Role Playing server, or just a normal server? by Goshin - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Role Playing server, or just a normal server?
Page 1 of 2
Goshin
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 03-06-2007, 18:24
I've played TT for years, so i was wondering...

which server type? Probably the normal kinds huh?

Sponsored Links
Calipso
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 03-06-2007, 18:34
Id prefer any type of pvp server depending on the rulesets. Its really what im looking for in the game.

DacTheHork
Veteran++
Old
3 - 03-06-2007, 19:20
Non role playing, but for beta it really doesn't matter. Maybe RP PvP though, not sure.

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
4 - 03-06-2007, 21:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipso View Post
Id prefer any type of pvp server depending on the rulesets. Its really what im looking for in the game.
If mythic does the same way they did daoc all servers will be "pvp". You have PVP area's called frontiers, basically the battlezones. Leveling area's are not pvp enabled. When you are ready to pvp you go out into this huge frontier zones where all the stuff is you have to take over.

I am guessing they will have BG's and the like also, different pvp area's restricted to certain levels.

DAoC did though put in 2 full pvp servers where anywhere but the Capital City were a gank fest where anyone could attack anyone. But the population was so bad they merged them into one (Mordred) and even to this day the population on that server sucks because of all the asshats.

They did also put in a full pve server, but again, as you can imagine its not very active since Mythic isnt known for its PVE prowess and fun.. its all about the rvr.

floorpunching
VeteranX
Old
5 - 03-06-2007, 21:53
From what i've read every server is going to be a pvp server. The rulesets will just be RP names / guild names or not.

Juke
VeteranX
Old
6 - 03-07-2007, 00:26
For ****s sake, we are not role players.

Violent
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 03-07-2007, 00:36
in one of the videos they mention a scenario most of the players have an "initiate" tag in front of their names... from what i understand those will be like the battlegrounds we know from daoc.

there will basically be a chessboard, and each square is a zone, the zones close to "home" will be non rvr and only pve, the zones in the middle are for rvr, though i think its possible to push farther into the other teams areas if you coordinate well enough. force normal pve areas into rvr areas

Calipso
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 03-07-2007, 08:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke View Post
For ****s sake, we are not role players.
Although you or myself arent interested in roleplaying im sure there are some that do like it.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
9 - 03-07-2007, 09:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow13 View Post
If mythic does the same way they did daoc all servers will be "pvp". You have PVP area's called frontiers, basically the battlezones. Leveling area's are not pvp enabled. When you are ready to pvp you go out into this huge frontier zones where all the stuff is you have to take over.
Levelling areas are pvp enabled in WAR. It's actually designed so that similar level players fight each other while questing. You even get a small amount of money and even XP from killing people.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
10 - 03-07-2007, 09:29
PS there's no ****ing way BE is going on an RP server.

Surge
VeteranX
Old
11 - 03-07-2007, 09:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseMyrmidon View Post
PS there's no ****ing way BE is going on an RP server.

Calipso
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 03-07-2007, 10:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseMyrmidon View Post
Levelling areas are pvp enabled in WAR. It's actually designed so that similar level players fight each other while questing. You even get a small amount of money and even XP from killing people.
If its anything like daoc you will get a **** load of xp for killing people.

Ender
ValtreX
Old
13 - 03-08-2007, 04:42
Yeah I agree. RPing might be a little ... eh.

floorpunching
VeteranX
Old
14 - 03-08-2007, 07:17
Well, the advantage of playing on RP servers is that the player base is a little more mature in the sense of knowing how to play / not typing in leetspeak. I've played most MMOs on RP servers if they had PVP rulesets and that's generally been my experience. (DAOC, Shadowbane, WoW)

I've never had people complain about not roleplaying as long as i didnt make fun of them a lot and i dont have toon names like Buttslol

Another advantage is that there also seems to be a higher population of crybabies if you're into getting QQ posts on forums etc. Since i generally enjoy trolling and acting like a douche bag to people who are easy targets these servers are pretty fun.

Last edited by floorpunching; 03-08-2007 at 07:20..
DonkeyofDoom
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 03-08-2007, 07:24
Playing on an RP server might be worth looking at depending on how they enforce it.

Calipso
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 03-08-2007, 15:33
I apathetic over what server we go on, but I think whatever everyone decides we all need to follow and not split. In wow we all split, theres like 5 of us per server.

shadow skill
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 03-08-2007, 15:44
I'd have to agree, a huge guild of nothing but TW'er might get gay, but damn we would ****ing dominate anyone fo sho

Mabelrode
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 03-09-2007, 09:27
I wouldn't mind an RP server, but, I'll go whereva.

Shadow13
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
19 - 03-09-2007, 10:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipso View Post
I apathetic over what server we go on, but I think whatever everyone decides we all need to follow and not split. In wow we all split, theres like 5 of us per server.
Ill stay with TW as long as it doesnt turn into a ****ing gay fest like everyone trying to be the same type of douche they try to be on the forums.

I play to win, and pvp for me going to be serious if I play Warhammer. So as long as it doesnt turn into us trying to invade some funeral like they did in wow **** it im game.

Maybe its because im getting older, but the TW schtick outside of tw just isnt funny to me.. BE in GW was the right middle ground for me, took it serious with out being ****ing nazi's about it.

Calipso
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 03-09-2007, 10:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow13 View Post
Ill stay with TW as long as it doesnt turn into a ****ing gay fest like everyone trying to be the same type of douche they try to be on the forums.

I play to win, and pvp for me going to be serious if I play Warhammer. So as long as it doesnt turn into us trying to invade some funeral like they did in wow **** it im game.

Maybe its because im getting older, but the TW schtick outside of tw just isnt funny to me.. BE in GW was the right middle ground for me, took it serious with out being ****ing nazi's about it.
I agree, although I enjoy our propaganda schtick alot. That and I play to win so if im rocking peoples faces il probably be an ******* about it too our competition. They ARE the enemy after all :P.

Last edited by Calipso; 03-09-2007 at 10:35..
Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Role Playing server, or just a normal server?

Social Website Bullshit