Veteran X
ragnaros2.jpg

Here is how he was created:

1 Part Human
1 Part Old Rag
1 Part Shaman Tier 5
1 Part Shaman Tier 8
17 Parts Doodles in 12 year old's Math Book Margin

It just looks like bad anime all having sex with each other. Like if Dragon ball Z banged Fist of the North Star.

Old news

Blues finally replied
The problem is that you have no context or perspective on the model you've seen a static image of.

1) Standing next to the full-sized, animated model will give you a very different perspective when you're looking up from his toenail
2) Knowing that he will only come out of his lava pool to reveal his full figure in a Heroic-only phase of the fight will give you a bit more context

He's not just going to be running around the moment every raid reaches him.

I don’t think a lot of you understand; perspective is a large part of art design. The designers probably designed the model looking upwards from his feet. I bet you Rags’ll look epic when you see him in person

This is sort of what I was getting at with my first point. The perspective is completely different when a player character is standing near him. The proportions were designed with that in mind, which is why the screenshot of the model really doesn't do Ragnaros justice at all. (Source)

I would say he is dead and won't come back, but then again Nefarion's countless be-headings in Classic was "merely a setback"...

Definition: Foreshortening occurs when an object appears compressed when seen from a particular viewpoint, and the effect of perspective causes distortion. Foreshortening is a particularly effective artistic device, used to give the impression of three-dimensional volume and create drama in a picture.

Foreshortening is most successful when accurately rendered on the picture plane to create the illusion of a figure in space.

Back