mage vs rogue for cata

Yeah, I guess if DK was your main I wouldn't do a paladin. Rogue vs. mage is a tough call. I'd probably go mage.

I have an 80 ret paladin, 80 mage, 80 rogue and 80 warrior. The ret paladin is by far the funnest class. His dps is amazing and i can switch to prot for instant que's as mentioned before. The mage comes in as a close 2nd, its fun being able to attack shit from the back field, especially since ive played melee characters for so long. My rogue is a nightmare, i dont enjoy them at all. i played a rogue up to and through TBC, wotlk i hated every minute of it. Im hoping cata brings him back to life.

About your concern playing a paladin since you already have a dk. I was worried about the same thing when i started my warrior. I thought, damn the same loot all over again, and how different could the attacks be anyway. I was wrong, the loot had no effect and i was just as excited to get the same shit over again for another character, and as for attacking, it was completely different as well.

So i say, go paladin..and if you dont want to do that because of your dk, go mage.

I hate the new ret paladin rotation.

Frost DK = complete OP. Howling Blast until the tank hates you. I only have T9 gear and I'm already pulling 7k dps.

Mage really is fun though. They've really given them a lot to work with to make it more than a two button mash fest.

Can't attest to rogue, will be rolling my first one ever come cata.

Rogue looks fun still. Not sure if I will bring a rogue to 85 first or the druid. I've always wanted a druid and now have an 80. Boom for caster dps, heals for pvp, and rogue for melee. Ends up being a nice combo, since I hate cat dps. Fucking watching bleeds constantly sucks ass.

Yeah druid healing is like paladin tanking, you have a lot of oh-shit buttons and you get a stupid mix of HoTs and instants. Haven't really tried boomkin despite everyone saying how OP it is, but even feral-tank spec as kitty makes easy work of mobs solo'ing. Besides I have an ele shaman to "act like a mage" without having to watch that Lunar/Solar bar mechanic.

Moonkin form sucks. It'd be cool if they turned it into a cooldown.
I think at this point its just down to mage vs druid. Druid seems to have more versatility. Mage has easy transport. Hmmm

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

If mages will be expected to CC again they will be a lot more fun to play than in LK, I had a lot of fun in TBC doing CC in shadow labs, being the one that walks forward, sheeps a target then counter spells a caster so the pack would move towards us was a lot better than spamming AOE.

If mages will be expected to CC again they will be a lot more fun to play than in LK, I had a lot of fun in TBC doing CC in shadow labs, being the one that walks forward, sheeps a target then counter spells a caster so the pack would move towards us was a lot better than spamming AOE.

Agreed. I remember running shit in vanilla wow, constantly having to sheep and sap targets. Made dps feel like a more important role. I use to get whispered to open lock boxes on my rogue also. Good ol days.

Yeah druid healing is like paladin tanking, you have a lot of oh-shit buttons and you get a stupid mix of HoTs and instants.

This makes no sense, and does nothing to compare druid healing to paladin tanking.

Posted from my Macbook Wheel

This makes no sense, and does nothing to compare druid healing to paladin tanking.

If you played healers and tanks beyond those two you would know. Paladin tanking is a bit easier given HoR is AoE and 3 second CD in addition to all the holy damage on top of weapon, you don't have to rely on position for things like shockwave nor bank on holding threat while Swipe in on CD.

Healing on a druid has a lot of HoTs, and a few big and quick heals like Nourish and Regrowth. Compare that to a shaman when you have one smaller HoT on a longer CD (riptide) and ultimately banking on haste to bring the time of all your healing spells, and on top of that the chain heal doesn't seem to heal as much as a druid's HoT.

I'm thinking that you aren't quite as knowledgeable about this as you think you are.
Not only did you again fail to compare the two specs, but you even further removed it from your first point. And then you bring up shammies with yet another tangential point.

Sent from my Gibson using HaxType.

If you played healers and tanks beyond those two you would know. Paladin tanking is a bit easier given HoR is AoE and 3 second CD in addition to all the holy damage on top of weapon, you don't have to rely on position for things like shockwave nor bank on holding threat while Swipe in on CD.

Healing on a druid has a lot of HoTs, and a few big and quick heals like Nourish and Regrowth. Compare that to a shaman when you have one smaller HoT on a longer CD (riptide) and ultimately banking on haste to bring the time of all your healing spells, and on top of that the chain heal doesn't seem to heal as much as a druid's HoT.

That does absolutely nothing to explain why you said that Druid healing and Paladin tanking are similar. They are nothing alike, aside from having to push buttons to make your character do something.

Back