Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend
Page 22 of 2009
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
421 - 03-13-2011, 15:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
I didn't realize that we had so many Tribes 2 homers on this site. T2 was a **** game and anyone who played T1 during its prime will agree. This game will fail just as all of the others have. The people who want T1 with better graphics will never get it because the learning curve is too extreme for the casual gamer, and the casual gamer is who companies make money off of.
ns

Sponsored Links
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
422 - 03-13-2011, 16:09
why not just play tribes 1 etc etc

u are all bitter nerds who live in the past and make urself depressed

we are having a new ladder and we are purposefully putting new inexperienced ****ty players onto teams and they are all getting a chance to learn how to play under the wings of the best

join 2day

ascend to the top!

DrMeithos
VeteranX
Old
423 - 03-13-2011, 16:18
LT or base?

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
424 - 03-13-2011, 16:19
LT ;-o

omggg LT is so horrible

skiing and flag passing and constant flag movement and dueling and chasing it is unplayable

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
425 - 03-13-2011, 16:19
gonna go out on a limb and guess LT...

edit: knew it!

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
426 - 03-13-2011, 16:22
Tribes 2 was a much better game in every way. T1 fanboys are just bitter about making the migration to T2 where they were bested by better players.

Synth
VeteranXX
Old
427 - 03-13-2011, 16:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
I didn't realize that we had so many Tribes 2 homers on this site. T2 was a **** game and anyone who played T1 during its prime will agree. This game will fail just as all of the others have. The people who want T1 with better graphics will never get it because the learning curve is too extreme for the casual gamer, and the casual gamer is who companies make money off of.
did you try playing tribes 2:next? Im not saying tribes 2 was good, but for a T1 player this was the the best game play compared to tribes 1.

Synth
VeteranXX
Old
428 - 03-13-2011, 16:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Tribes 2 was a much better game in every way. T1 fanboys are just bitter about making the migration to T2 where they were bested by better players.
you really have no idea what you are talking about

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
429 - 03-13-2011, 16:28
He really doesn't.

DrMeithos
VeteranX
Old
430 - 03-13-2011, 16:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post
LT ;-o

omggg LT is so horrible

skiing and flag passing and constant flag movement and dueling and chasing it is unplayable
You think there wasn't skiing, flag passing, flag movement, dueling, or chasing in base? I'm sorry you missed out. Competitive 10v10 was sooooooo much better than LT. The only way I'd come out of retirement would be to play turrent farmer.

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
431 - 03-13-2011, 16:38
Heavy on Flag!!!

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
432 - 03-13-2011, 16:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post
did you try playing tribes 2:next? Im not saying tribes 2 was good, but for a T1 player this was the the best game play compared to tribes 1.
It's not just the game itself. The T1 community in the late 90's during the peak of OGL was in itself one of the pieces of the puzzle. You can have a ****ty game with a good community and its still a ****ty game. You can have a great game with a ****ty community and its not the same. T1 managed to combine an innovative game with a hardcore community. There will never be anything like it.

Every time I hear about another Tribes "mod", "game", "project", etc, I barely raise an eyebrow because they will never capture the magic that was T1. You can only lose your virginity once.

KiLLeR2001
VeteranXV
Old
433 - 03-13-2011, 16:52
I remember when T2 came out. I laughed at it continuously for several minutes then continued to play T1.

Darklord
VeteranX
Old
434 - 03-13-2011, 16:52
So why the **** are you and everyone else still looking for it? If you are just going to proclaim over and over that "It will never happen again!", we get your damn point.

Great, ok, T1 at it's prime will never happen again. We have heard. Now why don't you stop incessantly *****ing about how no game will ever be good again, and try to enjoy games for what they are. Spamming every thread related to any game that has any minute relation to tribes with the fact that it won't be T1 again got old like 5 years ago.

Games that are like tribes (or are tribes, in the case of legions) can be good games without magically making you 19 again. Not playing games because they aren't the exact same as T1 just means you are missing out on a bunch of good ones that are very similar to what you like the most.

Mangle-Me-Elmo
VeteranXX
Old
435 - 03-13-2011, 16:53
oh man i wo uld so buy a game that made me 19 again

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
436 - 03-13-2011, 16:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMeithos View Post
You think there wasn't skiing, flag passing, flag movement, dueling, or chasing in base? I'm sorry you missed out. Competitive 10v10 was sooooooo much better than LT. The only way I'd come out of retirement would be to play turrent farmer.
yeah everyone who likes playing LT never played base

oh naive

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
437 - 03-13-2011, 16:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
So why the **** are you and everyone else still looking for it? If you are just going to proclaim over and over that "It will never happen again!", we get your damn point.

Great, ok, T1 at it's prime will never happen again. We have heard. Now why don't you stop incessantly *****ing about how no game will ever be good again, and try to enjoy games for what they are. Spamming every thread related to any game that has any minute relation to tribes with the fact that it won't be T1 again got old like 5 years ago.

Games that are like tribes (or are tribes, in the case of legions) can be good games without magically making you 19 again. Not playing games because they aren't the exact same as T1 just means you are missing out on a bunch of good ones that are very similar to what you like the most.
Ha, I'm not *****ing. I just find it hilarious how everyone here gets their hopes up for another round of the same disappointing ****. I'd prefer if they would just let the Tribes franchise die instead of polluting it with garbage console games. Tribes is dead, all that's left is a toilet bowl full of vehicles and Bioderms.

Enlightened One
VeteranXX
Old
438 - 03-13-2011, 16:59
Well...I'm at least a little excited.

I just hope the damn thing will actually run on my machine. One of T2's biggest problems (apart from the slow gameplay) was that it didn't run smoothly on every machine.

I don't know why T:V didn't succeed. I remember the beta being pretty fun. I must confess that I never actually bought the game though. I wasn't playing many games at the time.

I will probably buy Ascend purely for nostalgia's sake. I hope it's good.

Mangle-Me-Elmo
VeteranXX
Old
439 - 03-13-2011, 16:59
i can't tell if it's a good point or just a long one which means it probably isn't good

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
440 - 03-13-2011, 17:02
i really just want a tribes mmo bring that one back

i dont give a **** about competitive gaming anymore i just want to ski around and kill things which are easy to kill then somehow feel like i've done something productive after a few hours

this is not sarcasm either - i think if u are over 20 (over 18?) and still care about gaming competitively u are gay

Page 22 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay