Canadian Football - WTF?

Buffalo won't lose it's franchise man what are you smokin?

There was talk of moving the franchise to Toronto, it was pretty big news around 2008 or so. They even had a few Bills games in the city to see what the interest levels were.

The main argument against was that it would conflict with the (shitty) CFL team. They (rightly) speculated that if Toronto had an NFL franchise, even less people would give a shit about the CFL.

Canadian Football isn't that bad really. The 3 downs and wider fields make for some interesting plays. It's also obvious though that there's a disparity in talent though from the NFL.

What really sucks though is that the league is hopelessly small right now. Only 6 teams, and a couple other prospective expansions, but generally it's a lot of the same stuff and story lines that keep coming up again and again. It doesn't help either that Montreal has been dominant for the last year and a half as well, it could keep on going.

8 teams bruddah but still pretty slim I agree. I've been a season ticket holder for years and I still love going to CFL games. I like many of the subtle differences between the CFL and NFL rules and dimensions.

Having said that I think it's years may be numbered. It would seem that Toronto is indeed in line for an NFL expansion down the road somewhere and Montreal is viable as well I'll bet. When that Happens I think that could be the nail in the coffin for the CFL.

Till then...OSKEE WEE WEE!!

Bills games in Toronto have had dismal fan support lately.
Bills

It's pretty clear Obi barely knows anything about sports and acts like the tidbit of into he heard a couple years ago is still true today.

Montreal won't be able to support a franchise just like they weren't able to support the MLB franchise. People in Toronto, and to a lesser degree Montreal, only care about winning teams. Just look at what has happened with the Blue Jays this past couple of seasons. Absolutely shit attendance despite having the team with the most home runs.

Maple Leafs games are only sold out due to corporate support purchasing tickets for clients. Habs games are largely sold out due to season tickets passing down through the family and not wanting to lose them.

The NFL won't have a permanent home in Canada for a really long time.

1y7qc6.gif

No wonder nobody watches Canadian football.

obviously, the NFL has sucked the field goal kicking talent pool dry. That guy missed a 36yd field goal by about 46 yards.

Hey, why don't they use meters?

Back