49" monitors. worth it?

JuggerNaught

Contributor
Veteran XX
I'm looking at upgrading my rig. This thing is like 15 years old and im getting my ass handed to me with this pitiful 1060 card. so its looking like time to upgrade

I'm thinking also about upgrading monitors are the 49" curved worth it? Seems like it could be, also seems like they are pretty damn expensive. Does anyone have one ?

large.jpeg

Not that you're actually going to listen to us, but I just did a crapload of research and ended up with these parts.

Monitor:
Just picked up the Monitor Flash originally posted, but 32 inch and 1440p. $279 at Costco. The LG 32GN63T to be exact. Can confirm no stupid RGB, just has red paint on the stand, and red paint on the back. Pretty much moot as I use a lift arm support and generally look at the display, not the back.

1440p is nice going from a 1080p 27 inch ASUS monitor. Everything is the same size, but more real estate. 4K would probably be dumb even at 32 inches.

Not that you're actually going to listen to us, but I just did a crapload of research and ended up with these parts.

Monitor:

looks like those were prime day deals

newegg has this for $999

Operating System: Windows 10 Home
CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5GHz (4.4GHz Turbo) 6-Core 12-Thread
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB
Chipset: Intel B660
RAM: RGB 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz (2x8GB)
SSD: 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD
CPU Cooler: Intel RM1
PSU: 600W 80 Plus Gold
Case: ASUS TUF Gaming GT301
Dimension: 18.98" x 8.43" x 16.77"
WiFi: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes
VR Ready: Yes
Peripheral: ASUS TUF Gaming Keyboard and Gaming Mouse

okay for 1k thats not bad im just saying if ur gonna upgrade 1 thing there is no reason not to if u have a spare 50 bux or watever it is

looks like those were prime day deals

newegg has this for $999

Operating System: Windows 10 Home
CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5GHz (4.4GHz Turbo) 6-Core 12-Thread
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB
Chipset: Intel B660
RAM: RGB 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz (2x8GB)
SSD: 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD
CPU Cooler: Intel RM1
PSU: 600W 80 Plus Gold
Case: ASUS TUF Gaming GT301
Dimension: 18.98" x 8.43" x 16.77"
WiFi: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes
VR Ready: Yes
Peripheral: ASUS TUF Gaming Keyboard and Gaming Mouse

If you're going to do a new build with last gen DDR4 at least do more than 16 gigs :picard:

That's also the locked version of the cpu, and the crappiest version at that. If you're going to cheap out, go with a z690 board, 16 gigs of ddr5, and an i3 or i5. That will give you an upgrade path for the future if you decide you want more grunt.

Here's a complete $500 machine that compares with your 1,000 machine.

I'm building this, most parts are Asus. I've got the 3090Ti, the cooler, and the 2TB Samsung 980Pro so far. I used the links in the video description. I've have a few ideas on the monitor that came up on Newegg deals.

He tells how to get Windows 11 for $30.

Juggs, build the machine yourself. It's not that hard if you watch a few videos. Find the CPU and Motherboard series you want, then search for that on YouTube. For example, I searched for Z690 Build and the above video came up, exactly what I'm looking for because I don't want liquid cooling.

Last edited:
...weird insult my guy

He's a really weird dude that nobody overtly has acknowledged I like 20 years. We need people to make fun of but the others are easy targets. Validuz is the dumbest, most delusional person on the forum, there are a bunch of schtick posters, the had right are too easy; it gets stale.

Tehvul is the most interesting shit poster.

Mr. Jimmy Pop is the most interesting helpful person.

Where do we go man? This is TW, we should get back to the roots.

just upgrade the fukin ram those screens with gysnc and all that shit are stupid i thot

gsync probably really outdated now tho so who knows

does pulling out a few more frames from screen really make u more pro? idk

Back