imagine dozens and dozens of churches destroyed by arson by amRam - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page imagine dozens and dozens of churches destroyed by arson
Page 2 of 11
HardDrive
VeteranXX
Old
21 - 07-28-2021, 08:27
I imagine if this happened in the US it would probably still rate lower than rioters burning down a Wendy's

Now a hybrid Wendy's + church, that would get the National Guard deployed

Sponsored Links
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 07-28-2021, 08:30
Were these alll pretty much Catholic churches? If so, i can't really say that i have a lot of empathy for them. Catholic churches all over the world seem to have a very full history of doing more bad for the world than good. Sooner or later people get tired of that and deal with it.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
23 - 07-28-2021, 08:44
It's funny how people are non chalant about it if it doesn't directly affect them freedom of what

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 07-28-2021, 08:51
Freedom of religion means that the government will not stop you from praying any way you want. It doesn't mean that the citizenry wont burn your **** down after centuries of ****, murder and robbery in the name of god.

HardDrive
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 07-28-2021, 08:57
I would definitely rather people not commit arson, it's just surreal how much has happened without much reaction and I don't think it's entirely because the media buried the story

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 07-28-2021, 09:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
It's funny how people are non chalant about it if it doesn't directly affect them freedom of what
Please explain how a couple child **** centers being slightly vandalized "directly affects" me.

Make it good, I'll wait.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 07-28-2021, 10:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Please explain how a couple child **** centers being slightly vandalized "directly affects" me.

Make it good, I'll wait.
Um...

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 07-28-2021, 10:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
Um...
lol right??? what a ****in imbecile

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 07-28-2021, 10:10
AmRam, without me doing a lot of Internet/news research and assuming you have.

What has been the overall motive? Is there a group taking credit. I***8217;m very unfamiliar with what goes on in Canada, so really can***8217;t comment intelligently on it.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 07-28-2021, 10:16
Its a response to the "discovery" of unmarked graves loosely connected to residential schools from a century ago, where indigenous children (and everyone, really) died under less than nice cicrumstance.

Its something along the lines of retribution for colonialism, loosely speaking. The government created a residential school system and paid 3rd parties (churches, etc) to administer the program. It took in native kids, a number of whom died in the process. They weren't treated well, the story goes.

The issue is that the topic was framed as unknown 'mass graves' when the reality is they were simply forgotten and unmarked cemeteries from the last century. The locals knew of their existence and simply failed to maintain them. Ever seen an unmaintained field? Yeah thats what happens to a cemetery after nobody mows the lawn for 100 years. Its mostly clickbait stories, as expected from corporate media, to drive division and panic about some 'new thing'. Also the last $1B given to the natives seems to have run out, so the hysteria machine is being ramped up in order to collect more money from the taxpayer.

Last edited by amRam; 07-28-2021 at 10:18..
cael
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 07-28-2021, 10:18
looks like some churches accidentally died under less than nice circumstances

o well

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 07-28-2021, 10:22
I figured that ruthlessly simple and vague explanation would probably bring about a snide comment in return but the fact is that 150,000+ children went through that system and it appears "only" several thousand died in it. We're largely talking about life in desperately poor rural 1800s Canada here.. mortality rate for tuberculosis was about 800x what it is today. They died. They were buried in cemeteries. The cemeteries eventually stopped being maintained and many records were lost to time.

cael
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 07-28-2021, 10:24
out of the 30k churches in canada only a couple dozen have been burned so things are looking up

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
34 - 07-28-2021, 10:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
out of the 30k churches in canada only a couple dozen have been burned so far so the mortality rate is p low tbh
factual

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 07-28-2021, 10:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Its a response to the "discovery" of unmarked graves loosely connected to residential schools from a century ago, where indigenous children (and everyone, really) died under less than nice cicrumstance.

Its something along the lines of retribution for colonialism, loosely speaking. The government created a residential school system and paid 3rd parties (churches, etc) to administer the program. It took in native kids, a number of whom died in the process. They weren't treated well, the story goes.

The issue is that the topic was framed as unknown 'mass graves' when the reality is they were simply forgotten and unmarked cemeteries from the last century. The locals knew of their existence and simply failed to maintain them. Ever seen an unmaintained field? Yeah thats what happens to a cemetery after nobody mows the lawn for 100 years. Its mostly clickbait stories, as expected from corporate media, to drive division and panic about some 'new thing'. Also the last $1B given to the natives seems to have run out, so the hysteria machine is being ramped up in order to collect more money from the taxpayer.
This is certainly an interpretation of what happened

Residential schools were places where the government and the catholic church(on orders from the government) kidnapped indigenous children,took them to what amounts to concentration camps to force them to become civilized whites by beating them for speaking their native language or talking about their culture. They didnt adequately feed, clothe or give them medical attention. Thousands of kidnapped children died in the care of the church and their bodies were dumped into mass graves. Most parents of these children had no idea what happened to them

The last residential school closed in 1996. The residential school that started this whole thing was closed in 1978

I get what this site is about but theres no need to misrepresent what happened. If what you posed is really your understanding of what's happened, then I highly suggest u say less and read more

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
36 - 07-28-2021, 10:35
My 1 sentence description was apt. I didn't inject my own bias into it like you just did. There were no "mass graves", there were cemeteries which received no upkeep (remember lack of funding?) and got lost to time.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 07-28-2021, 10:41
Theres no bias there, it's what actually happened. Context is important. What our government did is gravely unjust and a black mark on it. Hand waving gruesome details,saying it happened over 100 years ago when it was literally still going on when I was going to school, saying they were allegedly treated bad, saying that "only" x number of these kidnapped children died so it's not that bad is really ****ed up just shows a profound lack of empathy, especially when you frame it like they just ran out of money and want some more

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
38 - 07-28-2021, 10:46
its funny how he hand waves child **** (and covid-19) but gets all uppity about some ****ty church buildings lol

hogram

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 07-28-2021, 10:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztir View Post
Theres no bias there, it's what actually happened. Context is important. What our government did is gravely unjust and a black mark on it. Hand waving gruesome details,saying it happened over 100 years ago when it was literally still going on when I was going to school, saying they were allegedly treated bad, saying that "only" x number of these kidnapped children died so it's not that bad is really ****ed up just shows a profound lack of empathy, especially when you frame it like they just ran out of money and want some more
What the government did was completely ****ing whack. The blood is on their hands and I'll be the first to preach it. Making compulsory attendance of children in a school system which they didn't fund or administer to even a basic level of fundamental need is criminal.

I think the current government isn't taking responsibility in any meaningful manner, where previous governments have. I'm also of the opinion that this issue is known, understood, and should be handled in one go. It needs not be repeated every 10 years when the money runs dry. You apologize once, you make it right once, and everybody moves along. This is why Im annoyed by the constant headlines of "new grave discoveries" which is a patently false assertion almost every time. Nothing about this is newly discovered.

Whats happening now is that the framing is intentionally spotlighting the church involvement in order to draw heat away from Trudeau, and he's stoking the flames. You don't correct a past injustice by allowing or turning a blind eye to new injustice - I think this is a principled stand to take.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 07-28-2021, 10:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
its funny how he hand waves child **** (and covid-19) but gets all uppity about some ****ty church buildings lol

hogram
I know you're a simple minded fellow so I'll spell it out: Im not religious at all, I don't go to church, I don't believe in god. I have zero connection to the "****ty church building"

If Im getting uppity about anything its the prospect of having to spend another countless round of billions of dollars because my government is lead by a spineless loser who can't take responsibility.

Page 2 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page imagine dozens and dozens of churches destroyed by arson

Social Website Bullshit