a plugin i made by broast - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Scripting and Modifying
Reload this Page a plugin i made
broast
VeteranX
Old
1 - 05-10-2020, 01:30
hello and good evening. if you recall, i like to hack tribes a lil bit, though i had lost everything when i lost my old computer in a barnyard fire years ago. i recreated this from scratch in the course of this past week or so

(left: bloom, right: colorgraded bloom)

so my effort does not go wasted, here, please, is download

broastfx.zip - Google Drive

installation:
extract to tribes directory, which already has a working pluginloader (rasadhlp.dll), so that all the following are in your tribes dir:
glew32.dll
shaders.ini
/plugins/
/shaders/

ive tested this on two computers (NVIDIA Quadro T2000 and a GTX1080) with groove config (grabbed from playt1.com) out of the box

probably not compatible with scriptgl, various older builds of tribes

press SHIFT+CTRL to toggle. if you dont get an image try toggling. if you don't like this keybind, complain. if you fail to see an image while toggled on, try switching to windowed vs full screen.

you may configure at will. shaders.ini:

[Screen]
height = 1080
width = 1920

[Bloom]
cutoff = 0.5
exposure = 2.5
gamma = 0.8
blurStrength = 0.5
blurRadius = 1.5

[Broast]
debug=false

[Experimental]
colorGrading=false

if you still fail to get an image, bring up the debug console and look for errors: debug=true, restart tribes.exe.

other than debug, the rest of the flags change when toggling the shaders, so you can edit while tribes is open, and return to tribes and hit shift+ctrl twice to see the changes

you can also edit the shaders under the shader folder

the colorgrading uses a photoshopped lookup table lut.png, found in the shader folder. if you would like to do custom color grading, grab neutral_lut.png and process it, and save as lut.png. the colorgrading is experimental - it may not work for you in full screen or windowed or both. try it and let me know.

you will likely take a fps hit, particularly when using full screen. to reduce the fps hit, try reducing the blurstrength, or your game resolution. im not entirely sure how much the screenheight/width matter in the ini, but try to match it to your aspect ratio.

you may crash sometimes. on launch, on toggle, or randomly. just try again. when i crash, i find that my mouse sometimes loses input, so i click wildly until tribes.exe crashes, or navigate to kill the task with my keyboard. try that if necessary. i will try to find a better way to do crash reports. if it doesnt work for you, also list your plugins

please let me know how this works out for you. please tune it to your config and show me. ask 4 source

bloom preferences demo - YouTube - ive since fixed the hdr shader in the download, so you dont get the shadows crawling in from a distance seen in the video, nor the weird white artifacting on the lit up base textures. it looks way better now than this video. DO NOT watch this video

Last edited by broast; 05-10-2020 at 10:47..
Sponsored Links
lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
2 - 05-10-2020, 18:49
cool

groove
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 05-10-2020, 20:56
broast is a legend

vamp
Veteran++
Old
4 - 05-12-2020, 17:57
does this mean we can control gamma finally?

broast
VeteranX
Old
5 - 05-12-2020, 19:27
ive heard people are having trouble with this download. ive rebuilt and packaged it in a more reliable fashion, the original download has been updated with the new binaries

broast
VeteranX
Old
6 - 05-13-2020, 08:40
the default settings are pretty bright to show off the features, a more subtle version would be like:

[Bloom]
cutoff = 0.8
exposure = 2.0
gamma = 0.9
blurStrength = 0.5
blurRadius = 1.0

the higher cut off means it will only affect the brightest things, the sky, the fog line, projectiles, explosions, etc

lower exposure means the intensity of the bright things will go down

the higher gamma is to adjust for the lower exposure

the lower blurRadius decreases the softening of the image

feel free to look at shaders/hdr.frag and bloom.frag if youre interested in toying with the algorithm

Last edited by broast; 05-13-2020 at 08:46..
darkpiece
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 05-23-2020, 04:54
i m ur broarst!

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 05-29-2020, 21:32
FUN.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Scripting and Modifying
Reload this Page a plugin i made