Thoughts on 4.3?

Coworker brought up an interesting point about the model-swapping. He wondered if people will take that better PvP gear and swap it out with say... A t3 set could that "trick" the other arena team into making mistakes during the fight? I never played arena but the few junkies I have met would swear many games are won or lost on using proper CDs at the right times. Mind you this seems to be at the higher ratings where people get more competitive and less "farming for a weapon". Would it be possible you could "trick" opposing arena teams into thinking you have worse gear than you actually do and could that actually make or break a fight?

The preview said nothing about such things, simply went on about the "nostalgia" trips you could take, etc.

Yea JM. I can add you to officer status. The reason RBGs never took off is because none of our guys really cared about PvP. They just showed up. So we'd have maybe 5-6 people that actually wanted to do it, we'd get two from TC in Nat and Yilumi (but even they weren't THAT interested) and so we'd always have to pug a couple. Zeph showed up because he happened to be on, and has 0 resil. Others were showing up with 3k resil when some of us were at 4k. They didn't BG enough to really get the fullset. Just had some blues, epics they got from BH, and maybe a weapon.

I PuG'ed a lot of RBGs since then and found a guild on Tich that does it but they're not exceptional either. I ended up with Dour in Alterac Mountains on a char to see if I can get past the mediocrity with a real group.

Coworker brought up an interesting point about the model-swapping. He wondered if people will take that better PvP gear and swap it out with say... A t3 set could that "trick" the other arena team into making mistakes during the fight? I never played arena but the few junkies I have met would swear many games are won or lost on using proper CDs at the right times. Mind you this seems to be at the higher ratings where people get more competitive and less "farming for a weapon". Would it be possible you could "trick" opposing arena teams into thinking you have worse gear than you actually do and could that actually make or break a fight?

Feral druids in PvE gear are pretty common, maybe partially because you can't see their gear. However, you can't transmogrify legendary weapons and will always know at the start of the match if you're going to lose because the enemy DPS has two shadowmourne analogues. :bigthumb:

The first shot would make it obvious based on the damage they take or put out, nobody would be dumb enough to get fooled by a cosmetic disguise

Eh, the coworker mentioned it when he read about it but it is a moot point. Both of us are unsubbed so it wouldn't matter to either of us now.

I think just about any time spent on a video game is a waste of time. It's something to do to wind down after work at this point for most TWers.

yes adren that is true, but im not sure if it is possible to "wind down" with WoW, im pretty sure for the most part the people who play wow, play wow til they develop CTS n gain 80lbs.

but i see you are a sc2 player, so i will leave you out of that group. Add me on sc2, blingking.635

adren, how can you play a manly game like sc2 yet still play a queer game like wow? is it some internal struggle with your closet feminine side?

I haven't played SC2 seriously since they added masters/GM. I was just a diamond player.

WoW PvP is still fun for me. I am bored to shit of the PvE. But yea, I agree, most of the PvP modifications never make much sense because of the PvE balance that it must achieve for DPS. It's kind of lame. There's not much to play at the moment but I'm really looking forward to a competitive FPS game, whichever that maybe between BF3, CS:S:S:S:S ver 16.9 or Tribes Ascend.

There is literally nothing else currently that I would enjoy playing enough to switch from WoW.

SC2 would require that I play a helluva lot more than I do now to be competitively good and to keep myself sharp enough. So I'd end up either in high diamond or maybe low masters and be frustrated as hell losing to people I know I could beat if I played as much as they did. That was the sole reason I stopped SC2. Now I play MONOBATTLES FOR FUN!

I think I can still play an FPS game competitively playing just a couple-3 hours a night and I'm positive that I'll go nowhere in SC2 playing that much given how many people make it their job.

Last edited:
Oh and Happy, in RBGs, there are a lot less balance issues. There's no real 'counters' unless you're talking maybe 3 vs 4 heals. It's a lot different than arena. I think you would have enjoyed this more than the arenas we frustratingly played.

i always enjoyed battlegrounds... and i probably would like rated BGs but its way way too late for that. they shouldve had RGBs before arena imo (and not had arena at all). WoW is reaching the end of its product lifecycle and has otherwise been going downhill due to the evil jew ginger's policies.

have you ever given a dota game a chance? theres league of legends which tons of TW folks including myself play and dota2 which will be released soon. both are free2play and considered esports.

Copa you would like organized PVP in WoW (at least back in the day). It took all the same instincts that good FPS games do. If you were fantastic, you could take 3-4 guys down with you np. If you knew when to juke, when to counter and with what, you could end up with some really awesome times. The rest of WoW is just people filling their desire for social interaction and the basic male need/want to work on something and see it upgraded.

Sadly most of this is now absent from WoW; and most of us who do play are just collectively waiting for the next big thing to arrive.

For me it's BF3, D3 and SW:TOR. Tribes Ascend too I guess.

I never gave DOTA a chance because I lost my WC3 keys. It was WC3 TFT for DOTA right? I would have liked to try it back then. I'm mostly passing time until I get the next gaming cycle. I think with the influx of upcoming games that I mentioned above, I will kick the WoW habit. And yea Happy, you would have liked it I think.

Believe me 2good, I learned A LOT of things from watching pro-demos and stuff. I didn't just skip through all that jazz. Every little thing they do counts. I get all of the reasons why they do everything. I would D/L demos and seriously watch it as opposed to watching streams/MLG broadcasts. I picked up a lot of things. I understand all of the principles behind it. What I can't do is IMPLEMENT it, or put it to good use because I'm not fast enough.

Fast enough to know what I want to do, too slow to actually do it. I know I don't need 150 APM in an fps. :)

Back