SL83's Extended and Ongoing Beer Thread

I bought beer based on a "holy shit this beer is good" thread last week. disappointed :(
you're talking about shock top, which the op liked and everyone else in the thread said sucked.
go figure

Every Grocery store around here carries it.
I was posted in the last beer thread.
I want to know if it tastes like a hefewiezen

i'll bet it tastes like brown ale. like the name implies

I got the Sierra Nevada 2009 estate beer (10.00 a bottle) and tried it out tonight. Though being slightly less nasty and hoppy than their regular beer, it was not that good. I also got a Kiltlifter (which was good) and a couple weird Russian dark beers. In this picture Opus is scared, disgusted, and slightly aroused.

Friend's wife's new 2010 Camaro SS.

Last edited:
I bought a sixer of Troegenator Double Bock and it was GROSS!

It was super sweet.

YUCK.

I like Sam Adams Winter Lager which is a regular Bock, so I figured maybe a Double Bock would be ok too.

Good fucking beer. Very goddamn tasty. The instant I had some in my mouth, I felt something different. :nohomo:

Went on Beer Advocate and apparently it is one of the few beers on there that has such high ratings that actually deserves it.

img_2686.jpg

I told you guys! hehehe There have been numerous beer threads where I have praised SS: Nut Brown Ale, and SS: Oatmeal Stout. Those 2 are my longest running fav beers. I still will order a nice wheat beer on a summer day or with some chicken dishes but a good Prime Rib, and an oatmeal stout are a pretty unbeatable combination :)

On a related note the Walmart here in town just started carrying the whole Samuel Smith line as well as another favorite of mine Belhaven Scottish Ale!

Last edited:
Good fucking beer. Very goddamn tasty. The instant I had some in my mouth, I felt something different. :nohomo:

Went on Beer Advocate and apparently it is one of the few beers on there that has such high ratings that actually deserves it.

yes, it is very good. confused about how you like this and thought the rogue hazelnut was terrible. try the american amber already.

If you like beer like that, seek out Great Lakes Brewery Edmund Fitzgerald Porter. It's a stout, but not as heavy as Guinness.

it's not even that it's not as heavy as Guinness. it just doesn't taste like three month old feces like Guinness. worst beer i've ever had by a lot.

hmm.. free samples my distributors dropped off yesterday:

beersamples1.jpg

from left to right:
oscar blues - ten fidy
bells - expedition stout
baladin - nora
corsendonk - pale ale
schneider - aventinus
schneider - weisse
weihenstefan - dunkel

going to drink the ten fidy in a min or two.

nothing in this post makes sense.

He is saying Great Lakes Brewering company based out of Cleveland Ohio make a great beer that someone who likes nut brown ale would enjoy... the name of the beer is "edmund fitzgerald porter"

This brewer also makes a Christmas brew and my brother is a bartender in Cleveland and serves it with a cinnamon rimmed glass. FUCKING DELICIOUS!

He is saying Great Lakes Brewering company based out of Cleveland Ohio make a great beer that someone who likes nut brown ale would enjoy... the name of the beer is "edmund fitzgerald porter"

This brewer also makes a Christmas brew and my brother is a bartender in Cleveland and serves it with a cinnamon rimmed glass. FUCKING DELICIOUS!
yes. i recognize the name of the beer.

it's the rest of the post that makes no sense.

Last edited:
schneider - aventinus
schneider - weisse
weihenstefan - dunkel

good shit right there. also, belhaven on tap = amazing. takes 5 mins just for it to finish settling but it's worth the wait. had some abita amber ales and its quickly jumped to near the top of my list.

Back