Rate your kids...

just have one 4.5yo boy

i introduced him to atari 2600 and NES when he turned 4, and his favorite games are the mega mans

we'll see how he turns out, but he seems pretty well-balanced at this stage

Kids are all doing great. 10/10 would raise again. Youngest bought a new house in Austin, she works mostly remote. Middle son is in Virginia operating an ambulance company, but also headed to Texas in the early spring. Oldest is in Chicagoland :ugh: with her husband. The only thing keeping them there is his dad who's going through Chemo. I expect them to leave if anything happens to his dad, even though they both make good money there.

We got twins teens. Boy and girl.

Girl is an athlete. She works out and trains almost daily. She gets paid to umpire football. The higher the grade or age the higher the pay. She wastes money on sugar and is a bit dumber than her brother. Very aggressive. She works the bag often. Anyone picks on her quieter brother and they run if his sister turns up as she is ruthless and has some connections to some bad asses as she aspires to be a bad ass herself I think.

She's a taller thinner blonder Aria Stark, but she's no lezzo yet darm I wish she was lezzo

Boy is more quiet and clever but not an athlete. He makes lots of money selling in-game currency in some Roblocks game he built. He is a bit too sweet and nice to people. He will come good when he fills out, works out a bit and learns to want to smash someone.

He's a thinner smaller Sam Tully

Their behaviour at home is absolutely shocking. Apparently it's good they play up at home as it means they are comfortable here. When other people around they flick a switch and are on their best behaviour; and my wife and I laugh at "lol did she just say please and thank you without calling the person and F'n C?.. lol.. how sweet"

Last edited:
Oldest is 18, 6'3 and a freshman at a good (albeit really expensive) university. He got a bunch scholarships so my out of pocket is only 10k a year. He's very very smart and tested out of half his comp sci classes and had a number of ap classes in high school so those transferred over too.

My youngest is 14, just hitting his growth spurt and is a freshman in high school. He is a really good athlete in soccer and lax but he's doing more leagues in soccer. He's getting good grades, hasn't thought about college yet but his brother is setting a good example.

My kids are doing great. They're well-behaved, respectful, cute, loving, and I love them more every day, even though on occasion I have to raise my voice and repeat "don't touch that" or "put that back" more than I would like to. I still remember the days of teaching them please and thank you, then hearing their adorable pronunciation evolve over the year. "Peez" and "dank yuuuuuuuu"

I'm incredibly proud of them and I'm sure that will continue until I die.

As for how smart they are, who knows? Unless you've been around thousands of kids from all stages of life, your love as a parent will blind you. You might have an idea, but don't really know. From what other people say, they seem to be advanced, but people are also just overly polite, so you don't really know that anyway. As long as they're healthy, capable, and willing to learn, the rest will pan out through their upbringing.

With that said, I've seen plenty of other parents' monsters running around. Mine are definitely well-behaved, as they should be. There's nothing worse than "parents" who don't know how to raise a child.

I have a 8yr old step-daughter. She's bi lingual Japanese/English.

She has straight A's and is 3rd grade but reads at 6th grade level (i think) because the test she took wasn't difficult enough for her so possibly higher. I got her the Harry Potter hardback books for Xmas. She is anti-dad and always obstinate towards me. I could ask if she wants to see a movie, and she will instantly throw an hours long fit yelling and fighting and screaming. I think she is part ways autistic. Sometimes her fighting fits last late into the night until we just close the door but then she will come out and into our room and just keep yelling and screaming. I'm at a point now where I just steer clear of her and out of her way because even the smallest thing could trip her off. If I cook dinner and she finds out - oh sh$t. She will refuse to eat, yell at me, go hit the other kids, make up excuses, etc. It sucks.

Then I got the 4yr old boy/girl twins. Girl is very outgoing and is always hanging on my leg and is affectionate, talkative, engaging, etc. Boy is reclusive and hides away in the basement and plays with his HO scale trainset. He might have a speed impediment, it's hard to figure out what he's saying sometimes. I got him a pair of Micrometer calipers and he likes to put his different toys in the jaws and ask me what the numbers are. It's very peaceful and ((((normal)))) watching the twins and is much easier than watching the 8yr old. I can talk to them and have a nice conversation and ask about school and what they're doing and they'll just talk with me at a normal level. But then the 8yr old will butt in, turn it into a fight somehow because we didn't include her, and then it just spirals out of control from there.

Holy shit, you're an awful parent. Why is an 8-year-old running the show? My god.

Some sage advice from the Nobel laureate:

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'

I have a lot that I could write on the matter. I'll keep it short.

When I got laid off (Covid19). She worked fulltime remote. I took care of everyone for two years through cash gigs and savings and was full time care giver for the 3 kids. Paid for the mortgage, bought a used minivan, built a 2nd bathoom, did all the bills etc. I accomplished many things for an 'unemployed loser'. I didn't let it get me down. I went completely broke. When I asked for help, she said I should pay her back because I had collected unemployment checks and she was already paying me through her taxes. At one time I was down to $1,000 and was paying low balance maintenance fees. I was ready to sell the 2nd car (that she uses) I said I can't afford it anymore, and she uses it she needs to pay for it. She says she won't because it's not the car she wanted. I kept the keys. She calls me later, complaining, she's going to lose her $20 korean lunch takeout.

At the right time, the kids are old enough and school opened up again and I setup the preschool and daycares and after school program to be affordable on my budget. Was invited back to my old job (previous, previous). Having now had to rely upon neighborhood resources and other people to make things work for me has granted me a more graceful appreciation for the Good People in the world. Things are going OK at the moment, I do a lot of things with neighborhood volunteering and involving the neighbor kids (only raised by grandparents) and offering myself as a father figure to them as well. I take all the kids to church on Sundays. I never saw any other fathers parenting as hardcore as I was.

I did it all myself, no shame in that. I am double paying my mortgage down. I'm on a 15yr 3.5% mortgage. Should be all gone in next 3 years.

If you'd listen to her then you'd think I was the worst most despicable creature to drag its belly across this earth. Thats where the disrespect and out of control 8yr old come from, I'm the step dad. Mom backs her up every time. Even after all this time, it still boggles my mind how she can be doing something terrible, pushing, hitting, fighting, screaming, lying, etc, and she just sits there just so placid and indifferent to it all, no discipline, no response, no effort.

Its OK, I get all the bath times, all the story times, all the tooth brush time, its fine by me.

If she wants to 'lose 20lbs and get an apartment and a boyfriend' then that's OK, i don't owe her a dime.

Last edited:
LOLZ I'm amazed at all you octogenarians with toddler chillens

I had kids when I was younger and I'm done with all that now. Son is an assistant perfessor in the Maths Department at a small college in AussieLand

i don't have kids, i am an incel

thank u 4 reminding me of my being rejected by women

i rate ur kids all as obnoxious little shits and i hope they disappoint u w/ the music they listen 2

and i rate all of u as cyber bullies who pick on incels w/ threads like this

Back