Finally got my quel'delar.

Tahnit

Veteran XV
I have to say the questline for this was pretty fun. Also most dont know this but you can get the blade fixed in the normal 5 mans, dont have to wait a day to get unsaved from all of them after the hilt drops.

Questline has a lot of phasing and going back to quel'denas and finding no mobs anywhere at all and everyone fixing damage was pretty cool. Also going inside the sunwell in a phased instance was pretty epic.

All in all a badass 2h.

Last edited:
if i get the hilt, i'm going to do the questline until i have the debuff under my name that says "Quel'delar draws you to the Halls of Reflection in Icecrown Citadel" and then i'm never going to go to halls of reflection again. Hopefully I will have this "debuff" for the rest of my characters life. I have a 258 and 251 one handers on my enhance shaman, and the quel'delar i would get is only a slight upgrade over my offhand, barely worth another berserking enchant.

I got mine on day one.

And then that fucking spellsword dropped on marrowgar-10, and it's the same damn thing, but with haste and hit instead of crit.

/facepalm

Have yet to see a hilt drop at all, pre-nerf or post-nerf. I pretty much stuck that thing in the same boat as the blue proto-drake mount (didn't see that thing drop ever).

For those who have seen drops everyone needs regardless? And if you have won one did someone else whisper you to buy it from you?

For my paly it would be a great ret upgrade, it would be just under 400 dps increase from my current weapon.

I have been checking the prices and saw one for 14,000g, I don't think it is worth that but I don't have a raid right now and my gear isn't good enough to get in most pugs so I don't have many options to get a better weapon.

Pretty much what smaq said. The hilt dropped the one and only time I ran the place. I didn't even know it was BOE and was like whatever, Mode got it.

My ret and prot gear are not good enough for most pugs, I get turned down whenever I ask. Getting turned down for a Maly 10 pug because I didn't have 40k unbuffed HP was funny, maybe they buffed the fight while I wasn't playing but I don't remember problems with my gear main tanking Maly 25 when all we had was Naxx, and Sarth gear.

My ret gear is not good at all, I was 13th dps on Hodir this last week, it was a guild run so nobody cared. I need to gather mats for some items to be crafted, and then replace several of my T8.5 pieces at the same time, the set bonuses were made way too good.

The other thing is that pugs ask to see your achievements to prove you know the fights, I don't even really know the ToC fights.

Last edited:
My ret and prot gear are not good enough for most pugs, I get turned down whenever I ask.
If you go as tank you'll have no problem finding a group with LFG tool. Run 25 dungeons until you get your Perky Pug and you should have enough Triumph emblems for at least half of a T9 set.

Back