Tera F2P by Natural - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Tera F2P
Natural
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 02-24-2013, 16:10
If there are any ex TC or STK people around who are interested in messing around in Tera, smaq and I are on Valley of the Titans. Feel free to create a char and apply to The Core.

Tera has a solid combat system and I recommend that anybody who enjoys MMOs give it a shot. The game strongly benefits from having a few people to group with when you do dungeons.

Sponsored Links
PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 02-24-2013, 16:34
I loved the mechanics of tera, but I quit because finding groups was awful, and the instances were pretty unforgiving of bad play. I think I'm actually on VoT, I have a max level sorc. Might reinstall.

Natural
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 02-24-2013, 17:21
And FYI, server transfers are instant and free. Be aware, your bank doesn't come with you.l

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 02-24-2013, 17:37
So I *was* on VT, but apparently they moved people when they consolidated servers or something, because my characters are on Mount Tyrannas now (and my Slayer got renamed to Ippon_VT, so I'm pretty sure I was right about where I was).

Transfer page says "You can currently only transfer to and from Celestial Hills, Tempest Reach, and Mount Tyrannas.", so maybe I won't be playing after all.

Natural
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 02-24-2013, 17:50
we're 20-26 atm

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 02-24-2013, 23:27
Moved my Sorc to VT, but I don't think I can transfer my alts, said they needed to be 40+ on the transfer page.

Natural
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 02-25-2013, 16:45
The transfer page says 40+, but if you try to move a character it says the need to be 20+. I guess they relaxed the policy.

I will approve you when we log in tonight.

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 02-26-2013, 22:13
Fun game is fun.

We're all old and casual, but this game is a lot of fun to play with a group of people. We're all still lowbies so it's not too late to install and catch up. I think I'm level 28 or 29 after 3 days.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
9 - 02-26-2013, 22:24
Is it fun to solo in as well? I'd like to give it a try, but I don't have a lot of gaming time anymore so I don't know how much I could help the leveling experience. That being said, if you're playing old man casual, I'd come check it out. I see Lasta sometimes in WoW, he might be interested as well.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 02-27-2013, 11:59
It's just fun in general. The mechanics are great, and if you're good enough, you can basically solo anything (pretty much every attack is avoidable if you play well).

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 02-27-2013, 20:19
I have real life obligations that often keep me a day or two of leveling behind Nat/Tabi/Essay, so I've done probably 50% of my leveling solo. I'm playing a Sorcerer and it's not super powerful (yet), but I have plenty of spells to escape/CC and avoid damage and have only been unable to solo 5man BAM quests.

Some other classes are crazy good at those levels DPS- or survivability-wise, but it seems like every class has a nice learning curve. Dungeons are nice because damn near everything is avoidable by all but the tank so even our healer gets to pewpew a lot as we 4man the 5man dungeons.

As a Tera newbie I still don't understand any of the crafting skills and haven't bothered reading up on them, but getting completely new spells every 2-4 levels and learning how to utilize them keeps the game fresh for now. I just wish the game didn't lock out some of my favorite keybinds (shift+scrollwheel up/down/push, I'm looking at you), that's my biggest complaint after about a week.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 02-27-2013, 23:47
I swear every game except WoW locks you out from the scrollwheel. That took me a LONG time to get over. I don't really mind it anymore, but scroll up/down, then with shift and ctrl were like... 80% of my binds on my rogue.

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 03-13-2013, 14:46
hello The Core friends.

Natural
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 03-14-2013, 14:17
Hello

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 03-15-2013, 22:57
What roles you guys need most? Guessing heals since that seems to be what I see spammed for ingame the most heh. Have a 55 warr from when the game first came out, but was thinking of rolling a mystic. Heard they added 3v3 to the game, seems like it would be really fun - loved the pvp that I experienced so far. Dicking around on a zerk atm since I heard they're not terrible anymore.

Last edited by Ickz; 03-15-2013 at 23:01..
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 05-06-2013, 08:43
TERA is a good game. Wish I had more time to play it.

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 07-25-2013, 13:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
TERA is a good game. Wish I had more time to play it.
Same. I haven't touched my PC much in the last 4 months outside doing some online shopping but I have 2-3 weeks now before fall youth sports start up for the kids so I'm downloading TERA once more to play as I have time.

I had a free 7day WoW trial about a month ago and only logged in twice to say hello. Nearly 5 months clean and I don't miss the game at all, just some of the people I played with (Nat and former TC/StK members, Xpdnc, Zeph, loto, etc).

edit: nm. Nobody plays TERA anymore. Looks like the last guild activity was around the time spring soccer started and I stopped gaming.

Last edited by Smaqaho; 07-25-2013 at 21:35..

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Tera F2P

Social Website Bullshit