The DOGE / Elon Musk / SNL hype machine

I don't have a problem with Elon complaining about the energy usage of bitcoin. I just find it hard to believe that he was naïve to it when he pumped the currency a month ago.

i guess we'll find out if tesla sold all their bitcoin before he tweeted that in their next quarterly earnings

if so, total pump and dump. he just got a bunch of normal people to help him and tesla get richer. it doubled in price since they bought?

i guess we'll find out if tesla sold all their bitcoin before he tweeted that in their next quarterly earnings

if so, total pump and dump. he just got a bunch of normal people to help him and tesla get richer. it doubled in price since they bought?

i thought it was already confirmed that tesla is still hodling the BTC they bought earlier in the year?

Protip: When you have your ass handed to you and are proven to be mathematically inept, you should always, ALWAYS, change the subject.

is this y u always go 2 the "rust wrangling hillbilly" routine when ppl laff @ ur unbridled faggotry on the internet?

What do you think the motivation was? Somebody in government threatening to take away subsidies?

Stakeholders? Other board members? Feedback from customer base?

Could be anything. The energy consumption thing isn't fake news... obviously it takes power to run crypto. What sucks about Elon is that this isn't new fucking information. He knew this shit when Tesla bought $1B in BTC, and he knew it when they started taking bitcoin as payment for their cars. So the sudden about-face is fucking weak. Just makes him a bitch IMO, whatever the reasoning.

Crypto could, theoretically, replace most of modern day banking. If someone was to compute the carbon footprint of that industry, and all the associated legacy payment rails and credit companies etc etc. it wouldn't even compare. The argument is disingenuous.

is this y u always go 2 the "rust wrangling hillbilly" routine when ppl laff @ ur unbridled faggotry on the internet?

If I'm conclusively proven to be wrong on any given topic I will say "shit, I was wrong, oh well".

Flash can't do this.

:shrug: i've seen flash do this with covid deaths.

once he took a look at the excess deaths chart and was able to make sense of it he came around and admitted that covid was way worse than what he had predicted.

What do you think the motivation was? Somebody in government threatening to take away subsidies?

i think he's using his influence to manipulate the market with the intent of buying more cryptos at a discounted price.

Last edited:
:shrug: i've seen flash do this with covid deaths.

once he took a look at the excess deaths chart and was able to make sense of it he came around and admitted that covid was way worse than what he had predicted.

i think he's using his influence to manipulate the market with the intent of buying more cryptos at a discounted price.

1 in 3 excess deaths in the US not directly caused by COVID-19

It's probably a lot higher than 1 in 3, if you want to consider all of the people who were denied medical procedures and shit simply because the hospitals were made into ghost town to prepare for all the covid patients that never showed up. If you include deaths assigned as COVID that weren't.

Last edited:
how many people were denied medical procedures and died as a result?

pretty sure only elective surgeries like facelifts and boob-jobs were put on hold, but if you had something seriously life threatening like an appendix that was about to burst you could get it taken care of.

lol.
doge going through the roof now.

something of note - ADA & MATIC have fared quite well through this storm.

Back