucky enough to never have a game stopping bug where I literally couldn't progress.

Hell I even liked 5, it was...wierd, but I liked it.

4>2>1>>>5>3

Back