Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Midair Alpha Launching 26th March
Page 10 of 21
Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
181 - 08-26-2017, 10:41
How is it possible to spend this long developing this game. Do they work on it for two hours per day or what

Sponsored Links
Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
182 - 08-26-2017, 14:06
I would go back to Assend before I'd load this game up again.

It's terrible. The movement is complete ****. You feel like something is holding you back the entire time.

Even with all it's stupid gimmicks, Assend's movement was the closest to t1 as you can get.

I'll tell the developers of this game the same thing I said to Thrax's face at TWW about T:V, this game is going to go nowhere.

And to the tard who complained about no bots.... LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL LLLLL

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
183 - 08-26-2017, 14:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post

It's terrible. The movement is complete ****. You feel like something is holding you back the entire time.

Even with all it's stupid gimmicks, Assend's movement was the closest to t1 as you can get.

I'll tell the developers of this game the same thing I said to Thrax's face at TWW about T:V, this game is going to go nowhere.

And to the tard who complained about no bots.... LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL LLLLL
you have got to be retarded. did you actually play T1?

Ascend physics are nothing like T1. Midair is almost a direct copy. Goddamn this takes the cake for the dumbest thing I've read.

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
184 - 08-26-2017, 15:08
You're high as ****.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
185 - 08-26-2017, 15:37
If Midair is a direct copy of any aspect of T1 it is a cheap Chinese version that gets everything just wrong enough so that it still functions but not well. If they can refine the game it will be ok.

I didn't look much into this beta, they raised $128,000 from the kick starter campaign with the number of people that payed the money to get in the closed beta which just started I find it odd that there were about 60 people online total in all the servers.

They need the game to look a lot better and get some youtubers and streamers to try it out, having Total Biscuit on board for T:A helped get them some more money. The game really needs to be refined before that, just the look of it will stop most people from buying it, people that spend a lot on graphics card aren't going to be interested in game that looks like a game that can run on a phone or a tablet.

Not sure where the team spent their time on the game, lots of little options would help.

-not having the character being rotated automatically when using an inv station, nobody likes the loss of control of their character in a game. It was dumb decision, but having an option in game to turn it off would help.

-Zoom distance changes, T1 had it right when they put the box up on the screen so you could cycle through your ranges while not zoomed in. Even putting text on the screen saying 2x, 5x, 10x would be something but the box was the best for visual and intuitive. The fact it resets after you stop zooming is a pain, maybe they are still working that out but it feels tacked on by someone that never played tribes. In T1 it worked because you could spot your target, set your zoom, zoom and fire and go back to that same zoom distance to track that target. In Midair you zoom, adjust your zoom while tracking your target and either have to stay zoomed in while reloading for the next shot to stay that zoom range, or stop zooming in reload, zoom in and readjust the zoom distance. It feels awkward in Midair.

-icons for players need adjustments, even ea added adjustments for player icons with size, opacity and with another set of options when you look down sights. Can be adjusted in beta so isn't a major issue if it is solved.

-deployables are too difficult to see, and with weapons not having much splash damage the team that has some people setting up turrets wins. Shouldn't be difficult to fix in beta

-Mortar needs to feel like a mortar, right now it feels like a slightly more powerful grenade launcher. Like the other explosive weapons in the game the splash damage seems too little for a game with people moving very quickly. The range it fires doesn't seem far enough, and ammo seems low, although they may want people to deploy a station if they want more than 10 shots

-plasma gun seemed fine from what I saw

-chain gun has the very slow first 2 shots that makes it feel like it isn't working, very strange windup for a video game gun and doesn't make any sense

-crosshair options are needed, makes a major difference. Overwatch has recently added more options for theirs and it makes a big difference. At least give 3-5 options will help, all games do that.

I like tribes style games, I do want this game to succeed. I put lots of hours into all the tribes games over the years, even the ones that weren't good were better than nothing but if nobody plays this game it is pointless anyways.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
186 - 08-26-2017, 15:45
I'm shocked that this sucks

the other tribes sequels were such raging successes

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
187 - 08-26-2017, 15:53
The closest thing that I've ever seen resembling a solid attempt at recreating Tribes was the mod using Quake Wars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TrGWVqldEo

wasting time putting vehicles into a Tribes game is a huge red flag, that's a checkbox feature to fool people coming from other games into thinking it's some sort of "Battlefield" like experience.

If the maps are so big you need vehicles then you're doing it wrong.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
188 - 08-26-2017, 15:53
Quote:
You're high as ****.
I went directly from actively playing T1 to Midair and felt almost no difference.

What you said was factually wrong.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
189 - 08-26-2017, 16:21
similar to T1? for sure. almost direct copy? i wouldn't go that far

different gravity, way more horizontal air control, different type of jet control (letting off W is un-intuitive for anyone who played any tribes gamers previously), various 'perks' (that we dont call perks) that affect things like ground regen or vertical power, easier to ski which leads you to spend much less time on the ground compared to previous games and the extra speed/airtime spreads out the game over a larger area making the maps feel more empty

im not saying its bad... just noticeably different. like apples and oranges - in some ways they're very much the same - round fruit. the broad strokes are the same - but the details are completely different

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
190 - 08-26-2017, 19:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
I went directly from actively playing T1 to Midair and felt almost no difference.

What you said was factually wrong.
factually?

let me guess you're 400 lbs and want to stream midair instead of getting a job

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
191 - 08-26-2017, 19:18
Just leave him and his plate of paint chips to themselves.

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
192 - 08-26-2017, 19:25
Retiring next summer I hope this is the game that brings me back into gaming that brings me a little back into tribes the only game that ever really mattered to me

Tribes pretty much cost me my first marriage it better have been important

rtcll
VeteranX
Old
193 - 08-26-2017, 19:52
Quote:

what the **** are you talking about

ascend movement is nothing like t1

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
194 - 08-26-2017, 20:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
If Midair is a direct copy of any aspect of T1 it is a cheap Chinese version that gets everything just wrong enough so that it still functions but not well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yvFmi_q1M

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
195 - 08-26-2017, 20:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVeReD View Post
Tribes pretty much cost me my first marriage it better have been important
welcome 2 my sig

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
196 - 08-26-2017, 22:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
factually?

let me guess you're 400 lbs and want to stream midair instead of getting a job
It is factually wrong to say Ascend is closer to T1 than Midair.

The main difference between T1 and Midair is how you cling to the ground rather than bounce along it. But jet physics and route running are closer to T1 by far than Ascend.

I get it though. Most of you haven't played tribes in years and are letting nostalgia speak for you.

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
197 - 08-26-2017, 22:25
You using a fork or a spoon for those paint chips?

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
198 - 08-26-2017, 22:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
It is factually wrong to say Ascend is closer to T1 than Midair.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
199 - 08-26-2017, 22:33
Dear god it's like you were all complete ass at tribes and have spent more time arguing with retards on TW than you ever did playing T1.

Oh wait..I'm not wrong.

Adroit
VeteranXX
Old
200 - 08-26-2017, 22:57
Logged in yesterday for the first time, played for 30 minutes and didn't like how it felt. There is time to make improvements and I hope they do, but I don't like the game in it's current form.

Page 10 of 21

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Midair Alpha Launching 26th March

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex levert