[Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

I can see that as a possibility. If Ottawa can 'turn it on' like they have shown they can they can make a push for the cup.

Detroit is one of the scariest teams in the west right now behind the Blackhawks.

I'm not worried about Vancouver. Luongo ain't shit. History has shown us that a 1-line team can't do deep in the playoffs.

Heatley, Spezza and Alfredsson are waving at you from the 2007 playoffs.

East:
(1) Washington vs. (8) Montreal Caps in 4
(2) New Jersey vs. (7) Philadelphia Devils in 5
(3) Buffalo vs. (6) Boston Bruins in 6
(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Ottawa Pens in 6

West:
(1) San Jose vs. (8) Colorado Sharks in 5
(2) Chicago vs. (7) Nashville Blackhawks in 5
(3) Vancouver vs. (6) Los Angeles Kings in 7
(4) Phoenix vs. (5) Detroit Wings in 5

From then on:
Caps over Bruins, Pens over Devils, Sharks over Kings, Wings over Hawks, Caps over Pens and Wings over Sharks and finally Wings over Caps.

Succcccc it Caps.

Canadien's beginning operation "Let's make them mad first"

"It's not as though we were up against Brodeur or Miller. They don't have a dominant goalie. And when you look at the season, you realize that this matchup of goalies is useful for our team. I think you could say that our goalies have been better than theirs."
-Tomas Plekanec

"Tomas who? Jagr? Oh, Plekanec, okay. I thought you meant Jagr."
-Jose Theodore

Not sure I'd give the #1 team locker room fodder.

No shit. Icey is just a fair-weather fan and shows he doesn't know shit about the NHL by calling AO "Vech".

I'm not a fair-weather fan. I am strictly a Wings fan. I couldn't give a fuck about any other team, but I'm also not someone who really cares about hockey that much in general unless it's the Olympics and then that's only because I'm a rabid nationalist. Just like basketball quite frankly. I'll root for the Bucks but only start paying attention in March. If the Bucks are in the hunt like they are this year, cool I'll follow it until they're eliminated. If not, fuck it.

On the other hand, I follow football and soccer year round.

Fair weather fan I am not, but I'm not going to lie and pretend like I follow hockey during the off season or even during the first half of the regular season. Too long and too much of the season overlaps with football.

I'm not a fair-weather fan. I am strictly a Wings fan. I couldn't give a fuck about any other team, but I'm also not someone who really cares about hockey that much in general unless it's the Olympics and then that's only because I'm a rabid nationalist. Just like basketball quite frankly. I'll root for the Bucks but only start paying attention in March. If the Bucks are in the hunt like they are this year, cool I'll follow it until they're eliminated. If not, fuck it.

On the other hand, I follow football and soccer year round.

Fair weather fan I am not, but I'm not going to lie and pretend like I follow hockey during the off season or even during the first half of the regular season. Too long and too much of the season overlaps with football.

:rofl:

The second part comes with the first part.

Edit: So does the third.

Last edited:
This whole "Keeping track of hockey" thing is fun, but I don't understand how some of you can keep up with it for an entire season.

This whole "Keeping track of hockey" thing is fun, but I don't understand how some of you can keep up with it for an entire season.

Step 1: Check TSN in morning
Step 2: Repeat for season

Complete

Join some fantasy hockey leagues as well. If you are interested in the sport, it's a good way to force you to keep up.

TW Champ oh yeahhhh

So I just found out that when the NHL determines the draft order with their lottery they don't allow any team officials to be present at the time the balls are drawn. They are only notified later during the "official" televised show announcement.
To me this seems crazy.

Back