Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page TW Car Stereo Gurus
Page 3 of 5
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
41 - 05-11-2021, 15:52
It brakes when the car in front of you brakes. And then when the car in front accelerates or changes out of your lane, it moves back to whatever cruising speed you set. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited by Mitchdubai; 05-11-2021 at 15:59..
Sponsored Links
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 05-11-2021, 16:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlickRex View Post
I hear the Toyota Camry has a good stereo as well as adaptive cruise control. I wish someone could explain what adaptive cruise control does.
We have it in our Rav4, it keeps you a set time behind the car in front. It sucks when someone merges in front of you, because you slow down abruptly even though the merging car is moving faster.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
43 - 05-11-2021, 16:24
I don't care for all the self drive tech right now. Its not developed enough. In a few years maybe, but right now..no.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
44 - 05-11-2021, 17:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
It brakes when the car in front of you brakes. And then when the car in front accelerates or changes out of your lane, it moves back to whatever cruising speed you set. Rinse and repeat.
Not quite. Mine (Honda Fit) will accelerate or decelerate to maintain speed and spacing behind another commuter, if they actually brake, it will brake, but not if they use braking to decelerate. I can set the desired spacing to 3 different spacings. Closest being maybe 3 car lengths behind at highway speeds. Only time it brakes at all is if some ******* cuts in front of me within a car length or so. If I could shut that feature off I would.

On a long trip I love adaptive cruise control.

Last edited by Mr Jimmy Pop; 05-11-2021 at 17:46..
Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
45 - 05-11-2021, 17:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
Static bugs the **** out of me. Even a small bit
I been married over 35 years, so I can tune out a little static like a champ.

OneSlickRex
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 05-12-2021, 12:58
Quote:
Dang, you guys took the bait. I was hoping for an explanation that included a trip to Ashley or the like.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
47 - 05-12-2021, 13:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
We have it in our Rav4,
Oh thank you comedy gods, I couldn't have done better than this myself. A rusty old Dodge **** truck, AND a RAV 4.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 05-12-2021, 13:09
You forgot the clapped out Mercedes, Saabs and Jaguar.

I sent this one to the scrapyard 2 years ago, stupid chrysler transmission.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvPjSU7VSZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjaYTW9gEhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXpljkXTnNY

Last edited by Plasmatic; 05-12-2021 at 13:10.. Reason: Kill yourself midxe
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
49 - 05-12-2021, 13:31
Hillbillies and self-deprecation, it's like peanut butter jelly, except worse.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 05-12-2021, 14:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
I have a B&O system in my ride and I like it. I do wish it went louder and lower though. I want my ears to BLEED as I vibrate in my seat from the low-lows.
same experience, was never loud enough. even this lexicon now, i think the vol goes up to '40' and i'm usually at 30-35 lol

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 05-12-2021, 14:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlickRex View Post
I hear the Toyota Camry has a good stereo as well as adaptive cruise control. I wish someone could explain what adaptive cruise control does.
using sensors, while you set your cruise control, the car will automatically detect a car in front of you, adjust your speed in order to maintain a distance between you and the other car without any driver input.

most let you set this distance; close, med, far

example: you set your cruise to 80mph. you catchup to a car going 60 mph. your car will automatically decelerate to 60mph and maintain a distance between you automatically.
if they speed up to 70mph, you will speed up as well to 70mph to maintain that same distance between.
if they speed up to 90mph, you will increase up to 80mph (your original setting)

these days, they can get pretty sophisticated in scanning ahead even beyond the car in front of you. some only work at certain speeds. some adaptive systems can even perform a full emergency stop. if you set to 80mph and the car in front of you comes to a complete stop due to traffic etc, your car will safely come to a complete stop right behind them...obviously assuming you had the distance to stop.

Last edited by Pagy; 05-12-2021 at 14:19..
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 05-12-2021, 14:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
I don't care for all the self drive tech right now. Its not developed enough. In a few years maybe, but right now..no.
I really dislike adaptive cruise because...it takes a lot of the enjoyment of driving away.

the lane assist is quite remarkable; my car will drive itself around corners and everything hands-free. but i leave that completely disabled because you can feel the steering make adjustments. i've used it a couple times if i felt i was fiddling with my phone or head unit too much...so i flip it on, take my eyes off the road, then switch it off.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
53 - 05-12-2021, 15:51
I am the kind of driver that uses cruise control a lot. I cannot handle driving behind someone that cannot seem to make up their mind on how fast they should be going. 1 minute they are going 55, the next they are going 70 and then slow back down, rinse and repeat for 20 miles. Frustrating. Because I don't want to be like that guy, I set my CC and stay the same speed the entire time.

I do like the adaptive CC but it does suck when someone pulls into your lane that is within that cushion you have yours set too, and your vehicle slows down too quickly, only to speed back up once that car is beyond your cushion.

Lane assist is... I am going to have a tough time with self-driving cars. It turns when I wouldn't, and I feel as though I am fighting against the computer. I try to use it more and more to prep myself for the self-driving cars, but this is going to be tough.

In Nov I drove up to see my daughter in Washington. Straight shot all the way up Highway 5 for 11 hours. Used both lane assist and adaptive cruise control which was nice because the scenery up north is great.

easilyodd
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
54 - 05-12-2021, 17:01
You are the ****ers ****ing with my ****ing radar detectors. ****! Gotta go fast!

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 05-12-2021, 18:17
I do use cruise***8230;if i dont ill gradually approach the speed of sound so its something i have to do. And i sort of enjoy catching up to a car because it provides an opportunity to do the only truly fun thing in the world***8230;pass them

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
56 - 05-12-2021, 18:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyodd View Post
You are the ****ers ****ing with my ****ing radar detectors. ****! Gotta go fast!
I wish those were legal up here. I fell into a dashcam youtube rabbit hole lol.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
57 - 05-12-2021, 18:30
Quote:
Shut up you twat. In the civilised world, when you buy a car, it already has a stereo that's perfectly good enough for anyone that pulls their pants all the way up.
****ing racist

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 05-12-2021, 18:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
I do use cruise…if i dont ill gradually approach the speed of sound so its something i have to do. And i sort of enjoy catching up to a car because it provides an opportunity to do the only truly fun thing in the world…pass them
I use cruise if its a long trip. I read a couple studies a few years back that using cruise saves fuel over not using it because you're not constantly accelerating and slowing down. Seems like it does. Plus if im in an area where i know cops are, i can sent my cruise and know that im probably not going to get pulled over.

easilyodd
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 05-12-2021, 19:07
I dunno. Stupid people going slow in the left lane causes me to turn off cruise at the same rate I'd have to lay off the accelerator manually.

In my area, toll roads are the best for extended cruise control use.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
60 - 05-12-2021, 19:16
Quote:
Its called adaptive cruise control. Pretty common these days. Love it in my Maxima. Mine will come to a complete stop if needed and accelerate when able.

Page 3 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page TW Car Stereo Gurus

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
kill yourself midxe