Senator Stevens (R - Alaska) Indicted

AJ, why can't you just accept the fact that he thinks that the benefits (jobs, profits, taxes, less foreign oil needed) outweigh the negatives (damage to environment/tourism/eyesore/etc...)

His own explanations rely on things that he KNOWS are untrue. Is he really satisfied with his own complete bullshit answers? I just would like Triple's point of view to make a slight shitlick of sense to a sane person is all.

I guess you haven't heard, it isn't a shortage of oil, its a lack of refining capacity in the US.

So, unless more refineries are going to be built along with the magical north slope oil drilling, we gain nothing outside of the local economies.

I don't agree with the whiney fucking kid.

(and if he's not a kid living @ home with parents, then just wow)

I guess you haven't heard, it isn't a shortage of oil, its a lack of refining capacity in the US.

So, unless more refineries are going to be built along with the magical north slope oil drilling, we gain nothing outside of the local economies.

that's what's so amazing in all of this.

these people want to drill more domestic oil and toss a cup into a disappearing barrel, yet they never talk about upgrading refineries. it's a bunch of bullshit.

If they start drilling tomorrow it'll be a decade before you see the fruits of that labor.

and within a decade we could be moving closer towards:

• 50-70% nuclear energy
  • 25% wind/solar energy
  • industrial vehicles using quality american hybrid technology or better

and we could be EXPORTING environmental technology rather than calling it hippie shit like morons.

10 years of labor & investment for 1 years suppy (@ current us demand) is a great idea! Got to love republican math skills.
I heard it was 5 years and that it was enough to sustain the US for a year, without importing any other oil.

Now, that's unrealistic. We obviously will be importing oil from other countries until there's none left anywhere. Therefore drilling in ANWR would alleviate some of our pain temporarily, not subside it completely.

I don't agree with the people that think it would only effect our price by 1-2 cents though. People have their own agendas.

that's what's so amazing in all of this.

these people want to drill more domestic oil and toss a cup into a disappearing barrel, yet they never talk about upgrading refineries. it's a bunch of bullshit.

• 50-70% nuclear energy
  • 25% wind/solar energy

and we could be EXPORTING environmental technology rather than calling it hippie shit like morons.

These need to be done, otherwise we're pretty boned.

• 50-70% nuclear energy
  • 25% wind/solar energy

What planet do you live on?

We're not going to get anywhere near 75%-95% of our energy from non-hydrocarbons in 10 years :lol:

What planet do you live on?

We're not going to get anywhere near 75%-95% of our energy from non-hydrocarbons in 10 years :lol:

Bingo. It's too late. Too many years of GreenPeace Nuclear Energy is Eee-e-vil. France got it right. We didn't.

• 50-70% nuclear energy
  • 25% wind/solar energy

yeah but calling it hippie tree-hugger shit is so edgy.

Bingo. It's too late. Too many years of GreenPeace Nuclear Energy is Eee-e-vil. France got it right. We didn't.

It's also not economical right now and we lack the ability to build them ourselves. This is not to say we shouldn't pursue it, but it shouldn't be our main focus. We can do solar, wind, hydro and geothermal. We can also do bio though we are fucking the bio thing up via corn (not efficient). Efficiency is key, we need way more efficient liquid fueled engines and electric motors /compressors too. This new millage standard for cars is a joke, it should be twice what they came up with and they can do it.

It was that corrupt piece of shit Ted Kennedy that was vehemently against those windmills off the MA coast, right?

Hahaha, cancer is such perfect justice.

I hear wind, wind, wind all the time, but I've yet to hear any good answers to the drawbacks of highly variable output, transmission losses from so many separate generators, the pathetic energy storage technologies available, the constant output adjustment needed by the rest of the grid to compensate for the wind variance...

Solar is moving along admirably, but we need greatly improved storage tech to efficiently utilize either of them.

Fuck that shit, anyway. We're Americans, we should think bigger. We said we'd go to the moon, and we fucking did it. We should say we're going to make fusion work, and fucking do it. Make up a few hundred billion $, like we do for everything else, and "git 'er done" in the vernacular.

Back