Poop slammer.

edit: **** Fox News.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 05-07-2010, 11:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubsack View Post
I don't watch Fox News, but what you describe is what all media does by default. I never understood why everyone gets all up in arms about Fox.
because the people who cry the most about it happen to be people who disagree with Fox's viewpoint.

people on the other side, who ***** about MSNBC, only do so when someone *****es them about fox.

i'll let you figure out what that means

Vlasic
VeteranXX
Old
24 - 05-07-2010, 12:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
the fact that people who defend fox news use this 'come back' is laughable.

basically excusing the fact that fox news is **** because there is an equally ****ty perspective available for the other side as well.
to be fair we haven't had an MSNBC sucks thread in a while...

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 05-07-2010, 12:03
Quote:
because the people who cry the most about it happen to be people who disagree with Fox's viewpoint.

people on the other side, who ***** about MSNBC, only do so when someone *****es them about fox.

i'll let you figure out what that means
Oh, I get that aspect of it. It was more of a rhetorical question, because if people understood media, they are all just trying to sell a point of view. Regardless of whether or not you agree with it, believing that one company exaggerates more than the others is naive. They all do it, it is just a matter of which side they lean to...

There is no such thing as "news" anymore. It is all a form of entertainment, and more accurately, a platform for selling products.

Senty
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 05-07-2010, 12:05
The thing I find trully unethical at FoxNews is when they misreprepresent a story, interview someone who sets them straight, and then the next show right after the interview is talking about the same thing that was just disproven.

Zzyzxx
VeteranX
Old
27 - 05-07-2010, 12:09
Quote:
I don't watch Fox News, but what you describe is what all media does by default. I never understood why everyone gets all up in arms about Fox.
For one... they are the worse offenders. Secondly, the hypocrisy is what gets them all the criticism they receive.

Fair and Balanced? PA-LEEZE

They all suck. This is just the result of trying to fill 24 hours of television programming with news. You rush to fast to beat the competition, report inaccuracies and rattle off talking points so much it makes your brain melt. News should go back to the morning newspaper and nightly news cast.

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 05-07-2010, 12:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzyzxx View Post
For one... they are the worse offenders. Secondly, the hypocrisy is what gets them all the criticism they receive.

They all suck. This is just the result of trying to fill 24 hours of television programming with news. You rush to fast to beat the competition, report inaccuracies and rattle off talking points so much it makes your brain melt. News should go back to the morning newspaper and nightly news cast.
Worst offenders of what? Compared to who? By what metric? Not trying to defend them, I am honestly curious because I don't watch Fox News, at least not regularly.

And hypocritical in what ways? If you mean by view point, just about everything I watch is hypocritical to some degree. You just can't have 24 hours of news, with dozens of reporters, hosts, interviews, with out coming askew of your own talking points somewhere down the line. Like I said, genuinely curious.

I don't personally see Fox as being any worse than other companies in these ways, there has just been a major backlash against the conservative viewpoint, which puts conservative media in the cross hairs more.

And IMO it isn't the immediacy of the news, it is the companies trying to spin it one way or the other to fit their viewpoint. If they just reported the facts of the matter without opinion or editorializing, we wouldn't run into a lot the problems we have now.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 05-07-2010, 12:27
Quote:
Oh, I get that aspect of it. It was more of a rhetorical question, because if people understood media, they are all just trying to sell a point of view. Regardless of whether or not you agree with it, believing that one company exaggerates more than the others is naive. They all do it, it is just a matter of which side they lean to...

There is no such thing as "news" anymore. It is all a form of entertainment, and more accurately, a platform for selling products.
agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzyzxx View Post

i'm willing to bet they're only the 'worst offenders' to you because you disagree with their opinion. you're much less likely to find the people who agree with you, but report in a similar way, the 'worst offenders' regardless even if you admit they're doing the same thing.

the real difference is the republicans watch foxnews, realize its biased, but just accept it and watch it anyways.

the democrats watch it, ***** about it, and then continue to watch it.

(i'm speaking of those from each side that are not sheeple. both sides have parts that actually believe they are getting accurate, fair reporting on the issues from 'their' channel)

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 05-07-2010, 12:28
Quote:
Worst offenders of what? Compared to who? By what metric? Not trying to defend them, I am honestly curious because I don't watch Fox News, at least not regularly.

And hypocritical in what ways? If you mean by view point, just about everything I watch is hypocritical to some degree. You just can't have 24 hours of news, with dozens of reporters, hosts, interviews, with out coming askew of your own talking points somewhere down the line. Like I said, genuinely curious.

I don't personally see Fox as being any worse than other companies in these ways, there has just been a major backlash against the conservative viewpoint, which puts conservative media in the cross hairs more.

And IMO it isn't the immediacy of the news, it is the companies trying to spin it one way or the other to fit their viewpoint. If they just reported the facts of the matter without opinion or editorializing, we wouldn't run into a lot the problems we have now.
they're just bitter because Fox News crushes the others in ratings.

Last edited by Detox.enD; 05-07-2010 at 12:36..
--chaingun
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 05-07-2010, 12:48
msnbc is probably almost equally as terrible as a news source, but it's just not as funny as FOX. you don't get the hilarious patriotism and country music and american flags everywhere and glenn beck crying and chalkboards with hitler and mussolini and abe lincoln on it and sean hannity's hilarious statements...god i want to watch right now.

sadly this is probably part of the reason why it's so popular...those clever sons of *****es.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 05-07-2010, 12:52
yeah, you just find chris mathews being a complete idiot, and keith oberman acting like anyone gives a **** what he thinks or that he has some power.

--chaingun
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 05-07-2010, 12:56
it's almost like fox news knows they're hilarious so they play it up even more whereas msnbc still thinks of themselves as legit news which is more sad than funny. keith's melodrama is occasionally laughable, but most of the time it's just annoying.

on fox, everything from the aesthetics to the music to the **** they say seems hand-crafted to be amusing...it's like they have meetings discussing how they can be most hypocritical or say hilarious stuff.

[PoE]Anthem
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 05-07-2010, 13:11
Quote:
Worst offenders of what? Compared to who? By what metric?
...Worst offenders of patent idiocy, compared to anybody, using any metric.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 05-07-2010, 13:20
Quote:
lol well I'm glad you cleared this up. Do you have a blog, or can I sign up for your newsletter?

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 05-07-2010, 13:21
What's going on in hurr?

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
37 - 05-07-2010, 13:50
Quote:
yet they're not the mainstream media

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 05-07-2010, 14:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
lol well I'm glad you cleared this up. Do you have a blog, or can I sign up for your newsletter?
is there another reason?

surely you're not implying that people actually expect CNN, FoxNews, or MSNBC to fairly report on topics, especially when releated to politics, are you?

i mean... that would be pretty stupid to even think thats a possibility.

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
39 - 05-07-2010, 14:10
the least credible major network news....and the right eats it up....

Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 05-07-2010, 14:16
Megyn Kelly is steamy and all i watch is Fox News.

Page 2 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page I love watching FOX News

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
odio is a faggot , odio is a fucking retard , they took my son