Blizzard Authenticator

I bought the actual unit about 1 year or so ago, I was never hacked and I am careful where I go online but I simply use it just in case.

I bought the item i'm guessing about a year ago. Love it and feel it's worth it 100%

I thought it was free on a lot of different phones Adren but I only know the iphone for sure.

The first day I started playing I got one because I heard horror stories. I've never had an issue myself, but guilds I've been in, GM's etc. have been hacked and it's not fun when it's raid night and the gbank is empty :(

Got mine for $3.99 when Blizzard was selling them and have another one I got at Blizzcon in the goodie bag.

Totally worth it.

I have 4, in case I want to reactivate some of my dormant accounts.

I'm only using 1 atm though.

(Bought the spares since they're cheap and they were out of stock for fucking ever.)

ah kk guess I'll get one. been seeing some stuff lately that makes me worried. Priest in my guild got his account hacked and his toon xfered off server and was told he could not get his account back because they actually activated an auth on his account after getting it. Dunno how true the story is but he was off the server for a bit. He did get his account back after a lot of bs. He was pretty decked out.

You're worried because someone DIDN'T have an authenticator and got hacked and activated an authenticator? Moral of the story is get an authenticator so that doesn't happen to you. Not the other way around o_0

profit through fabricated fear is so deliciously evil... the obvious solution is jewbanker lawyers have taken control of blizzard.

what will they sell next... perhaps a "gnomish security grid" to keep "hackers" from looting your bank while youre logged off? ... cuz of course that could never happen... unless blizzard "accidentally" introduces a new "bug" ;)

Last edited:
Yeah bought one months ago to be on the safe side. But I also haven't had any security issues on 2 accounts in 5 years. I'm also not an idiot.

Back