Old
41 - 02-21-2017, 18:13

Sponsored Links
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
42 - 02-21-2017, 19:03
I want to frame the post from fool. It's that good. I'm going to post it to the Donald

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
43 - 02-21-2017, 19:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
I want to frame the post from fool. It's that good. I'm going to post it to the Donald
it is so good it would even red pill stefan molyneux

Rooster128
VeteranXV
Old
44 - 02-21-2017, 20:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
The SJW originated in the mid 80's with the rise of dual income households, which forced many children into cramped day care facilities where the children were required to compete with each other for the attention of single, childless women, who teach them that masculinity is shameful and toxic. As those same children entered their teenage years in the 90s, parents began catering to their children's incessant demands. It was a time of economic prosperity, and rather than teach their children any form of discipline or self-reliance, they provided them with every luxury available in order to satiate their tantrums.

Enter the 2000s, and the real boom of the internet. No longer just for nerds, social media platforms emerged and created a new space where the still attention starved brats could receive it in droves. It was not enough to have a few close friends, one's self worth was measured entirely by the number of friend counts on various platforms. Children learned that sharing empty platitudinous remarks would earn them more shares, more likes, more friends. It was no longer enough to lead a moral and virtuous life, one must now demonstrate that virtue to others. Dyed hair, visible tattoos and piercings, and eye-catching fashion choices became cultural norms to express individualism collectively. The act of not expressing virtue gradually becomes reprehensible. Facts and logic become meaningless in the pursuit of self-worth and value.

Finally we reach today, where decades of pointless, undeserved accolades have created a multi-generational group of ****ty writers, actors, and singers who were never really criticized for anything. They stare around the room, either still in their parents house or in a ****ty 3BR apartment they share with 8 people, and wonder where things went wrong. They got the 4 year college degree in Art History after 9 hard years of study, but they can't find work to pay off the $300,000 private school loans they took. Gone is the free cable, the free internet, the free housing, the free car, the free food, and they regress to the same tantrums they threw in day care. This is not fair. This is someone else's fault. I want what I had, and you have what I had, therefore you should give me what you have because I deserve things. Instead of self-reflection on the choices they have made, they now discover an adulthood of incompetence. They have no intrinsic value to society, and extreme cognitive dissonance sets in. I have no value, yet I've been told by everyone that I do. My book goes unpublished, my job is being replaced by an LED screen, I am not famous, I own no home, I have no kids, but if I update my facebook profile picture to show solidarity with Paris everyone acknowledges how amazing I am.

This marks the arrival of the social justice warrior. An attention starved adult child who cannot come to grips with the terrible choices they've made under the lax supervision of absentee parents. Their self-perceived victim status elevates their need for more attention, finding solace with other like-minded individuals, and making unreasonable demands based solely on even more virtue signaling. Standards of success are kept shockingly low, as the goal is merely to garner attention and not accomplishments. Marches for rights already obtained ensue, selfies at environment protests, carefully framed to avoid showing their litter, flood the internet. Praise is showered upon them from their vapid, meaningless social media echo chambers. Today we accomplished nothing, and it was amazing how much people appreciated it.
I'll admit, I fit into a lot of this. I definitely wasn't as monetarily wealthy as many people in this boat, but it was there. Thing is, I realize I ****ed up. Still have no idea what to do about it. And I'm not alone. Meanwhile colleges are still able to grind out college degrees out of people like me. I can say I'm a victim to myself, and of things around me. I don't really care. I just need to figure a way out of it.

And while we are being honest, I don't think this is really the definition of SJW. The term as I've argued is a bit of a misnomer. But there are plenty of people on the left who definitely fit your analysis to a T.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
45 - 02-21-2017, 20:04
You get out of it by grabbing a job starting at the ground floor and working up. It sucks but that's the way everyone else does it. As soon as you stop advancing for a long period, move on or sometimes staying put pays off

Rooster128
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 02-21-2017, 20:10
Now to find a job that doesn't drain my spirits.

I went to school to make art for games. It's what I've wanted to do since I was 8. No game jobs in Maine though. I'd warrant the next step is to save money to move to a place that offers those jobs, but with the amount I pay on loans, I never have any savings. I should take bam's advice and refinance...

Anyway, none of this has got to do with SJWs :P I'm seriously wondering how accurate Fool's hypothesis on how SJWs came to be is, but I imagine pretty it's very.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 02-21-2017, 21:58
Quote:
University of Washington Writing Guru Declares American Grammar ***8216;Racist,***8217; Wants New Rules

The chief writing instructor at the University of Washington, Tacoma, is trying to dismantle the rules of grammar because he believes they are racist***8212;and the college has given its endorsement to his campaign.

Posters that appeared this week in the college***8217;s writing center are part of a new effort to teach students that the conventional rules on how to structure sentences and form ideas in written language are perpetuating inequality and ***8220;white supremacy.***8221;

***8220;Racism is the normal condition of things. Racism is pervasive. It is in the systems, structures, rules, languages, expectations and guidelines that make up our classes, school, and society,***8221; the poster claims. It goes on to say that critiquing a student***8217;s use of language, or implying that there is any one grammatical standard within the English language, is inherently discriminatory.

The writing center director, Dr. Asao Inoue, is the brains behind the operation to up-end students***8217; regressive notions of language. He is a ***8220;searcher of anti-racist writing assessment,***8221; according to his Twitter profile, and has published two books on how to promote a ***8220;socially just future***8221; by dismantling academic structures that reward proper grammar and usage.

[.....]

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
48 - 02-21-2017, 21:59
wow

lol

RIP

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
49 - 02-21-2017, 22:04
fo stars

[N]PRIME189
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 02-21-2017, 22:13
Link to your the donald post when it's done please rayn

Fool has some great quips and is major reason I still come to tw

Go Noles!

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
51 - 02-21-2017, 22:47
^

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 02-22-2017, 09:12
Fool's post is great, but did that stuff really start in the 80s? Most of us are 80s kids and I don't feel like our generation is part of the "let's not keep score" crowd. Maybe I'm just mis-remembering, but it seems like the SJW thing was the generation after.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
53 - 02-22-2017, 09:26
maybe the early 90s at best. I was born in 79 and I definitely didn't grow up with any of that ****. It seems like my younger siblings born in 89 and to a lesser degree in 85 started seeing that **** - however they're both really normal and hard working with degrees in accounting and finance. It's probably my influence that turned them down the right path.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
54 - 02-22-2017, 09:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by [N]PRIME189 View Post
Link to your the donald post when it's done please rayn

Fool has some great quips and is major reason I still come to tw

Go Noles!
A Refreshing Take on the Origin of the SJW : The_Donald

enjoy stalking me on the reddits you ****s.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 02-22-2017, 10:16
Quote:
maybe the early 90s at best. I was born in 79 and I definitely didn't grow up with any of that ****. It seems like my younger siblings born in 89 and to a lesser degree in 85 started seeing that **** - however they're both really normal and hard working with degrees in accounting and finance. It's probably my influence that turned them down the right path.
I thought your generation was called Gen Y and that the millennials were those born in the mid 90's.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 02-22-2017, 10:33
Quote:
Yeah I was born in '74 and we still played dodge ball and even did air raid drills in elementary school. Nothing like hiding under a desk in case the commies nuked us

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
57 - 02-22-2017, 10:34
gen y is the millennials. Millennials are those born in about 1982+ so they'd be 18 at the turn of the millennium.

gen x is between the boomers and the millennials. I'm right on the cusp of being a millennial born in 12/79 and I identify with both generations. I grew up with the internet and "came of age" right before 2000. That just goes to show you can't just slap a label on a generation because there are no black & white lines.

I feel like personally my upbringing was more "gen x" in that I had recess and didn't have helicopter parents and I played outside until the street lights came on every night, but I still had exposure to the internet and was an early adopter of all social media **** (because I'm a nerd) so I kind of get the millennial thing also.

when people talk about millennials these days, they're really talking about generation z or the homeland generation. these are the kids that were born '93+ that were kids during 9/11 and started going to college during the great recession. they are just entering the workforce. those are the whiny brats no one likes.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
58 - 02-22-2017, 11:20
They didn't just appear instantly, it was a slow build. The reason I bring up the 80s is purely because that is when dual income families became a majority. By 1990 it was at it's current level of 60-65%. Around 6% of homes are single-mother homes as well, so around 70% of the total population of children today are subject to daycare scenarios.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
59 - 02-22-2017, 11:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
Fool's post is great, but did that stuff really start in the 80s? Most of us are 80s kids and I don't feel like our generation is part of the "let's not keep score" crowd. Maybe I'm just mis-remembering, but it seems like the SJW thing was the generation after.
participation trophies

gold stars on hw

pretty sure that is primarily a millenial generation thing

MadHatSam
VeteranX
Old
60 - 02-22-2017, 11:27
You knew the kids of the 90's and beyond were going to be a lost generation when they started banning dodge ball.

Page 3 of 13

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tell me about the SJW warrior

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert