[T2] Vengeance mod

The hook line animates into the sky fairly often, not just for player attachments. The line points straight up regardless of where you hook. I was able to get it to do this indoors and out, grappling to players, objects, etc..

The hook also acts freaky under certain circumstances, usually when changing speed or direction. I was killed by impact damage on numerous occasions this way. Most of the time the rope simply breaks unexpectedly...

When hooking a Shrike, you can get it into a spin by yanking on it a little. Very funny to watch.

I like the way the Buckler, Burner, and Catapult turned out. The Buckler especially. I wish Tribes 1 code was as flexable just for that reason.. ;) If you could remove the lock and warning sounds if would be perfect.

I don't know if ZOD is using my last grappler code in the latest build... from these bugs I'd say yes. I don't know why the line goes up to the sky. Grappling onto moving objects isn't fine tuned yet, I want to work out the bug where it throws you off at great speeds for no reason.

I'll be heading off to a family trip for the next week (yay...), so I'm putting a lot of effort to come up with a better version until the wekend.

This is the last time I write before heading off to glorious Croatia at 6 am tomorrow. Learning from the failure of T2 I'm not going to release my code as it is still riddled with bugs. I'll have plenty of time in the next 6 days to organize my thoughts a bit, and start coding once again with renewed power. :)

Too bad we'll be playing open beta by the time I finish...

Guess we wont' be seeing you in T:V, berk. This mod is modelled pretty close to T:V, while lacking the different maps and the amount of polish, among other things, it's close.

Oh well, guess you'll have to troll the CS2 forums or something, bye.

lol, if this is T:V i guess you wont' see me either. But I don't think it will be too much like T:V... lots of similarities, but T:V's physics will be different, atmosphre will be different, grappler will definetly be different, and i'm still convinced that the buckler in this MOD is not as sensitive as it will be in T:V... this is a nice little thign to test stuff out but yeah, how accurate is, I don't know.

i take it back though. i'm getting T:V anyways.

KillerONE said:
Guess we wont' be seeing you in T:V, berk. This mod is modelled pretty close to T:V, while lacking the different maps and the amount of polish, among other things, it's close.

Oh well, guess you'll have to troll the CS2 forums or something, bye.

Coming from someone who hasn't played T:V, that means a lot ;)

Only similar aspect is the use of all the object names, other than that it's amatuer crap.

berkowitz said:
Coming from someone who hasn't played T:V, that means a lot ;)

Only similar aspect is the use of all the object names, other than that it's amatuer crap.

Of course it's amateur crap. It's a beta product being shoved out the door in a few weeks time. T:V has over a year of time spent on it. The Vengeance mod crew is working for free on their own time trying to shoehorn new functionality into an old engine.

By the same token, your posts are amateur crap. Nobody would ever pay you to put your article in a magazine; as it stands, nobody wants to listen to you anyways. Why don't you go get a degree in English and have every post be a 3 page essay on your runny-nosed bitching.

ZOD said:
Sorry it took so long.

The gen may have been just outside of the turrets radius. The turret uses a spehere not a box, so height comes into play, max range of it is at the floor.

Left and Right are as you look at the gens <<<====

No problem. That is Kata. The left gen is directly opposite the turret to it's left on the other side of the wall. (The turret is on the floor against the base of the wall in the hall with the 'dip' in it that passes to the left of the gen room). It's the right gen that is up, but it is the furthest away. The left gen is closest and is down, but shows a greenbar status of being up.

Edit - We know it was down, greenbar not withstanding, because Plasmatic killed the right gen as a test and depowered the base.

Last edited:
Back