Tuning changes for 05, open beta

SA-WEET. Everything sounds pretty good. Still not entirely sure on the grapple changes but fuck it. I'm honestly not worried about it any more. Time to play! :D

With 05 finalized, open beta can't be more than two days off, tops. (I hope)

I'd love to see a T:V banner on the front page of Fileplanet when I wake up tomorrow. :bigthumb:

Mike (or Ed)... YOU ROCK!

so happy that flag grappling is gone. not that it isn't a real good idea. it could be awesome, but i don't like the idea of the 'now-you-see-it. now-you-don't' crap of it automatically going to whomever caught it with their hook. no drag-to-player motion and it's just an annoyance.

thanks much!

w00t w00t

sounds cool
what about the water though?
i want my skipping off it if im going fast
now you basically have to be going real fast and have an angle under 5 to skip
it kills the best route on isle

Vivrant said:
sounds cool
what about the water though?
i want my skipping off it if im going fast
now you basically have to be going real fast and have an angle under 5 to skip
it kills the best route on isle
Ah, sorry, that won't be fixed for open beta unfortunately. I feel your pain though. Water skiing is great...I guess it's something you can look forward to being fixed when the game's released,
KP

KineticPoet said:
Ah, sorry, that won't be fixed for open beta unfortunately. I feel your pain though. Water skiing is great...I guess it's something you can look forward to being fixed when the game's released,
KP

Does that mean open beta won't have patches/multiple releases? That does pretty much make it a demo then (though the term beta covers for bugs better than demo).

Changes sound logical and good to me.
Roll on with the beta :rocker:

One thing tho: make the Healthbar colored >_<

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the Open beta would start directly after the Fileplanet week long beta. How can the open beta supposedly be starting if the FP beta hasn't even begun yet? Perhaps they're not going to do the FP thing after all, in any event I just want to play the beta, reading all these threads about people in the beta makes me NEED it all the more.

Predators Rage said:
I was under the impression that the Open beta would start directly after the Fileplanet week long beta. How can the open beta supposedly be starting if the FP beta hasn't even begun yet? Perhaps they're not going to do the FP thing after all, in any event I just want to play the beta, reading all these threads about people in the beta makes me NEED it all the more.
The week-long subscriber thing is still considered open beta since they're not limiting who's allowed to participate other than $$.

Back