The History of Late-Gen LT(2005-Present)

That was a great read. I love reading these Tribes stories. Opsayo posted one too a few years ago iirc, but I cannot find the link (edit: http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630259). When I stopped playing competitively in 2004-early 2005ish the top LT teams were |V|, wtf|, .dot, kee (blatant cheaters), anonymous (really blatant cheaters), $G$, and others I am sure I am forgetting. I am surprised I remember that many. The community was awesome. Everyone took it stupidly seriously, but that led to tons of pickups and pubs and cm and weird personalities. Good times. Best game.

oh and as it relates to base, I always found this hilarious:

random said:
HT vs NuTz - Rollercoaster - TWL 02/28/01

This demo features how Bionic killed Tribes.

My memory is probably a bit off. Plus my words don't give justice to how great this battle was.

Tribes 2 was on the verge of release.
The OGL had just been abandoned, competition was ripe on the TWL, High Tolerance had just challenged NuTz for #1.
Rumors were abound of NuTz all using cheats like no-fog, and they'd been picking maps like Cloak of Night or Obfuscation as tiebreakers in challenges.
HT had recently beaten the favorite =V=, which was stacked with former S3 members.
TsN's lines were saturated with listeners, and the channel had perhaps more users than it'd ever had. This was to be a battle of epic proportions.

The maps were Raindance, Rollercoaster, and NuTz's favorite, the one with all the fog, Obfuscation.

In what seemed like an eternity, HT managed to win Raindance by a close 6-5.
The next map was Rollercoaster - HT had to win. They were at a guaranteed disadvantage if it went to a 3rd map, NuTz' best one.

Spinfusors were primed, and the match begun.

The two teams exchanged caps for the entire 25 minutes, until the time was up, and a result that nobody expected had occurred.
It was a tie.

People were going crazy with anticipation on IRC as the match was about to go into overtime. Cheat accusations towards NuTz were starting to flood in.

Seconds ticked away, and the match began.
Like a clash of the titans, each teams offense rushed to the enemies base, eager to cap.
Within minutes, clamsoda had managed to grab via a back cap, and was flying home with a clear shot of victory in sight.
There were no chasers, no enemies waiting at his flag stand, all he had to do was touch the NuTz flag to his, and victory was guaranteed.

shok had just finished clearing for clam, and was taking off on his second run.
The two cappers passed rapidly on their way between bases. shok gleefully turned, to watch clamsoda rocket towards the HT flag stand.

Milliseconds before clamsoda was to capture, he was accidently blocked by Bionic.
clam bounced off, and was then killed by a stray mortar. NuTz managed to return the flag, and then cap to win the second map.

The battle went to the 3rd map, Obfuscation, NuTz pulled off a victory, and IRC/Tribalwar were filled with cheat accusations.
Amongst the accusations, fraggle posted a video of a mortar hitting an HT capper directly through the fog.
[MiSFiT-RG-] (or a friend, I forget) then posted NuTz's hidden advantage - the cheats that would kill Tribes. Over the next few days, irc logs of conversations of Strega trying to weasel the cheats out of HaPpY/Entr0phy had surfaced.

Teams dropped from the TWL, some retired, others moved on to Tribes 2.

Tribes was dead - all thanks to Bionic.

Around 8 months later, Tribes was "alive" again, and started its waxing and waning over the years until the present day. Over the years, Team Rabbit was released, ego's clashed, cheaters were ousted, then later reaccepted as pillars of the community. Mod players slowly started moving to base, a few other epic battles between teams like Knights of Volace, Wolfpack (originally practically a NuTz remake with i$ players), and Trademark waged countless more battles for the #1 rank. LT was released, people started playing again, then people found out about interpolation, whined a bunch on the forums about it. Andrew and a small group of people started modding Tribes, LastHope/Hudbot came out. A Throwback tournament took place, some veterans returned, other new players started to improve, the epic movie Legacy came out, more people joined/left quietly, a few others posted retirement threads, only to return 6 months later.
Many a war was fought.

This post is my way of telling just a tiny amount of the history that took place over the years in the best game ever - Starsiege: Tribes.

Someone had to write one eventually, and I was bored/also eating dinner when I clicked on the thread. My dinner is now cold.

Last edited:
i think it was around 04-05 when non and i stopped making teams together. it just was not fun. i had gotten really good at chasing, he had gotten really good at home d. i was extremely bored and tired of stacking the same team over and over + playing chase defense. i said fuck it and started making teams to try to make it competitive and started capping (leet llaming) non took it as disrespect whatev

i feel like i have a unique perspective on the whole LT thing because i was playing with a crew that really started the whole 3 o 2 d scheme. When LT really blew up (past the masters and BITCH) there was a period of about 1-1.5 years that the scheme hadn't picked up, and teams didn't figure out flag passing.

i also remember all the ren guys figuring out LT which was a pretty good influx of competition. anemix would regularly create teams that was good competition for non and i's teams, and that was my favorite time in tribes. that and smashing one dimensional ctf players who had no idea wtf was going on

Last edited:
stork missed a huge part of this if we r having sperg meeting doods like snow and copa getting majorly left out of pu scene me too and even lost

Last edited:
stork missed a huge part of this if we r having sperg meeting doods like snow and copa getting majorly left out of pu scene me too and even lost

stork u weren't playing after the first draft like we were

we sat in obs every pu available waiting 4 spots u were like on arcane beer league teams i not try 2 be insulting this is just reality

copa was beastly with cg for like a decade ppl said he choked cuz he never commit to anything till like wat 2010?

snow had an extremely hard timeg etting picked around 05 then searats + pub dominance and misses put him on the map as a good player

we all came in right around the end of dutch's most epic heater and after when chump came around for a 2nd time

once ppl started to obs this type of stuff though every1 got very good quickly that was competitive ;(

hey this is all I remember. I wasn't around for some of the stuff u mentioned. I also wasn't a member of the community for some part of 05, I was just a pubber. I missed the early days of you and the end time of dutch. I do remember chump coming back and owning almost every pu. I might try to write in some of the server stories like chump banning you from your own server and why hackington and sanctuary kept switching back and forth as the main pu server. This is just all from my perspective anyways. opsayo and you should do similar things so ppl can learn different stories.

i think it was around 04-05 when non and i stopped making teams together. it just was not fun. i had gotten really good at chasing, he had gotten really good at home d. i was extremely bored and tired of stacking the same team over and over + playing chase defense. i said fuck it and started making teams to try to make it competitive and started capping (leet llaming) non took it as disrespect whatev

i feel like i have a unique perspective on the whole LT thing because i was playing with a crew that really started the whole 3 o 2 d scheme. When LT really blew up (past the masters and BITCH) there was a period of about 1-1.5 years that the scheme hadn't picked up, and teams didn't figure out flag passing.

i also remember all the ren guys figuring out LT which was a pretty good influx of competition. anemix would regularly create teams that was good competition for non and i's teams, and that was my favorite time in tribes. that and smashing one dimensional ctf players who had no idea wtf was going on

I've heard some conflicting stories about who started the 3 o 2 d scheme and who invented the modern day home D. Anemix says he did it with snakes and Non says he did it. Care to shed some light onto this?

oaky

every1 in top 2 teams maybe even 3 at times was buds cuz the pu scene was closed off on like fukin temple of haji

everything was ppl having a good time and just pushing themselves competitively there was more than enough to goa round

so teams just got reformed as ppl got bored

every1 knew where ppl lined up generally obviously alliances happened and innovation but ppl werent bad 2 each other generally unless u were talking cdc hackers and these doods were blatant as fuck not like sleepy i played during that whole tiem

the pu scene also bred ppl that were kinda wild cards and was very grass roots way of farming talent for a long time when LT had a few numbers

keep in mind this is all after tribe was long dead

gfg

with the original elite hackers we had myself/non/snakes/darksoul/darkforce. non would lo and ds/df would cap and snakes home d'd and i dunno why anemix would of said that. his teams starting out usually would stack the defense

as for modern home d innovation they were nearly tied. i'd give the edge to snakes however for the flag passing and keeping, that and 'smales' really set him apart from how standoffs were done

most epic thing in tribe i ever saw other than me vs like 6 ppl in shifter was dutch consistently killing usually last second ma'ing ppl that played be capper side on sh running the w-e return route

i have never seen that since even chump couldn't do that shit

he would go 8-lowscorehere vs stacked teams on ds sh side

snow was only other player to do this in later gen LT imo (fuck u chumpdan)

ya snakes played the flag in the field from wat ive seen indemos and that wasnt being done before

ppl were farming home d out to shinrtuu and creat!ve on top #1 teams b4 this

255 was really the beginnings of the best generation of tribe players

they had an arena team too i believe

st0rk i was honorary ink irc member not own/kill

my own story is just pu drama because i was not around for ladder

may b next time i pop mdma i will spill beans again

i was around for ladder, but i didnt play seriously - 2 much werk. i smurfed pretty frequently back then for some of anemix teams

imo ladder meant shit after like viva or maybe pushing it anachronism

after that it was just stacked team vs stacked team of buds purely

and before that itw as mostly that anyway

like japanda hosting mass apc races etc LOL

ok i added elite hackers/rangers beating teams down a man in 2006.

ops, how could u be on ink if ink was LT only and you hated LT then?

ok had LT team and base team with a crapload of members.

like my first time playing LT was copa and sideslash both top pu picks @ time putting me on chase and triple chasing for me the dood down 2 red then letting me kill him

i got 36 cks on dx and copa start spamming DARE 36CK 4ever etc

and after that i am puing a bunch killing doods till some fucking acrophobiak make me LO on his chewbacaa team

@ this point i go 2 arena and back to shifter and reculse in tribe rpg where realy pro gamers congregated

Back