City rep farm strats?

Ickz

Veteran XX
So there's the new city tabards that give rep while in classic dungeons only (assuming they will work in Cata dungeons as well). Dungeons of all lvls give 3 rep per trash elite, and 60 per boss. Trying to figure out the most efficient dungeon/s to grind. From my limited testing, I think Scholo or Strat might come out on top, but doing SM Cath + Armory and then repeating seems pretty solid too since you can pull each instance in one pull and it's really quick and easy. I forgot the exact numbers, but Scholo and Strat gave a little over 1k rep per run whereas doing Cath+Armory was only like 600 or something, but much quicker. Anyone have any good ideas?

I take it that works for Gilneas as well?
Apparently it's broken or they fixed it (for Bilgewater Cartel) because I wasn't getting any rep in my daily heroic this morning. Probably disabled until Cataclysm for new factions.

EDIT: It's a bug and faction tabards are only giving rep in vanilla dungeons/raids until the next hotfix.

Last edited:
Apparently it's broken or they fixed it (for Bilgewater Cartel) because I wasn't getting any rep in my daily heroic this morning. Probably disabled until Cataclysm for new factions.

EDIT: It's a bug and faction tabards are only giving rep in vanilla dungeons/raids until the next hotfix.

I haven't read any articles other than this post but:

give rep while in classic dungeons only

edit: didn't read your edit. sry

Make sure you get the Thanksgiving table Spirit of Sharing +10% rep buff before you do this.

Last edited:
I dunno, seemed like you got more than even rep doing normal quests (assuming they don't nerf that in cata for some reason) and there's only two reasons I could think would be worth it for most players. And that's Orgrimmar/Stormwind And Bilgewater Cartel. First is 20% off Artisan Riding and Master Riding, makes for 4000g each and the Cartel for the goblin bike mounts.

Aside from that I doubt anyone beyond completionists or collectors would need too. That is unless they throw in some compelling reason post-cata to do so.

BRD got hotfixed. Luckily I got to exalted and got my trike earlier.

edit: People are saying they work in northrend dungeons now

Last edited:
You get 300 rep for bosses in heroics, and 15-17 for normal mobs. I was into revered via BRD when it got hotfixed, so I just queued with a tank and healer for an hour or two and got exalted that way.

Back