T:V Update - Coming December 2004

PB is not perfect but it does stop majority of cheats. And it is lot more better than those community made crappy anticheats that do nothing.

Combined with demos and PB screenshots its quite effective tool againts cheaters.

ban by guid will be one of the more widely used features i believe...

uninstall your hacks while you can if you want to continue playing!!!

Not intending to crap on the good intentions of including PunkBuster in the patch, just be aware that PunkBuster seems to sometimes adversly affect the implementation of non-cheat based mods (defined how broadly by PunkBuster, I am not sure but FarCry players were getting kicked for modified pak files and skins), as well as cheats. Also, if there is a patch subsiquent to the implementation of PunkBuster, i.e. T:V 1.2, patching the game seems to induce more of these Whitelist kicks.

But still better than a Panzer Autoaim world, just be ready for it.

Check out what happend to the FarCry multiplayer community regarding PunkBuster after the 1.3 patch was released recently, and if you have a Geforce 6800 card, get the 1.3 patch and play FarCry single player. The new HDR lighting effects will make you forget about anything multiplayer until the December T:V patch.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=452106891&m=7941032432&p=3

Last edited:
PB has come a long way. We used it for CoD and never had a problem with it. When you get banned by PB now, it bans you in every game PB covers. So you can't hack in one game and not hack in another and get away with it. Last year they also built in hardware GUIDs. Basically, PB makes a tag of your hardware setup by taking specs from a combination of a couple different parts (you don't know which parts it uses and the combination is random). If you ever get a PB ban, you not only can't play the games PB covers anymore, but you can't play the games on the same computer. How many of you would risk having to buy a new PC just to be able to cheat for a few weeks til PB patches your cheat into their detection?

PB won't 100% stop cheats but it does stop most of the casual cheaters (testers) from using cheats. PB sometimes delays updates so people think their new cheat passes PB, then when it updates, you see like 100 people get banned on the same day who thought they were safe.

Hi said:
Not intending to crap on the good intentions of including PunkBuster in the patch, just be aware that PunkBuster seems to sometimes adversly affect the implementation of non-cheat based mods (defined how broadly by PunkBuster, I am not sure but FarCry players were getting kicked for modified pak files and skins), as well as cheats. Also, if there is a patch subsiquent to the implementation of PunkBuster, i.e. T:V 1.2, patching the game seems to induce more of these Whitelist kicks.

But still better than a Panzer Autoaim world, just be ready for it.

Check out what happend to the FarCry multiplayer community regarding PunkBuster after the 1.3 patch was released recently, and if you have a Geforce 6800 card, get the 1.3 patch and play FarCry single player. The new HDR lighting effects will make you forget about anything multiplayer until the December T:V patch.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=452106891&m=7941032432&p=3

cliff notes plz? on the linked thread i mean...

Take a good look at most of the anti punkbuster posters from now untill its implemented in T:V.

We are going to find that many of them have been permabanned by punkbuster in other games. In case youre wondering, bans carry from game to game.

Hows that cheating working for you now?

Shazbot, enough with the punkbuster debate. Take it to a new thread.

I'm surprised guy.welch was the messenger of this... though I've long since learned to take every message from Marketing with several tons of salt. Not just VUG Marketing... everyone in Marketing, everywhere.

Here's to hoping the patch not only arrives, but fixes a great majority of T:V's ills. :cheers:

Geiss said:
cliff notes plz? on the linked thread i mean...

CLIFF NOTES: Allegedly innocent players getting PB Whitelist kicks for using skins and non-cheat mods after installation of FarCry 1.3 patch. They had to remove their skins and non-cheat mods to play. But at least it sounds like no one was perma banned from FarCry, as well as all of their other PB implemented games, based on their hardware profiles (as someone above stated PB can do). And perhaps the dust has settled (the Admins and PB working to allow the skins/mods) now that the 1.3 patch has been out a while.

Back