elemantal shaman...

Synth

Veteran XX
Im not the best geared ele shaman by any means. Just over 600 +dmg and 19% to crit. My question is how you all are doing in 2v2 and 3v3. Ive pretty much failed. I look at all the top 2v2 and 3v3 teams, and the teams that have shaman and actually have success are resto specced. 5v5 ele shaman obviously have a legit spot but my 3v3 and 2v2 teams have been making up a large amount of rating because ive failed. Can a decent geared pally, well geared MS war and me be successful in 3v3 or am I in a dream world? Maybe im just bad, which very well may be the case. When a frost mage takes my place our rating is way better.

I think you'd have much more luck in 5v5.

If you put together a team with an MS warrior, Frost Mage, Elemental Shaman (you), Holy Pally, Disc/Holy Priest or perhaps a very well geared Shadow Priest or maybe even a well geared UA Lock you'd do pretty well, provided everyone knows how to play.

In the 3s bracket, Warrior/Ele Shaman/Paladin tends to do the best versus Rogue/Mage/Priest and Warrior/Paladin/Priest. It's kind of mediocre versus most other matchups.

I haven't seen many Ele Shamans high up in 2s at all.

Ele Shamans do best in 5s. Perhaps the new S3 gear bonus will help them in smaller brackets. Perhaps not.

Unfortunately, the mediocre paly, the homo elemental shaman, and the constant AWOL MS warrior weren't on last night, or we would have melted faces in 5s.

Unfortunately, the mediocre paly, the homo elemental shaman, and the constant AWOL MS warrior weren't on last night, or we would have melted faces in 5s.

Your mediocre pally went 12 - 1 in 2v2 and 8 - 0 in 3v3.

And speaking of AWOL, respec holy and let's get at least 10 games of 5v5 in earlier in the week. Waiting until Monday night is a bad idea imo.

Your mediocre pally went 12 - 1 in 2v2 and 8 - 0 in 3v3.

And speaking of AWOL, respec holy and let's get at least 10 games of 5v5 in earlier in the week. Waiting until Monday night is a bad idea imo.

Dude, we were running 3s on SUNDAY night. What's your excuse now biatch.

Btw, I meant mediocre geared. :p

Or better yet, drinking while playing.

And sorry to derail your thread Synth. I recommend you respec resto for our 2v2 and 3v3s. Or get your 30% in with Abides (frost mage) and see how you guys do.

Iirc you have 390 resilience with your resto gear so you should be dialed in. Plus I miss mana tide totem. We've lost a few cuz I ran out of mana. My mana pool is absolute shit.

Or better yet, drinking while playing.

And sorry to derail your thread Synth. I recommend you respec resto for our 2v2 and 3v3s. Or get your 30% in with Abides (frost mage) and see how you guys do.

Iirc you have 390 resilience with your resto gear so you should be dialed in. Plus I miss mana tide totem. We've lost a few cuz I ran out of mana. My mana pool is absolute shit.

That's a group we lost to yesterday - it was myself, precious, and silyn.

They basically outlasted us. Few times, we had the paly down real low after bubble.

That's only because my mana pool is not big enough to do enough damage. Had a warlock been in instead of me, and we would have won.

Ele shammies are always one of our top targets in 3v3. Not cause they're dangerous but because they're very easy to take out.

I like when they ride right at us and we just stunlock til death without them dismounting.

Resto shammies can be a bitch but you can usually spot them easily and just cc them if they suck.

After I pretended to go to bed last night, I snuck back onto the computer and saw KIRK AND SYNTH fucking talking. It's gotta be a conspiracy.

They're working together to keep kirk offline until I go to bed.

before i cancelled my account i had a lot of fun and success in 2v2 and 3v3 specced 30/0/31 - nice heals, mana tide for those long fights, natures swiftness etc, and still very nice crits

and i was still wearing 5/8 tier2 :lol:

so yeah, it's viable

edit: the real question is what the fuck am i doing looking at this forum

After I pretended to go to bed last night, I snuck back onto the computer and saw KIRK AND SYNTH fucking talking. It's gotta be a conspiracy.

They're working together to keep kirk offline until I go to bed.

heheh. let's try and pick a day or 2 in the week to get our 5v5 on. my schedule is pretty much ruled by baby, g/f and work...pretty much in that order. it's extremely difficult for me to be online at a specific time, which licks. although the more time i can prep her and let her know i have something scheduled, the better chance i can be around.

heheh. let's try and pick a day or 2 in the week to get our 5v5 on. my schedule is pretty much ruled by baby, g/f and work...pretty much in that order. it's extremely difficult for me to be online at a specific time, which licks. although the more time i can prep her and let her know i have something scheduled, the better chance i can be around.

If we're good on healers I can hop on his warrior as well if he can't get on, but that kind of like letting Corky drive a fire truck.

Back