Ice Terrain with Grid

OK here's the dark terrains w/o the grid

sshot0064.jpg

Link

I didn't do ice for some reason but will if it's wanted

While playing I noticed that in some configs that players seem to be more hi res 3D and easyier to see,plus have a really good shadow. What causes this and how can I get it?
I like the bright terrains and sky's because I'm blind, would brighter look better?

Thanks

shadows can be enabled in clientprefs

imo light terrains are bad for visibility - flag glow is much easier to see on a dark terrain than a light one

idk why stork thinks that all-light-brown one patch terrain is a good thing - you lose all the patches that determine grenade bounce differences, and its harder to see fielded flags imo

but to each their own

shadows can be enabled in clientprefs

imo light terrains are bad for visibility - flag glow is much easier to see on a dark terrain than a light one

idk why stork thinks that all-light-brown one patch terrain is a good thing - you lose all the patches that determine grenade bounce differences, and its harder to see fielded flags imo

but to each their own

CHEATERS

I use the brown terrains because I like how they look. I've also never bothered with learning the sticky patches for grenades. Nor do I have any trouble seeing flags/players. But I can see why other people would. I guess I just like seeing the shadows on the brown terrain.

I also came to the conclusion a long time ago that skins/configs don't really matter as much as people think. As long as you have decent fps and vsync disabled via gpu control panel, with enhanced mouse pointer turned off for windows, nothing is really game changing. I have consistently changed skins/configs/mouse sens/fov/resolution and I've always been the same player. Pft/terp can make a difference but I personally don't recommend setting terp to 0.

Comes down to pc hardware, desk setup, experience, natural talent, desire to be great, and an open mind willing to listen to others.

Last edited:
ya to each their own, i agree the little things dont make much of a difference

I have. It doesn't affect me at all. I switched off the brown terrain for long periods and never felt like I had been playing with an advantage. The really dark custom lush terrains are def a disadvantage tho.

if one more label try to stop me there gon be some dread head niggas in your lobby

Back