Anyone still unemployed? by JuggerNaught - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Anyone still unemployed?
Page 1 of 3
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 06-06-2021, 10:20
I hear people *****ing about no jobs or how low restaurants pay. Restaurants are *****ing because there are no workers and most of them have increased pay. I think even mcdonalds is starting at something like $17/hr now. Who is still looking for a job besides waiters and bartenders

Sponsored Links
Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 06-06-2021, 10:37
restaurants r typically run by sleazy ****bags and tbh they're now enjoying some capitalism - u gotta pay and treat ppl well if u want them 2 stay

apparently $17/hr w/ no benefits and expected 2b on call 7 days a week w/ irregular scheduling is less than wat the free labor market demands

tech fag cube dwellers should learn a thing or 2 from the fryolator jockeys and go on strike

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3 - 06-06-2021, 10:46
restaurants around here have been doing delivery and curbside service for months. I'm pretty sure they can outlast people who's singular skill is carrying a plate of food.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 06-06-2021, 10:46
Sweet Donny T is still on the breadline

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 06-06-2021, 10:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
Sweet Donny T is still on the breadline

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 06-06-2021, 11:13
Last time I was unemployed, I think I was maybe 12 years old. Not sure though. I would think $17/hour should get a high school kid. Do kids work anymore? Idk.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 06-06-2021, 11:19
I think working is now considered a microaggression

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 06-06-2021, 11:22
A couple years ago I tried to negotiate my pay up since I had a new job lined up. They refused any increase so I quit, leaving the company with 1 technician, that later quit, then having no technicians for site installations or support or anything. They called me back a couple months ago and offered me something like a $12/hr raise. Pretty good times now.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 06-06-2021, 12:12
That***8217;s how it works king. I got a $10/hr raise doing that once.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 06-06-2021, 12:31
how can this be possible

i was led to believe that burger prices would skyrocket and the business would completely collapse if mcdonalds workers were paid 17/hr

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 06-06-2021, 13:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSobieski View Post
A couple years ago I tried to negotiate my pay up since I had a new job lined up. They refused any increase so I quit, leaving the company with 1 technician, that later quit, then having no technicians for site installations or support or anything. They called me back a couple months ago and offered me something like a $12/hr raise. Pretty good times now.
Welcome back ****er, we need updates on your projects stat. Did your 2 liter bottle raft make it to japan and back, is the drywall done, what about the side by side and hot tub?

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 06-06-2021, 14:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
how can this be possible

i was led to believe that burger prices would skyrocket and the business would completely collapse if mcdonalds workers were paid 17/hr
That***8217;s why McDonalds now caters to the elites with their high end McCafeŽ

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 06-06-2021, 15:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
how can this be possible

Bookmarking this. Me thinks will come in handy in a few short years. There used to be a time where buying into a fast-food franchise like McD was a solid investment. Now? The only way the owner will be able to see a decent return on the investment is by raising the costs but IIRC, McD sets the prices and the owner of the franchise must abide. I am sure there is some wiggle room based on geographic location, but I am not too sure about that.

If the individual owners cannot increase the prices of the food to cover the new costs of labor, they will sell it, and all those people will then be unemployed.

Just need to give it time.

Or, you know, fire all the legal citizens and hire illegal aliens for $5 an hour.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 06-06-2021, 15:19
We went to our local hole in the wall mexican spot last night. Sign on the door announcing increases in entrees with meat in them effective in a few weeks if prices are still up.

The margaritas were cheap and delicious though.

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
15 - 06-06-2021, 16:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edofnor View Post
restaurants r typically run by sleazy ****bags and tbh they're now enjoying some capitalism - u gotta pay and treat ppl well if u want them 2 stay

apparently $17/hr w/ no benefits and expected 2b on call 7 days a week w/ irregular scheduling is less than wat the free labor market demands

tech fag cube dwellers should learn a thing or 2 from the fryolator jockeys and go on strike
weird cuz cube jockies make like 30/hr in dallas

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 06-06-2021, 16:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edofnor View Post

This reads like it was written by an insane person with Tourette Syndrome, but it's factually correct. Repped.

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 06-06-2021, 16:26
Soros gave me a good raise

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
18 - 06-06-2021, 16:30
i quit and georgypoo begged me to come back with a guaranteed $10/hr pay raise

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 06-06-2021, 16:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanthious View Post
weird cuz cube jockies make like 30/hr in dallas
they could be making $130 if they were half as clever as the glorified conveyor belts @ restaurants

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 06-06-2021, 16:49
No they couldn't.

Page 1 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Anyone still unemployed?

Social Website Bullshit